Old Millard Refrigeration Building

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Old Millard Refrigeration Building

Post by RNcyanide »

I saw the other day they are working on the old Millard Refrigeration Building. It looks like so far they are redoing the exterior, and who knows if they are doing anything inside. Anyone have any idea what the plan is here?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Brad
City Council

Re: Old Millard Refrigeration Building

Post by Brad »

Where is this building located?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The one at Sterling Ridge?
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Or are you referring to their old building in south Omaha near UPS?
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

The one behind western bowl. At least that was what I thought was their old office... I could be wrong.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

RNcyanide wrote:The one behind western bowl. At least that was what I thought was their old office... I could be wrong.
Looks like they sold that in 2015
http://douglascone.wgxtreme.com/java/wg ... 1600110521
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

I remember back in the mid 90s when some nit wit who was a big shot at Sitel bragged to me that they had just dropped over a hundred thousand in that building remodeling it into a telemarketing center. I thought to myself how stupid that was considering the volatility and shaky future of the Telemarketing business. Sure enough that telemarketing center was open maybe a couple of years at the most. I dont think that project went real well for Sitel.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:I remember back in the mid 90s when some nit wit who was a big shot at Sitel bragged to me that they had just dropped over a hundred thousand in that building remodeling it into a telemarketing center. I thought to myself how stupid that was considering the volatility and shaky future of the Telemarketing business. Sure enough that telemarketing center was open maybe a couple of years at the most. I dont think that project went real well for Sitel.
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:I remember back in the mid 90s when some nit wit who was a big shot at Sitel bragged to me that they had just dropped over a hundred thousand in that building remodeling it into a telemarketing center. I thought to myself how stupid that was considering the volatility and shaky future of the Telemarketing business. Sure enough that telemarketing center was open maybe a couple of years at the most. I dont think that project went real well for Sitel.

That's a lot better than dropping a $100 Grand on renovating a bunch of Fox One-Hour Photo booths.
Attachments
FoxPhoto.jpg
FoxPhoto.jpg (4.74 KiB) Viewed 945 times
FoxPhoto2.jpg
FoxPhoto2.jpg (9.86 KiB) Viewed 945 times
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Those graphics those last 2 posters used are ridiculously dated. Step out of the 70's boys it is almost 2017. :what:
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

Wow, that would be a bargain to remodel a 64,000sf two-story building for only $100k, even in the 90's. That wouldn't even be enough to get you some $15/sqyd carpet, if you could find any that cheap. ....Not saying it was a good idea to remodel that building though.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

GetUrban wrote:
Wow, that would be a bargain to remodel a 64,000sf two-story building for only $100k, even in the 90's. That wouldn't even be enough to get you some $15/sqyd carpet, if you could find any that cheap. ....Not saying it was a good idea to remodel that building though.
Sitel had about 1/3 of the bottom floor on the South side.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

They put up a big sign facing Industrial Road saying this will be the new location of ENHSA. They currently are located at 74th & Pacific. Looks like its going to be a big place. Sure hope I don't get down and out and ever find myself there! Wish they had stayed in the middle of town. :yes: