Top Golf Omaha (Westroads Area)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Re: Top Golf Omaha (Westroads Area)

Post by damonhynes »

Brad wrote:Top Golf Omaha
Ben Pearson Commercial Real Estate Broker wrote: BREAKING: Top Golf is coming to Omaha. You will hear the announcement of its location here first. Please stay tuned for more details!
I had occasion to drive by their abuilding location in Fort Worth. Tallest fence I've ever seen. It's far enough off IH-35W so you can't see any advertisements, it took a look at Google maps to find out what it was.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I heard that Top Golf wasn't able to reach a deal on the auto dealership land and won't be coming to Westroads. Supposedly they are looking elsewhere in the city.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

That’s an unfortunate setback.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:20 pm I heard that Top Golf wasn't able to reach a deal on the auto dealership land and won't be coming to Westroads. Supposedly they are looking elsewhere in the city.
Anyone heard anything confirming this? It’s a pretty huge deal for the area and if it has indeed fallen through, it’s big news.. No local news source has reported anything.. if we don’t hear a confirmation within the next couple of days, we may move this into “rumors” status...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
John10
New to the Neighborhood

Post by John10 »

And now Miracle Hills is building a nice indoor driving range with Top Tracer technology!
milesej05
Home Owners Association

Post by milesej05 »

John10 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:47 am And now Miracle Hills is building a nice indoor driving range with Top Tracer technology!
Hopefully it is the first of many as some of these indoor ranges around here are more expensive for an hour rental than an 18-hole round of golf.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

A New Building permit just went out for "908 N 102 ST, OMAHA " with no name attached yet.
Will this be for Top Golf?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:25 pm A New Building permit just went out for "908 N 102 ST, OMAHA " with no name attached yet.
Top golf: Construction of 48,295 SF two-story golf entertainment venue with associated infrastructure.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Coyote wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:01 pm
Coyote wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:25 pm A New Building permit just went out for "908 N 102 ST, OMAHA " with no name attached yet.
Top golf: Construction of 48,295 SF two-story golf entertainment venue with associated infrastructure.
Nice! I am glad this didnt fall through for westroads. This should give a nice boost to the area and will look impressive since that spot is at an higher elevation.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Thank goodness, I thought this was gonna be another project that fell through the cracks.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Guess my source was wrong. Odd given they work for a developer. Maybe they tried to buy all the dealerships and decided to settle for only a few instead?

Here's a rendering:

"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I had pictured the facility being flipped with the entrance being closer to the mall and you hit west when it was announced, but I am sure they don't want the afternoon sun in peoples eyes.
ScrattyB
Library Board

Post by ScrattyB »

I had pictured the facility going parallel to the street. I didn't think the lot would be deep enough for all the Happy Gilmores out there. Looking at Google maps and using my finger ruler (aka my finger on the screen), it looks like it's just over 500 yards deep.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

More renderings

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Glad to hear this is moving forward.. I suspected it would be anyway..since no local media source collaborated the rumor that the deal had fallen through...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
milesej05
Home Owners Association

Post by milesej05 »

ScrattyB wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:49 am I had pictured the facility going parallel to the street. I didn't think the lot would be deep enough for all the Happy Gilmores out there. Looking at Google maps and using my finger ruler (aka my finger on the screen), it looks like it's just over 500 yards deep.
I assume you meant Feet and not yards. According to Google Maps, it is only about 210 yards...which is on "par" or close to the one in Overland Park, KS (relative to the rendering that was provided).

Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

Glad this looks like it’s moving forward. I Think Omaha will be one of the smaller metro’s with a Top Golf facility.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Dealerships moving out, Topgolf moving in means tract near Westroads is changing
Cindy Gonzalez / World-Herald staff writer wrote: Westroads Investors LLC, developer of that property, also is wooing like-minded retailers to occupy an adjacent four acres where other former Baxter Auto Group buildings are being demolished.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (113.19 KiB) Viewed 7493 times
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (199.45 KiB) Viewed 7492 times
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Possibly because it can’t be any wider, from that render it’s going to be a three level Top Golf.
15-17, 26, 32
Doctor Fate
Human Relations

Post by Doctor Fate »

The first time I went to Top Golf, I was genuinely surprised at how good their food was.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

TopGolf will be using a new, more flexible design at the Westroads locations. Additionally, the developer is advertising adjacent sites for restaurant use.

https://morningsky.com/omaha/posts/topg ... -westroads
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I haven't been on the Westroads ring road for a while but demolition is clearly visible from Dodge Street when crossing 680.
ScrattyB
Library Board

Post by ScrattyB »

Looks like the demo is done, now they just have to haul away the debris. That should be done next week.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I can't believe how BIG that Top Golf will be. Check this out: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnew ... 1200%2C675

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnew ... 1200%2C675

Oh, I see that 2nd image was just posted... Oh well.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
gkudrna
New to the Neighborhood

Post by gkudrna »

It is actually very fun. I am not a golfer, but when I went to the location in Kansas City, I had a blast. It is kind of like a bowling alley setup for golf. Better yet, the prices were not bad. You pay by the hour for up to 6 people on the lane. Depending on the time of day, the price is cheaper. I think we paid $35 for an hour for 6 people before 5pm. I believe certain times can be as low as $25 per hour. After 5pm, I think it is $45 per hour.

They have a full restaraunt and bar as well, and I believe a level with pool tables. Also, live music on an outside stage at certain times.
Doctor Fate
Human Relations

Post by Doctor Fate »

gkudrna wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:13 am It is actually very fun. I am not a golfer, but when I went to the location in Kansas City, I had a blast. It is kind of like a bowling alley setup for golf. Better yet, the prices were not bad. You pay by the hour for up to 6 people on the lane. Depending on the time of day, the price is cheaper. I think we paid $35 for an hour for 6 people before 5pm. I believe certain times can be as low as $25 per hour. After 5pm, I think it is $45 per hour.

They have a full restaraunt and bar as well, and I believe a level with pool tables. Also, live music on an outside stage at certain times.
There also days were the bays are 1/2 price, depending on location.

Also, the food is really good. Expensive, but really good.
stormchaser
Parks & Recreation

Post by stormchaser »

First pieces of steel going in today for Top Golf...

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

stormchaser wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:41 pm First pieces of steel going in today for Top Golf...

Should be up before we know it.. Thanks for the pic update :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

stormchaser wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:41 pm First pieces of steel going in today for Top Golf...

As I drove by the other day the steel is now up two levels.
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
stormchaser
Parks & Recreation

Post by stormchaser »

Top Golf progress update 8/5/19...

Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Are they still doing 3 levels? Kinda looks finished on that second tier thingy.
ScrattyB
Library Board

Post by ScrattyB »

Louie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:31 pm Are they still doing 3 levels? Kinda looks finished on that second tier thingy.
Scroll up. Fri Feb 1 2019 : Top golf: Construction of 48,295 SF two-story golf entertainment venue with associated infrastructure.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

ScrattyB wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:46 am
Louie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:31 pm Are they still doing 3 levels? Kinda looks finished on that second tier thingy.
Scroll up. Fri Feb 1 2019 : Top golf: Construction of 48,295 SF two-story golf entertainment venue with associated infrastructure.
The renderings from Feb 5 2019 show 3 stories
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

It does look like just 2 levels to me. Still a good catch for Omaha.
ScrattyB
Library Board

Post by ScrattyB »

Louie wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 am
Just a rendering though.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

ScrattyB wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:22 am
Louie wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 am
Just a rendering though.
Well, that just renders me speechless....

I'll show myself out
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

You know it’s a slow news week in Omaha, when there is discussion of 2 vs 3 stories for our new Top Golf, lol..

I’m just glad Omaha has procured this ever popular recreation/entertainment option :) ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
ScrattyB
Library Board

Post by ScrattyB »

I hope they offer a perpetual groupon :o
stormchaser
Parks & Recreation

Post by stormchaser »

Looks like they are working on adding the 3rd level today...