Aloft Hotel - 180th and Harney

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Aloft Hotel - 180th and Harney

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

There is a sign up for a new Aloft Hotel on the West side of 180th Street between Burke and Harney.

Aloft website has a page for an Aloft Omaha West opening June 2018. 120 Guest Rooms and 1500 sq ft of meeting space.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofthote ... rtyID=4582

skinzfan23
City Council

Re: Aloft Hotel - 180th and Harney

Post by skinzfan23 »

Nice....I would really love to see one of these downtown.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

skinzfan23 wrote:Nice....I would really love to see one of these downtown.
"Aloft Omaha West" says something to me.
jlincoln
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jlincoln »

In Boston there is a new Aloft and Element Hotel accross the street from each other. These two hotel concepts work well together. It would be nice to get another hotel in Midtown. The Element is great, add an Aloft and then perfect.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Has the look of a couple Hyett Place hotels I have stayed at
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

and 1500 sq ft of meeting space.
That's tiny!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omababe wrote:
and 1500 sq ft of meeting space.
That's tiny!
I though the same thing.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
nebraska
Library Board

Post by nebraska »

About the 1500 sqft of meeting space...

This hotel is the closest I can find. So it's more like 3 small conference rooms, rather than event spaces.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

I have stayed at 3 different Aloft Hotels. They use their ultra modern design to cover up for very small rooms and minimal amenities.

Aloft's price point is similar to a Hyatt Place but a Hyatt Place gives you a mini suite. A Standard Hyatt Place room has a small living room area with a foldout couch and desk, plus the standard bedroom area, and a regular size bathroom. Hyatt Place also includes free breakfast which is of better quality than a standard hotel breakfast.

An Aloft standard room is tiny, usually a bed and a built in desk and nothing else. The bathroom is tiny also with the toilet almost in the shower (no tub). No breakfast included and the XYZ bar is a standard hotel bar that you would find in any midrange hotel. The Aloft hotels look pretty and if you like modern design there is plenty to look at but they aren't really anything special.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Way cool! Those two existing hotels there are pretty busy.....so I'm sure another hotel would be great for that area.
Last edited by RockHarbor on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:I have stayed at 3 different Aloft Hotels. They use their ultra modern design to cover up for very small rooms and minimal amenities.

Aloft's price point is similar to a Hyatt Place but a Hyatt Place gives you a mini suite. A Standard Hyatt Place room has a small living room area with a foldout couch and desk, plus the standard bedroom area, and a regular size bathroom. Hyatt Place also includes free breakfast which is of better quality than a standard hotel breakfast.

An Aloft standard room is tiny, usually a bed and a built in desk and nothing else. The bathroom is tiny also with the toilet almost in the shower (no tub). No breakfast included and the XYZ bar is a standard hotel bar that you would find in any midrange hotel. The Aloft hotels look pretty and if you like modern design there is plenty to look at but they aren't really anything special.
I envisioned something like this. Give me an affordable, clean room. If the price is reasonable then small is okay. I'm just sleeping for the night. I don't need a ballroom for a hotel room. Especially if it has a polyester bedspread. Small, clean and modern.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Is this right?

Hotel 1-4 54,832sf
Apartment 14,480sf
Restaurant 7,291sf
Park 6,735sf
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Article in the exclusive section of the OWH Website. Anyone with a membership wanna spill the details?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
WBR_Tom
Home Owners Association

Post by WBR_Tom »

Garrett wrote:Article in the exclusive section of the OWH Website. Anyone with a membership wanna spill the details?
According to the article, the Aloft will be a five-story, 120-room hotel topped with private condos on the fifth floor occupied by the hotel's owners. A nearby office building will house Lindsay Corp. and Sojern, relocating from other parts of the city.

It says the hotel will have the usual modern design Aloft features (as pictured earlier in this thread), which include charging stations for cars, four-panel video walls, and billiard and ping pong tables in the lobby. But it also says they're adding "non-prototype" elements not found in other Aloft hotels, such as a 300-person banquet hall and a sports bar/restaurant with an outdoor patio.

The article says the hotel will also have a robotic butler, at some point in the future. No word on docking stations for the Jetsons to park their flying cars :lol:
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

Garrett wrote:Article in the exclusive section of the OWH Website. Anyone with a membership wanna spill the details?
Rumor has it that you can copy and paste the article title into google and click on the story to read it.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The one time I stayed at an Aloft hotel (Miami Doral) the room was BY FAR the largest room I have ever stayed in out of perhaps 500 hotel nights. Had to be over 1000 sq’. We paid for a standard room, and they liked my hisband’s shoes so much that they gave us the big upgrade for free.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

nativeomahan wrote:The one time I stayed at an Aloft hotel (Miami Doral) the room was BY FAR the largest room I have ever stayed in out of perhaps 500 hotel nights. Had to be over 1000 sq’. We paid for a standard room, and they liked my hisband’s shoes so much that they gave us the big upgrade for free.
That is definitely not the standard room. All the ones I have stayed at have small rooms, not bad at all just small. I guess I need to step up my shoe game to get those Big Upgrades.