Shoppes at Loreto

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Shoppes at Loreto

Post by Coyote »

Will be a new North 90th St. development on the west side between NAPA Auto Parts and Fantasy's.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: Shoppes at Loreto

Post by RNcyanide »

I want to go back in time and perform a post-natal abortion on whoever thought 'shoppes', 'centre', and 'towne' made simple things look classy. It |expletive| doesn't and those words are the bane of my existence.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

I mean 'centre' is the appropriate way to spell 'center' as it is proper english for every other english speaking country in the world as well as for those who learn english as a second language. And in regards to 'Shoppe', we just use it wrong and it does have an appropriate way to be used but we Americans butchered the english language and use it because it sounds fancy lol. In reality it is supposed to be used in reference to a store that has old-fashioned charm and quaintness...not some new shopping center. I will agree though, 'towne' is ridiculous.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

RNcyanide wrote:I want to go back in time and perform a post-natal abortion on whoever thought 'shoppes', 'centre', and 'towne' made simple things look classy. It |expletive| doesn't and those words are the bane of my existence.
If there was a *heart* emoticon, I'd use it right now.
No posts exist for this topic
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

RNcyanide wrote:I want to go back in time and perform a post-natal abortion on whoever thought 'shoppes', 'centre', and 'towne' made simple things look classy. It |expletive| doesn't and those words are the bane of my existence.

:lol:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

This development and the name "Shpopes at Loreto" aren't really new so to speak. The plat for The Fantasy's gas station was done back in 2007 or 2008 and the retail building was part of the plan all along. I think eventually the retail portion became a victim of the recession and was eventually put on hold and only the gas station was built.