Loveland Flats (88th & Center)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Loveland Flats (88th & Center)

Post by Brad »

Mixed Use Building 88th & Center

We got an email via the neighborhood email/messageboard that a Maher Tadros is proposing a mixed use building at 88th and Center. This would be on the two empty lots just east of US Bank, and well as a vacant house next to the two lots.

The neighbors seem to be mostly opposed to the project. Sorry, I did attend the meeting so I did not see any renderings, I just heard it was ground floor office with apartments above it.

It may have went to the last planning board meeting, so there may be renderings out there somewhere.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Re: Mixed Use Building 88th & Center

Post by daveoma »

It sounds like a GREAT development to me. Why would the neighbors be opposed to it?
mr. omaha
Home Owners Association

Post by mr. omaha »

Tadros was my concrete design prof at UNO. Probably an office for his structural design company?
mr. omaha
Home Owners Association

Post by mr. omaha »

My co-worker just informed me that his wife dabbles in real estate.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

daveoma wrote:Why would the neighbors be opposed to it?
Traffic and Late Night Dumpster emptying...

I work in an almost identical situation. We get our trash emptied at 8am and the traffic from the nearby school is about 10,000 time more from the neighboring school than from our office building... This proposed building is right by Westside Middle school and right down the street from Westiside High School. I see the traffic impact very minimal.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Love me some nimby excuses.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Has anyone heard anything new hear. The last owner put the 3 lots on the market, and they were bought by one of the neighbors. Last week they demolished the only house on the 3 lots.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I haven't seen anything come through yet...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:Has anyone heard anything new hear. The last owner put the 3 lots on the market, and they were bought by one of the neighbors. Last week they demolished the only house on the 3 lots.
Mack Leasing of Omaha LLC (Bert Wise) owns these four lots and was granted demolition to the NW lot on the 7th of July.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (102.2 KiB) Viewed 6822 times
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The person that owns that fourth lot (house on 87th ave) posted on our neighborhood site that they sold out to Bert as well. He lives only 6 blocks from this project so hopefully he won't be building anything that doesn't fit the neighborhood.

Snapped a few photos the other night right before the first house was demoed.

Brad
City Council

Re: Loveland Flats (88th & Center)

Post by Brad »

Loveland Flats was approved today 7-0

Westside neighborhood upset with city after approved residential development

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Westsi ... 42303.html
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Brad wrote:Loveland Flats was approved today 7-0

Westside neighborhood upset with city after approved residential development

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Westsi ... 42303.html
Wait... it's only going to be two stories and neighbors say it's going to tower over their houses? Ha!
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I'll play the world's tiniest violin for them.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

OH MY GOD IT'S GOING TO BE MAYHEM ON THESE ONCE QUIET PEACEFUL STREETS IN WESTSIDE. HOW ARE THESE NEIGHBORS GOING TO BE ABLE TO FUNCTION WITH LIKE TWO CARS PASSING IN FRONT OF THEIR HOMES EVERY FIFTEEN MINUTES?! AND BUILDINGS AS TALL AS NORMAL HOUSES?! THEY'LL BLOCK OUT THE SUN! EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY!
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Plans are in: 2 buildings that have 4364 SF Main level - 6562 SF 2nd level - 3720 SF Attached Garage
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

We have nice color renderings at work, I should ask the developer if I can post them.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Work has begun on this project.

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Just finishing up demo, about ready to begin construction.

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

This project went vertical at the end of last week.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update:
Jenepp
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Jenepp »

Do you have any idea when these will be finished? How much they will cost or anything?
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

This small project is taking about as long to construct as did the Empire State Building.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Nice! (Lol about the ESB comment.)
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:50 am This small project is taking about as long to construct as did the Empire State Building.
Its interesting, this project and the new gas station on 72 and pacific both started off really fast. However they both got to about the same point and stopped (Exterior Siding). Now the siding guys showed up and Loveland Flats and they got the siding up really fast. I just wonder if there is so much going on there are still some trades like the siding guys, that have a large backlog?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update:

ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Great pics Brad! This is a nice little project that sprouted. Like someone else said, his area could be on the cusp of greater development, not counting sunset valley. The units are pretty pricey, but they look high quality and the location is really good. I am hope the neighbors arent still angry about it.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

ita wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 pm Great pics Brad! This is a nice little project that sprouted. Like someone else said, his area could be on the cusp of greater development, not counting sunset valley. The units are pretty pricey, but they look high quality and the location is really good. I am hope the neighbors arent still angry about it.
Nope, I live in the neighborhood behind them and everyone is happy how they turned out. One lady is even selling her house and downsizing here.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Wow, those are nice. They look like a CIP development. That design looks up their alley. Im wondering of it is. Thx for the pics.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Brad wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:45 pm
ita wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 pm Great pics Brad! This is a nice little project that sprouted. Like someone else said, his area could be on the cusp of greater development, not counting sunset valley. The units are pretty pricey, but they look high quality and the location is really good. I am hope the neighbors arent still angry about it.
Nope, I live in the neighborhood behind them and everyone is happy how they turned out. One lady is even selling her house and downsizing here.
What price are they selling at?
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Uffda wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:07 am
Brad wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:45 pm
What price are they selling at?
Here's the link to the listing I was looking at. They have pics of the completed project even though that first one is only a rendering.

https://www.apartments.com/loveland-fla ... e/nt8tbnp/
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I've researched it, and they are not by CIP. They are by Seldin. https://www.seldin.com/lovelandflats (I almost wonder if they were inspired by popular, likeable CIP designs, though. The use of the blond/beige brick, and those brown & taupe shades on the siding, and the hip rooflines, all remind me of CIP's style. Yet, there is a bit a surprising twist & flair to them, than I'm used to seeing on CIP's safe, conservative, nice-looking designs.) Anyways, in my book: CIP's designs, or this Seldon's company's designs, are totally welcome anyday, imo, to grace my hometown. They are sharp!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

RockHarbor wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:18 pm I've researched it, and they are not by CIP. They are by Seldin. https://www.seldin.com/lovelandflats (I almost wonder if they were inspired by popular, likeable CIP designs, though. The use of the blond/beige brick, and those brown & taupe shades on the siding, and the hip rooflines, all remind me of CIP's style. Yet, there is a bit a surprising twist & flair to them, than I'm used to seeing on CIP's safe, conservative, nice-looking designs.) Anyways, in my book: CIP's designs, or this Seldon's company's designs, are totally welcome anyday, imo, to grace my hometown. They are sharp!
Seldin has nothing to do with the design. Calabretto is the owner and general contractor. Studio 951 was the architect. Seldin just manages them for Calabretto.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Brad wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:57 pm
RockHarbor wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:18 pm I've researched it, and they are not by CIP. They are by Seldin. https://www.seldin.com/lovelandflats (I almost wonder if they were inspired by popular, likeable CIP designs, though. The use of the blond/beige brick, and those brown & taupe shades on the siding, and the hip rooflines, all remind me of CIP's style. Yet, there is a bit a surprising twist & flair to them, than I'm used to seeing on CIP's safe, conservative, nice-looking designs.) Anyways, in my book: CIP's designs, or this Seldon's company's designs, are totally welcome anyday, imo, to grace my hometown. They are sharp!
Seldin has nothing to do with the design. Calabretto is the owner and general contractor. Studio 951 was the architect. Seldin just manages them for Calabretto.
Thanks. Makes sense, as they are just the owner/developer it sounds like. Makes me wonder who designs CIP properties then? I wonder if it is the same architect? Anyways, they have that look that is likable & popular right now in the area, mainly because of CIP properties -- that's my main point.
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

These turned out really nice. A nice addition to the neighborhood. Like all the brick on them.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Cermak wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:34 pm Like all the brick on them.
Bricks are from Endicott Clay Products, made right here in Nebraska, just south of Fairbury, NE.