Sol's Pawn shop coming to Millard

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Sol's Pawn shop coming to Millard

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

There goes the neighborhood. Word is a new Sol's is going in next to Meineke on 141rst and U. I cant see that as a good thing except the crooks wont have to go clear in town no more to pawn the stuff they steal from us out here. Boo Sol's! :(
jessep28
Planning Board

Re: Sol's Pawn shop coming to Millard

Post by jessep28 »

Clear into town like the pawn shop that's been in Old Millard for years?
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

jessep28 wrote:Clear into town like the pawn shop that's been in Old Millard for years?
That pawn shop that is in old Millard does not do much pawning and buying of goods. They mostly pay the bills by dealing lightly in Jewelry and Guns. Sol's is a different kind of animal. Sols is a pawn shop on steroids!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Hopefully they can close the NóDò location now.
15-17, 26, 32
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

What about the one that's at 120th and center? Is that clear into town now?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Its been a long time, at least 15 years ago, but the one on 120th had an ak-47 for sale.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

At least Sols has some rules to follow. The non pawn show places calling themselves something else (jewelry coins and gold particularly) are the real clip joints. Legal fencing, its pathetic. I dealt with one of these crooks on 13th st once. If they all went belly up that'd be fine. Id prefer Sols, hands down.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

bbinks wrote:Its been a long time, at least 15 years ago, but the one on 120th had an ak-47 for sale.
Which were legal. Besides, even when the Clinton assault weapons ban was in force, there were infinite loopholes to get around it. 100% legal guns that looked like AK-47s but shot more accurately. If you want to get a lesson on why these kind of legal structures are stillborn and thus don't pass congress anymore, get on google image search. Get a picture of an AK47, then open a second browswer window and search for a rifle called a "Maadi sport rifle".
Shrink these images to fit both on the screen. Play the childrens game of finding the differences between the two pictures. There are only two, but they made the second gun 100% legal during the ban. They also made it more accurate.

During the ban, you could have stacked up Maadi's like firewood and been completely legal.

Back on topic: Sols is a reputable business with a good business model in pawn. The rest of their businesses, I am not familiar with, but their reputation for predatory lending is increasingly disturbing.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

"their reputation for predatory lending is increasingly disturbing."

I am 99% sure that Pay Check Advance is by far a bigger source of income for Sol's then the traditional business of pawning and buying. It is perfectly legal for them to charge people 400% on those Pay Check Loans but they are still nothing but low life underhanded thieves for doing it.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:"their reputation for predatory lending is increasingly disturbing."

I am 99% sure that Pay Check Advance is by far a bigger source of income for Sol's then the traditional business of pawning and buying. It is perfectly legal for them to charge people 400% on those Pay Check Loans but they are still nothing but low life underhanded thieves for doing it.
Amazing that this kind of stuff is legal. I wonder how many people can actually crawl their way out of debt once they start getting those loans.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Louie wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:"their reputation for predatory lending is increasingly disturbing."

Amazing that this kind of stuff is legal. I wonder how many people can actually crawl their way out of debt once they start getting those loans.
It is extremely unlikely. What these guys do is take a post dated check that if you don't pay it off right away and completely, you get stuck in a loop of new post dated checks to cover the ones you owe on.

What I love is that our Douglas Co attorney has refused to prosecute bad check writers in these payday lenders as the act of knowingly taking the bad check is an establishment of a conspiracy to commit check fraud. So, Sols charges you for a bad check, their person gets arrested for a similar crime or, they can just eat the bad check.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

LOL, is Millard trying to make that "Most Ghetto" list? :)