Papillion Promenade: New site plan/rendering

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

Papillion Promenade: New site plan/rendering

Post by eomaha »

RED Development has updated their website... looks like Papillion Promenade may be starting to roll forward. They made a point in an earlier World Herald article... every project they've become involved with... has been seen through to completion.

Looks pretty much the same as what we'd seen from Lerner Company ... core 'town center' surrounded by big boxes/large strip retailers.

A glimpse of the architectural theme...

Sodak
Home Owners Association

Post by Sodak »

Good find, E. It will be interesting to see which development(Market Pointe or Papillion Promenade) lands Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond and Kohls. Should be pretty heavy competition.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I think Papillion is the right demographic for a Costco as well... which I wouldn't expect to see go in Market Pointe.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

With all the shopping centers popping up in Papillion and around the metro I wonder when DT will see more retail.
I think these places should put more thought into their designs. To me it looks kind of like a big fancy strip mall. Oh well at least its a sign of growth. :)
DTO
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Bellevue and La Vista/Papillion are actually rather underserved in retail/restaurants... compared to Omaha. Of course this isn't exactly new urbanism or anything ... but compared to the usual two dimensional strip malls... this is a huge improvement to what Sarpy County has seen in the past (actually Twin Creek is an improvement as well)... better use of space... a little pedestrian friendliness. We have to recognize that the car isn't going to go away anytime soon (ie there will always be large swaths of land given up to parking lots). I'll feel like the next level has been reached when we see a developer throw together some retail/restaurants/entertainment integrated with residential and office space... served only by multi level parking. As long as we can keep grading our way to Lincoln though... that's probably not going to happen. Who knows... perhaps some visionary will do something between Creighton and the Qwest Center.