Indian Creek (204th and Maple)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

MKMScat20
New to the Neighborhood

Indian Creek (204th and Maple)

Post by MKMScat20 »

Hadn't seen anything posted on this. Larger building being built to the west of the Walgreens and Dentist office. Didn't know if anyone knew about it. I had heard rumors of a sports bar & grill but it looks really big for that to be the only thing going in that building.
Brad
City Council

Re: 204th and Maple

Post by Brad »

MKMScat20 wrote:Hadn't seen anything posted on this. Larger building being built to the west of the Walgreens and Dentist office. Didn't know if anyone knew about it. I had heard rumors of a sports bar & grill but it looks really big for that to be the only thing going in that building.
The sports bar is one bay in a strip mall.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Brad wrote:
MKMScat20 wrote:Hadn't seen anything posted on this. Larger building being built to the west of the Walgreens and Dentist office. Didn't know if anyone knew about it. I had heard rumors of a sports bar & grill but it looks really big for that to be the only thing going in that building.
The sports bar is one bay in a strip mall.
What is the name of the Sports Bar?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:What is the name of the Sports Bar?
I have not seen a name anywhere, just that a bar and grill was going in. I also looked on the building permit site and only saw "Indian Creek Retail".
20Characters
New to the Neighborhood

Post by 20Characters »

It is a second location for The Good Life Sports Bar and Grill.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

20Characters wrote:It is a second location for The Good Life Sports Bar and Grill.
Thanks for that info!
MKMScat20
New to the Neighborhood

Post by MKMScat20 »

Thanks for the info guys!
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

I've been wondering what was going in. I live off 208th and Maple so this is great! Hope the HyVee breaks ground soon!
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Oh, they are building a Hy-Vee out there? Great. I love that area. Those new neighborhoods just north of Elkhorn, just north of Maple, and just west of 204th (that have "Arbor" in the name) have a good feel to me. I think because they are on high land. I think it is attractive place to build a new home. I also love that Indian Creek Golf Course & neighborhood nearby, with the Indian statue at the entrance. Just love anything "Indian" in the name. I think because it reminds me of local history, and Native Americans/Indians make me think of the allure of the West...
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

I've heard rumors of there being the potential of a Panera and Scooters joining The Good Life Bar and Grill in the new Indian Creek Retail strip being built next to Today's Dental/Walgreens. Does anyone have any confirmation of these two stores? or is this just rumors gone a muck?
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

cafereef wrote:I've heard rumors of there being the potential of a Panera and Scooters joining The Good Life Bar and Grill in the new Indian Creek Retail strip being built next to Today's Dental/Walgreens. Does anyone have any confirmation of these two stores? or is this just rumors gone a muck?
I hope so... It would be nice to have those two businesses in that area. That area is pretty, imo..
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Right now all I have heard is that First National Bank is going in that area. 3808 N. 203rd.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

The first National Bank on the very corner of 204th and Maple on the Indian Creek property has been staked out. Anyone hear of any other businesses in the area? Any others joining The Good Life in the new commercial front? Possible rumors of the HyVee?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

cafereef wrote:Possible rumors of the HyVee?
Not a rumor...
http://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.p ... yVee+Maple

cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

Brad wrote:
cafereef wrote:Possible rumors of the HyVee?
Not a rumor...
http://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.p ... yVee+Maple
Yea, I know they own the land and have it planned. Just meant if anyone had heard rumors of them actually starting it.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

cafereef wrote:Yea, I know they own the land and have it planned. Just meant if anyone had heard rumors of them actually starting it.
Last I heard Hy-Vee wanted to complete all the Market Grille expansions in the Metro before they break ground here.
brikay07
New to the Neighborhood

Post by brikay07 »

Anytime Fitness was in the Elkhorn Days parade giving out items that say they're opening off 204th and maple. First National Bank did this also, but someone has already mentioned that in this thread.
MKMScat20
New to the Neighborhood

Post by MKMScat20 »

Heard today that HyVee could be breaking ground after the Pinnacle golf Tourney at indian creek. Please take with a grain of salt as it was word of mouth, but would sure move the timeline up.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

MKMScat20 wrote:Heard today that HyVee could be breaking ground after the Pinnacle golf Tourney at indian creek. Please take with a grain of salt as it was word of mouth, but would sure move the timeline up.
That parcel doesn't even have an address yet. No permits have even been filed.
I have been keeping an eye on it since a friend lives close by and really wants this to open soon.

FWIW:
Land Valuation
2017 - $1,462,100.00
2016 - $1,316,400.00
2015 - $2,173,800.00
2014 - $494,000.00
2013 - $494,000.00
2012 - $494,000.00
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

The Good Life Bar and Grill "at the creek" opened on Friday, has been extremely busy but excited to give it a try. :banana:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

First National Credit Building on this lot:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (161.14 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:First National Credit Building on this lot:
I believe you mean "First Nebraska Credit Union"
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:I believe you mean "First Nebraska Credit Union"
You are correct, sit, my mind didn't listen to my eyes...
brikay07
New to the Neighborhood

Post by brikay07 »

Saw a sign on the ground in the good life parking lot that said T-Mobile. looks like they are going to possibly put one there, not sure
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

brikay07 wrote:Saw a sign on the ground in the good life parking lot that said T-Mobile. looks like they are going to possibly put one there, not sure
A T-Mobile manager in town to help open the 72nd St. store was saying that they have big plans for Omaha. 5-7 new stores as quickly as they can get them. He also did a speed test on his phone at 72Mbps vs. the 43Mbps I was getting on Verizon.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

Anytime fitness signs are in the windows between T-Mobile and TGL. Now we just need for HyVee to get on board :)
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Indian Creek (204th and Maple)

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/money/plus/million ... 869cd.html

$13 million OCI headquarters set to rise near Indian Creek Golf Course

I think that is the correct rendering.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:$13 million OCI headquarters set to rise near Indian Creek Golf Course
Looks like they are going a on the NW side of this development.

Here is a quick map I made.
INDIAN-CREEK.jpg
INDIAN-CREEK.jpg (217.35 KiB) Viewed 5095 times
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Thanks for that map Brad! So it looks like most of this development is already spoken for.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Doesn't Hy-Vee own one of the lots north of Runza? Hy-Vee Gas?
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

:?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Cbluejays
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Cbluejays »

Hey Brad, thanks for posting this map. This does lead me to a question I have for you though. Being someone who currently works for Rural Media Group, I am curious what if any information you can disclose regarding this Elkhorn location. I have heard rumblings about the office moving but this map is the first real indication I have seen.

In closing, Elkhorn is my hometown but here's to hoping the rumored Gretna Hy-Vee goes up first :) That being said the location on 204th and Maple would be a prime spot.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Doesn't Hy-Vee own one of the lots north of Runza? Hy-Vee Gas?
My map is screwed up. HyVee owns the lot where I put the runza logo. Runza owns the next lot to the north. I'll fix it tonight.
Cbluejays wrote:Hey Brad, thanks for posting this map. This does lead me to a question I have for you though. Being someone who currently works for Rural Media Group, I am curious what if any information you can disclose regarding this Elkhorn location. I have heard rumblings about the office moving but this map is the first real indication I have seen.
Just what I found on the county website seen here:
RMG.JPG
RMG.JPG (95.72 KiB) Viewed 4851 times
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

Thanks Brad, I was going to ask about the placement of Runza, this is the first I'm hearing of Runza going in. excited about that
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

I saw the Runza lot is graded and steamed out today.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I always want them to build more lodgy-type stuff in that area. Thinking about it... It's because of the word "Elkhorn", and the term "Indian Creek" make me think of the West. Also, the location of Elkhorn, teetering on the woodsy bluff of a river valley, makes me think of a Mahoney-like setting. Interestingly enough, two twin one-story office buildings built recently near 192nd & Maple have entrances w/ gables made of exposed wooden cross beams/rafters, which makes me think of the West. They look really nice.... Lincoln seems a bit better about embracing & incorporating CO/Western themes than Omaha overall, imo.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

RockHarbor wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:34 pm I always want them to build more lodgy-type stuff in that area. Thinking about it... It's because of the word "Elkhorn", and the term "Indian Creek" make me think of the West. Also, the location of Elkhorn, teetering on the woodsy bluff of a river valley, makes me think of a Mahoney-like setting. Interestingly enough, two twin one-story office buildings built recently near 192nd & Maple have entrances w/ gables made of exposed wooden cross beams/rafters, which makes me think of the West. They look really nice.... Lincoln seems a bit better about embracing & incorporating CO/Western themes than Omaha overall, imo.
Hmm I never thought of that but it would be a really cool theme for them to use. Another way to help keep Elkhorn unique from the rest of the city since it is no longer a separate entity.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Louie wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:26 am
RockHarbor wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:34 pm I always want them to build more lodgy-type stuff in that area. Thinking about it... It's because of the word "Elkhorn", and the term "Indian Creek" make me think of the West. Also, the location of Elkhorn, teetering on the woodsy bluff of a river valley, makes me think of a Mahoney-like setting. Interestingly enough, two twin one-story office buildings built recently near 192nd & Maple have entrances w/ gables made of exposed wooden cross beams/rafters, which makes me think of the West. They look really nice.... Lincoln seems a bit better about embracing & incorporating CO/Western themes than Omaha overall, imo.
Hmm I never thought of that but it would be a really cool theme for them to use. Another way to help keep Elkhorn unique from the rest of the city since it is no longer a separate entity.
Thanks. Yeah, I just always like the idea of a big woodsy, rustic lodge in that area (maybe w/ big pictures of the Niabrara area within) to get a steak dinner, or set around a big stone fireplace in winter. Also, seeing grocery stores that more have a western, lodge theme using stone & wood & metal clamps connecting wooden beams (like the grocery stores in Jackson Hole, WY do). Or, even a Starbucks w/ a hint of western design. They could have a tri-elk sculpture in the middle of a round-a-bout w/ great landscaping, or a grouping of elk sculptures (much like Las Colinas, TX's mustangs) lit-up at night, maybe at the entrance of some big shopping area called "Elk Crossing" or "Elk Meadows" or whatever. I've seen more & more aspens used in Omaha (including a "prairie aspen" species, a man told me they found in the Niabrara area), and those could be used w/in other great landscaping. Also, love aspens & cottonwood together. Who doesn't love cottonwoods? That rustic "hunters" lodge theme can be used almost anywhere -- Washington, Colorado, Nebraska, Arkansas, Upstate New York, ect -- w/ four seasons & woods & a deer population. Many people like it -- just like they love Bass Pro & Cabellas, and the feel of the Branson, MO area. I'm not much of an "avid outdoorsman" myself, and I even enjoy Branson, hunter's lodge settings, & those big fish & game stores, which make me think & feel vacation & adventure. (I'm not suggesting to go overboard & get cheesy with some western theme in that area. I'm saying using hints of it here & there, playing off the feel & theme the name "Elkhorn" brings, along w/ "Indian Creek." Omaha has that Native American heritage, and the nearby Niabrara area really is rustic & western-feeling in its own way, so it isn't about neglecting the special beauty of Nebraska, and trying to be Colorado or Wyoming.)
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

Just curious if anyone has heard anything new going in besides Runza, OCI, Rural Media and the credit union? Im still holding out hope the HyVee would start this year haha.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

cafereef wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:46 am Just curious if anyone has heard anything new going in besides Runza, OCI, Rural Media and the credit union? Im still holding out hope the HyVee would start this year haha.
Rural Media? Is that RFD tv? I thought he moved the bulk of the operations to Nashville?