Antler View (SEC 192 & Maple)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mcarch
Library Board

Antler View (SEC 192 & Maple)

Post by mcarch »

Anyone know what is happening with the SE corner of 192nd and Maple? It looks like it might be owned by subsidiary of a development company (I don't have the name on me right now). Right now there are several earth movers and the trees have been removed by the drainage area on the east side.
jessep28
Planning Board

Re: Antler View (192 & Maple)

Post by jessep28 »

Subdivision.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

Yes, I know. I've also seen the approvals of zoning. The area will be called Antler (can't remember off the top of my head if it was Pointe/Ridge). It seems to be a mixed use development. Has there been any news that maybe I haven't seen?
Coyote
City Council

Antler View (W Maple)

Post by Coyote »

'It’s ripe for development': $150M project will bring apartments, commercial ventures to stretch of West Maple Road
Cindy Gonzalez: World-Herald staff writer wrote:The undeveloped frontier between west Omaha and the Elkhorn area is about to shrink.
A mile-long stretch along West Maple Road between 180th and 192nd Streets will soon sprout apartments and a commercial area.
MTO
City Council

Re: Antler View (W Maple)

Post by MTO »

That area is hot right now I can see why they're planning a new high school.
15-17, 26, 32
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Added Antler View Apartments to the Multifamily / Apartment map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... sp=sharing

Lots of new stuff!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Look out Valley were coming to get ya!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

iamjacobm wrote:Look out Valley were coming to get ya!
Have we already annexed Waterloo?
15-17, 26, 32
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

MTO wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Look out Valley were coming to get ya!
Have we already annexed Waterloo?
Not yet.
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

I live across 192nd from this development. I am sad to see they're wasting most of the first phase and most of the future second phase to Apartments. The Second Phase - East End towards 180th would have great views to the east for homes. Also, Maple Street is already flooded with tons of vacant commercial land. I honestly do not see how we need more vacant land. There is also some at 20th & Maple that has sat vacant for years, except for Walgreens.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

mcarch wrote:I live across 192nd from this development. I am sad to see they're wasting most of the first phase and most of the future second phase to Apartments. The Second Phase - East End towards 180th would have great views to the east for homes. Also, Maple Street is already flooded with tons of vacant commercial land. I honestly do not see how we need more vacant land. There is also some at 20th & Maple that has sat vacant for years, except for Walgreens.
Because there aren't enough SF homes going up out west?
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Things are subtly trending to multi family dwellings which can be full sized buildings to town homes. The key is density is trending which is a wonderful thing for cities.
15-17, 26, 32
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (179.57 KiB) Viewed 4632 times
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Can you send me a link to where you are getting those? I want to see the original. The quality is so poor on your screen grab, I can't even read it.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

So I cam across this on loop net, Assuming Coyote's image is newer (neither have dates), it appears they replaced the big box retail with what would appear to be storage units.

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/0/9/ ... 0C1353.pdf
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

City Council's Agenda handout.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I'm chuckling about the name "Antler View." Gee...what inspired that? Could it be the nearby town w/ a bulbous water tower on the near horizon, one named "Elkhorn?"
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

MTO wrote:Things are subtly trending to multi family dwellings which can be full sized buildings to town homes. The key is density is trending which is a wonderful thing for cities.
Oh, I agree, don't get me wrong! I just think on that stretch of Maple, we don't need more commercial, move the apartments to that corner and make the rest of the land, where the apartments are located now, into single family.

The thing that got me started on this: My partner and I were looking for a lot to build our home, and as we looked we wanted a West Facing Lot, with either a City or Lake view, and not one that would support a million dollar house, mind you. Those lots are not to be had, as I was specifically wanted a City View. As we drove around Omaha, we kept noticing that pieces of land that HAD city views were either taken by, 1. Commercial Development, 2. Apartments, and 3. civic purposes (schools), while Single Family Residential has been build in the "lower" elevations. Tell me why? Commercial doesn't care about city views, nor does our schools. I understand apartments, and giving them a view.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I believe this is a newer rendition:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (229.73 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Wow, that 192nd/Maple area really is building up. Love that area from Elkhorn on over to Bennington. The land is pretty out there.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I don't think the renderings are too appealing:

nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

skinzfan23 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:26 am I don't think the renderings are too appealing:

That is the understatement of the day.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Right. It looks a bit odd, like something somebody put together in some PC "Design Workshop" program for a home computer, or something... (Like one that would have a box packaging that would say: "Be your own architect! Design your own strip malls and store fronts at home!")
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

I was going to say that it looks like something my son created for Minecraft but that's too big a slam on my son & Minecraft.

It just looks boring and cheap. The story said something about $150M in development. I guess that includes hookers and booze at the grand opening?
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

NovakOmaha wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:54 pm I was going to say that it looks like something my son created for Minecraft but that's too big a slam on my son & Minecraft.
It does look somewhat like Minecraft. At least a very basic building you could build in minutes.
FirebirdEngineer
Home Owners Association

Post by FirebirdEngineer »

HR Paperstacks wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:34 pm
NovakOmaha wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:54 pm I was going to say that it looks like something my son created for Minecraft but that's too big a slam on my son & Minecraft.
It does look somewhat like Minecraft. At least a very basic building you could build in minutes.
I know the look of a render from Autodesk Revit when I see one. Most architectural/engineering firms are using Revit for design and construction document work these days.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote, Here is your thread for that Scooters on 189 and Evans.
BIGO88
Home Owners Association

Re: Antler View (SEC 192 & Maple)

Post by BIGO88 »

Proof Whiskey Bar that is in Midtown Crossing is opening up a second location here.
kw35
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Antler View (SEC 192 & Maple)

Post by kw35 »

Hi - Resurrecting this thread. Is anyone aware of what is being developed on the West side of 192nd and Maple? 45 acres were sold back in 2015 to ONE PROFESSIONAL SQUARE LLC, which may be connected to Vann Realty. I can't seem to find any plans on what may be going in.