QT / Arby's on 72 and Hickory

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Re: QT / Arby's on 72 and Hickory

Post by Brad »

jessep28 wrote:The old driveway was always chaotic. Hopefully moving it back will improve traffic flow.
Absolutely!

Last night it was all dark, fenced off, and a excavator sitting in front... I'm guessing there's a chance the building goes today...
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

Brad wrote:
jessep28 wrote:The old driveway was always chaotic. Hopefully moving it back will improve traffic flow.
Absolutely!

Last night it was all dark, fenced off, and a excavator sitting in front... I'm guessing there's a chance the building goes today...
They were tearing up the concrete in front of the old store and canopy at noon today. That building will be gone soon, if not today. Kind of strange to see a relatively new building get town down, but it was a bad layout to begin with, and was a victim of its own success with too much traffic/congestion getting in and out of the place.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
BPHusker
Home Owners Association

Post by BPHusker »

It looks like a wall is now going up when I drove past last week. Does anyone know when it is expected to open?
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

I'm still confused as to how the building will be oriented to the canopy. I'm assuming the back of the building will face Hickory, but the long length of the west wall that I saw up has me confused. Maybe I just don't understand the size of the big QT. It is after all our first.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Busguy2010 wrote:I'm still confused as to how the building will be oriented to the canopy. I'm assuming the back of the building will face Hickory, but the long length of the west wall that I saw up has me confused. Maybe I just don't understand the size of the big QT. It is after all our first.
Its still going to face towards 72nd Street with parking between the building and 72nd Street, but it will also have doors on the south side to get to the pumps.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

That's what it looked like to me. That just seems so odd.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Busguy2010 wrote:That's what it looked like to me. That just seems so odd.
I was in a QT like that in Phoenix, seemed very normal once inside.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

It looks like they might move the Hickory St entrance further west from 72nd and have traffic be able to go behind the west side of building to the pump canopy to the south. They basically moved to building 12-15' further north and east from the previous location. They'll still likely have a driveway directly to 72nd, I'd imagine.

I was wondering if they'd even still have an entry drive off of Hickory, since it used to get backed-up so close to the stoplight at 72nd. We'll have to see how it all lays out.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

Brad wrote:
Busguy2010 wrote:That's what it looked like to me. That just seems so odd.
I was in a QT like that in Phoenix, seemed very normal once inside.
Sure, but it is odd since all the giant gas stations are moving toward uniformity in everything. I would have had the back of it face hickory with an entrance to the west side and south of the building on 72nd. Must not have been enough room.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

GetUrban wrote:It looks like they might move the Hickory St entrance further west from 72nd and have traffic be able to go behind the west side of building to the pump canopy to the south. They basically moved to building 12-15' further north and east from the previous location. They'll still likely have a driveway directly to 72nd, I'd imagine.

I was wondering if they'd even still have an entry drive off of Hickory, since it used to get backed-up so close to the stoplight at 72nd. We'll have to see how it all lays out.
Yes, its mentioned on the previous page, the driveway is now in back of the building.
BPHusker
Home Owners Association

Post by BPHusker »

It seems like this construction is going on forever. I think they were saying they were going to open in June before they closed down the previous store.

In other news, I was driving down 370 near interstate exit/Walmart entrance and saw a QT Real Estate sign in front an old gas station on the corner. I checked out the website and apparently they are going to build a QT Travel Center across the street from it. They are also going to build a QT at 120th and Dodge where the old Baxter was. Not sure if we needed a new topic for this or not.

Sapp Bros Exit: https://realestate.quiktrip.com/Propert ... aspx?p=302

120th and Dodge: https://realestate.quiktrip.com/Propert ... aspx?p=314
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Grand re-opening this Saturday Oct. 7th
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Grand re-opening this Saturday Oct. 7th
Soft opening started yesterday 10/5. Just stopped in for a coffee, way bigger inside. Similar to what I remember from the QT store Phoenix.