Tearing down Gas Station NW corner 90th and Fort

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Uffda
County Board

Tearing down Gas Station NW corner 90th and Fort

Post by Uffda »

This one has been here since I moved up here in 2003. Used the car wash a few times. Pulled into the WF kiosk in the lot and saw it is closed and being torn down.
Brad
City Council

Re: Tearing down Gas Station NW corner 90th and Fort

Post by Brad »

The old Fanyasy's? Or at least it use to be a Fantasy's?

I always went to Keith's BP when I lived up that way.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

It was a Fantasy's. I'm surprised that location continued to stay open after Fantasy's built that giant new store at 90th and Ohio. It was a dump, and made no money.

In the early 90's as a kid, I had a fascination with automated car washes. My late great uncle used to drive me to that gas station all the time, so I could watch cars go through there.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

That place was a dump for the past few years. I'm pretty sure the place was now owned by one of those guys from India that seem to buy every old gas station and hotel in the country. No loss here and good riddance!
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:That place was a dump for the past few years. I'm pretty sure the place was now owned by one of those guys from India that seem to buy every old gas station and hotel in the country. No loss here and good riddance!
The owner listed on the tank removal and sewer disconnect permits was Fantasy's.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

jessep28 wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:That place was a dump for the past few years. I'm pretty sure the place was now owned by one of those guys from India that seem to buy every old gas station and hotel in the country. No loss here and good riddance!
The owner listed on the tank removal and sewer disconnect permits was Fantasy's.
Could he have rented it then from Fantasy's? I asked him once if he owned it and he said he did. Not saying I dont take the word of shady looking guys from the Middle East with a grain of salt.
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
jessep28 wrote:
Could he have rented it then from Fantasy's? I asked him once if he owned it and he said he did. Not saying I dont take the word of shady looking guys from the Middle East with a grain of salt.

I had joined some kind of milk program offered at that Fantasy's some time ago. It seemed the only time milk was on sale was if it was near expiring or if it had already expired. I was not impressed.
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

Brad wrote:The old Fanyasy's? Or at least it use to be a Fantasy's?

I always went to Keith's BP when I lived up that way.
You've probably met my brother, Dave. He's worked for Keith ,Sr and now, Jr for years.
fci4rene
New to the Neighborhood

Post by fci4rene »

The Fantasy's at 3402 N 120th St, Omaha, NE 68164 also seems like its going to be torn down as well. I drove by there in the past two weeks and it was closed down as the pumps had yellow tape wrapped around all pumps. So it looks like Fantasy's is focusing on their newer stores while closing down the dumps.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

fci4rene wrote:The Fantasy's at 3402 N 120th St, Omaha, NE 68164 also seems like its going to be torn down as well. I drove by there in the past two weeks and it was closed down as the pumps had yellow tape wrapped around all pumps. So it looks like Fantasy's is focusing on their newer stores while closing down the dumps.
Dingman's is going to build a second building on that lot, they already have the building to the north, but need more room.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
jessep28 wrote:
I'm seeing no indication of that from the liquor license history.