103rd & Blair Highway

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

bbinks
Parks & Recreation

103rd & Blair Highway

Post by bbinks »

Last edited by bbinks on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Re: 103rd & Blair Highway

Post by bbinks »

Does anyone know what may be going on here? (http://douglascone.wgxtreme.com/?parcelid=0141130018). The land was for sale for awhile, then was up for auction a month ago. The auction packet showed housing as an option. (http://mid-continentproperties.com/wp-c ... -Sheet.pdf).

I live off of Pottert St, and really do not want to see more housing. Getting on/off of Blair Highway is tricky as it is during rush hour.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Im not sure theres anything much going on but it will end up being more housing, at least predominantly. There isnt much if any commercial left available in the area, and even less need.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

A few years ago on Grow Omaha they were talking about the Omaha area was short on available industrial land that was development ready. This was one of the areas I believe that was mentioned along with some in Sarpy county. Has that changed now, is there a surplus?

Greg
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Greg S wrote:A few years ago on Grow Omaha they were talking about the Omaha area was short on available industrial land that was development ready. This was one of the areas I believe that was mentioned along with some in Sarpy county. Has that changed now, is there a surplus?
This is on the west side of the road, The east side of Blair high is the land zoned for industrial.

Yes, there is still a shortage of shovel ready industrial ground in the metro.