Top Golf Omaha (Westroads Area)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Top Golf Omaha (Westroads Area)

Post by Brad »

Top Golf Omaha
Ben Pearson Commercial Real Estate Broker wrote: BREAKING: Top Golf is coming to Omaha. You will hear the announcement of its location here first. Please stay tuned for more details!
Coyote
City Council

Re: Top Golf Omaha

Post by Coyote »

Wasn't this going in West Dodge Pointe? I remember posting about this a year ago or so...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Wasn't this going in West Dodge Pointe? I remember posting about this a year ago or so...
It was a long time ago, but not anymore...
bmt
Home Owners Association

Post by bmt »

It seems like Top Golf is really expanding recently. They are going to Indy and Birmingham which aren't that different from Omaha size wise, so I could definitely believe that they would expand to Omaha. I have never been to one, but some friends who really aren't golfers said that the one in KC was a blast.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Dealers west of westroads is where it's going.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:Dealers west of westroads is where it's going.
That will be a while then.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Coyote wrote:
I was told they closed on land out near Village Point a week or so ago, so maybe not AS long as you think. Not as quick as a pad tho.

I should annotate that the westroads site is what I was told isn't the lead between that and south port north of Costco.
NeonMartiniGlass
New to the Neighborhood

Post by NeonMartiniGlass »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:
Coyote wrote:
I was told they closed on land out near Village Point a week or so ago, so maybe not AS long as you think. Not as quick as a pad tho.

I should annotate that the westroads site is what I was told isn't the lead between that and south port north of Costco.
I was at the one in KC just last November. It's actually a pretty cool setup and a lot of fun.
Man Melts the Sands so He Can See the World Outside
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

I was at the opening of Top Golf in Jacksonville, Florida and at the time, they were claiming that it would bring a 10-year area economic impact of $250 million to the area. They had over 500 employees at the Jacksonville location. The golf range was a lot of fun and they had some nice bars and a restaurant inside. You can spend some big bucks pretty fast there. Not sure how something like that would go over in Omaha. Do they stay open all year round at their other northern locations?
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I have been to the one in Overland Park. It's nice. Top Golf has a competitor on the way in KC going in up in the Northland area, Driv Golf Lounge and Brewhouse.

Greg
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

This will be a big hit here I am sure of it. That location at Westroads would be fantastic too, I had assumed it would go on a greenfield somewhere.
Bren10

Post by Bren10 »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:
Coyote wrote:

I have also heard that the property west of village pointe and Broadmoor Hills is where it will be located
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

iamjacobm wrote:This will be a big hit here I am sure of it. That location at Westroads would be fantastic too, I had assumed it would go on a greenfield somewhere.
Topgolf is very trendy in Las Vegas at the moment.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Omababe wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:This will be a big hit here I am sure of it. That location at Westroads would be fantastic too, I had assumed it would go on a greenfield somewhere.

Omababe wrote:
Yeah the Vegas one might be the best. Such a cool background.

Greg

Post by Guest »

I believe it's going right by TD Ameriprise Park...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
That is TD Ameritrade Park...Oops. Anyway. I do know that the investors want it located over just NE of the stadium.
Cooters
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Cooters »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
That is TD Ameritrade Park...Oops. Anyway. I do know that the investors want it located over just NE of the stadium.
I suppose this could have changed, but I know that space was the goal. I know there are some land toxicity issues in the area, but I'm not sure if it impacts the target space. But my most recent word was indicating downtown by TD is still the preferred area.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Having no idea what Top Golf was.. I did some research. It seems like a fun and entertaining concept indeed. I agree a location in Omaha would be a big hit..

Let's hope the plans come together and we can move this out of the Rumor section soon :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

Top Golf would need a pretty large piece of property to build on. I would imagine they would require at least 400 parking spots. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it would require 10 to 15 acres.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

So then Boys Town or Sarpy county more likely?
15-17, 26, 32
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sorry but that's not true.
Cooters
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Cooters »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sorry but that's not true.
If it's not true then they didn't get their first choice.
Cooters
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Cooters »

OmahaOmaha wrote:I was at the opening of Top Golf in Jacksonville, Florida and at the time, they were claiming that it would bring a 10-year area economic impact of $250 million to the area. They had over 500 employees at the Jacksonville location. The golf range was a lot of fun and they had some nice bars and a restaurant inside. You can spend some big bucks pretty fast there. Not sure how something like that would go over in Omaha. Do they stay open all year round at their other northern locations?
My understanding is they're going with a closed style, as opposed to a open breezeway style such as what the Vegas location has. They also have heaters hanging from the ceiling. So in theory, it would remain open most of the year.
guester1

Post by guester1 »

What do you mean by enclosed? Cause even the one in Chicago is outside (Obviously the swing areas are covered).
Cooters
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Cooters »

guester1 wrote:What do you mean by enclosed? Cause even the one in Chicago is outside (Obviously the swing areas are covered).
Sorry, what I mean is the front only to be open air. Many of the other locations have more of an open air atmosphere. The lanes will butt up to the building as opposed to an open space between the lanes and the main facility. If that makes any sense.
mawell

Post by mawell »

I lived in Texas for 2 years and went to a couple of their locations. I immediately told all my friends and family that we needed one in Omaha. That was 4 years ago. So glad Top Golf keeps building. It was a huge attraction in TX, has been huge in KC, and will be very successful here. For those who have never swung a golf club, have no fear, there's fun in it for all! They also bring in top chefs from around the world to train the staff. Great food, great drinks, music, and entertainment! Omaha will absolutely love it and the city will profit from it as well.
ThatGuy
Human Relations

Post by ThatGuy »

I'm a little confused. Is this a done deal and if so where?
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

ThatGuy wrote:I'm a little confused. Is this a done deal and if so where?
Car dealers at Westroads are moving to Village Point area. Top Golf is going where the dealerships are.
BC johns
New to the Neighborhood

Post by BC johns »

Where in VP are they moving too? That would mean that they need to build there still, i don't see where they have even broke ground for this there. Which means a year at least?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

BC johns wrote:Where in VP are they moving too? That would mean that they need to build there still, i don't see where they have even broke ground for this there. Which means a year at least?
At West Dodge Point (North of Dodge) they have been pushing dirt around since December...
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:
BC johns wrote:Where in VP are they moving too? That would mean that they need to build there still, i don't see where they have even broke ground for this there. Which means a year at least?
At West Dodge Point (North of Dodge) they have been pushing dirt around since December...
Yep..

I was an eye-witness to that just this past weekend...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Toruscope2017

Post by Toruscope2017 »

I've studied the Top Golf model and its an awesome business. Growing VERY fast. I'm just wondering what the residents of the area are going to think about that large footprint 'surrounded' by 160 foot high chain link fence? Its a real eye sore if its on a main road (Dodge) or ? While an excellent concept, and one that has no competitors (yet!) I sure hope that everyone is aware of just how much it stands out!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Toruscope2017 wrote:I've studied the Top Golf model and its an awesome business. Growing VERY fast. I'm just wondering what the residents of the area are going to think about that large footprint 'surrounded' by 160 foot high chain link fence? Its a real eye sore if its on a main road (Dodge) or ? While an excellent concept, and one that has no competitors (yet!) I sure hope that everyone is aware of just how much it stands out!

I haven't been to it but I've been by it a few times - the one in Tampa is right next to I 75 and Selmon Expressway.

http://topgolf.com/us/tampa/
Last edited by Uffda on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Unless they build it north of Nicholas street it's not exactly close to many residents and for an area right next to a freeway and a mall it would be hard to lodge much complain about it.
15-17, 26, 32
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

You can see how close to the interstate

[youtube][/youtube]
Cooters
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Cooters »

As of Friday, the investors are saying they haven't finalized the spot yet. The leading investors prefer the spot out west while TopGolf and the city want it downtown. Just what I'm hearing.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The only place I really see it making sense downtown would be the large gassy area by Gallup.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Whatever came of that golf course that someone was going to put south of Eppley?
Cooters
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Cooters »

iamjacobm wrote:The only place I really see it making sense downtown would be the large gassy area by Gallup.
There is that big parking lot just north of the stadium...Which is what I was guessing, but I don't know specifically what they were looking at.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

So people pay a bunch of money to hit a ball off of a decked building? This doesn't sound like a long term business model.