Billy Frogg's (W Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Billy Frogg's (W Dodge)

Post by RNcyanide »

I don't know if this has been put somewhere else, and move/delete it if it has.

The Billy Frogg's near 87th and W Dodge Rd has closed and the building has been bought by Nebraska Methodist College, or so I've heard from several students and faculty. Couldn't imagine what they'd want to do with it, unless they're going to tear it down. This would make quite an expansion for NMC this year, as they've also purchased the Omaha Medical Imaging fortress/building on the corner of 87th and Dodge this year.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Re: Problems for Billy Frogg's

Post by Seth »

RNcyanide wrote:I don't know if this has been put somewhere else, and move/delete it if it has.

The Billy Frogg's near 87th and W Dodge Rd has closed and the building has been bought by Nebraska Methodist College, or so I've heard from several students and faculty. Couldn't imagine what they'd want to do with it, unless they're going to tear it down. This would make quite an expansion for NMC this year, as they've also purchased the Omaha Medical Imaging fortress/building on the corner of 87th and Dodge this year.
What ever possessed them to paint it such hideous colors anyway? It used to look a lot better. Now it looks like a giant taco stand.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Seth wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:I don't know if this has been put somewhere else, and move/delete it if it has.

What ever possessed them to paint it such hideous colors anyway? It used to look a lot better. Now it looks like a giant taco stand.
Mmmmm giant taco stand....
taken
New to the Neighborhood

Post by taken »

WRK-15-00123 DEMOLITION Issued on 08/04/2015.

Can this be moved to urban development? I didn't find any other threads for this.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

This would belong in suburban development. 72nd is the splitter for these forums.
taken
New to the Neighborhood

Post by taken »

Louie wrote:This would belong in suburban development. 72nd is the splitter for these forums.
Thanks, and it looks like demo has started.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: Billy Frogg's (W Dodge)

Post by RNcyanide »

And it's gone.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

RNcyanide wrote:And it's gone.
Mostly. They still have a little bit more standing.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

And lots of rubble.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I'm kind of surprised NMC has no immediate plans for this land. Some kind of student life center with recreational space would be awesome, since we don't really have anything like that.

The Bride
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Just a cleared plot of dirt now.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Saw a sign here for Methodist today. Not sure if they are going to do something soon.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

It's been there for a while. I've heard around the college hey will be building a separate building for the Allied health programs, but no time line or confirmation has been given.

The Bride
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Nebraska Methodist College will be installing an 8x10 digital sign on the site of the old property to advertise their school.

The Bride
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Anyone remember what its building was before Billy Frogg's? I thought someone mentioned it in this thread, but I can't find it now?
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

RNcyanide wrote:Nebraska Methodist College will be installing an 8x10 digital sign on the site of the old property to advertise their school.
I saw the digital sign today. So, that is it? They tore down the whole building just to put up a sign?
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

choke wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:Nebraska Methodist College will be installing an 8x10 digital sign on the site of the old property to advertise their school.
I saw the digital sign today. So, that is it? They tore down the whole building just to put up a sign?
All they've told us was it was for future expansion of the Allied health programs. They were going to keep it for entertainment space but I guess the building was in really poor shape.

The Bride
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:Anyone remember what its building was before Billy Frogg's? I thought someone mentioned it in this thread, but I can't find it now?
Mother's?
EastCB
Library Board

Post by EastCB »

CoCo's
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:Anyone remember what its building was before Billy Frogg's? I thought someone mentioned it in this thread, but I can't find it now?
But I still think it was a Coco's
Spatial77
Home Owners Association

Post by Spatial77 »

Coyote wrote:
Wasn't the Bombay Bicycle Club in this area long ago? May have been a Perkins after that. Seems like there was also a Steak and Ale further back where the hotel is now.
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." -- Niels Bohr
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Spatial77 wrote:
Coyote wrote:
Wasn't the Bombay Bicycle Club in this area long ago? May have been a Perkins after that. Seems like there was also a Steak and Ale further back where the hotel is now.
I recall that being at around 70th & Dodge, north side...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Spatial77 wrote: Wasn't the Bombay Bicycle Club in this area long ago?
I believe that was just east of 72nd.
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

Brad wrote:
The Bombay was on the north side of Dodge, right about where Jason's Deli is located.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

TheSeventhBrat wrote:
Brad wrote:
The Bombay was on the north side of Dodge, right about where Jason's Deli is located.
Yep. Right in front of the Residence Inn.