NE corner of 132nd & Fort

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

omahacacher
Home Owners Association

NE corner of 132nd & Fort

Post by omahacacher »

Almost all the trees and most of the outbuildings on this property are in the process of being removed. The "for sale" sign has been removed. Anyone have an idea of what is going in here?
Coyote
City Council

Re: NE corner of 132nd & Fort

Post by Coyote »

omahacacher wrote:Almost all the trees and most of the outbuildings on this property are in the process of being removed. The "for sale" sign has been removed. Anyone have an idea of what is going in here?
This 8 acre property is owned by Klinker Homeplace LLC, by Mark Klinker a Ralston lawyer.
It is still listed as Residential, so my guess is that he is getting it ready to be rezoned and sold.
I'm assuming the house is gone also...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:
omahacacher wrote:Almost all the trees and most of the outbuildings on this property are in the process of being removed. The "for sale" sign has been removed. Anyone have an idea of what is going in here?
This 8 acre property is owned by Klinker Homeplace LLC, by Mark Klinker a Ralston lawyer.
It is still listed as Residential, so my guess is that he is getting it ready to be rezoned and sold.
I'm assuming the house is gone also...

House and garage are still there as of yesterday. The rest of the property looks like a small tornado hit it :D
Mystikbrian
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Mystikbrian »

From what I know the property has not been sold. The owner is milling all the trees into lumber. They haven't had much interest in the property as is so clearing the land was the next step. The house will be gone within the next month. All outbuildings are being dismantled for salvage.

My first post here!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Mystikbrian wrote:From what I know the property has not been sold. The owner is milling all the trees into lumber. They haven't had much interest in the property as is so clearing the land was the next step. The house will be gone within the next month. All outbuildings are being dismantled for salvage.

My first post here!
Welcome and thanks for the info!

Going to be sad to see another barn go away. I have been driving by that property since I was a little kid when we use to go out to Standing Bear to ride bikes.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Thanks for posting that MystikBrian, and welcome to eOmahaForums!
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I've been wondering about that corner of 132nd & Fort, too. Not being insensitive here, but since I personally don't have nostalgic feelings for that old house, I am glad to see it get developed myself, as that area of Omaha just moves at a "snails pace" as far as development goes, imo. I just want to see Fort widened to four lanes through there. I am looking forward to more developments going in around the Deer Creek subdivision. I wonder what they are going to build in the flatter, low areas by the creek near 120th? Industrial? Shopping? I am not sure they will build housing on those lower, flat fields, but I'm not sure.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.