Storage Units

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

admiralArchArch
New to the Neighborhood

Storage Units

Post by admiralArchArch »

There seems to be a large amount of storage units popping up all over town. It looks like there is a Dino's Storage going up at 192nd and Q Street, directly on the corner in a mostly residential area. Something about this use of land irks me. Also the one going up at 72nd and Maple (I think thats it), also seems like a really bad use of a great corner location. Anyone else feel this way?
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Re: Storage Units

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

These storage units need to be zoned industrial. They are incredibly ugly and a literally dead space for activity.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

You forgot to mention the storage units under construction on 192nd and Harrison, 192nd and Giles (Expanding existing), 180th and Harrison (North Side), 180th and Harrison (South Side) and 180th and Giles. That is going to be 5 new and 1 expanded facility within 1.2 miles of each other in a residential area.

I am fine with one similar to what they are building on 180th and Harrison (North Side) that is built into the ground. I don't know why they would approve so many special permits when they are so close to each other.

Hopefully Shane Harrington opens Club West Omaha in the area so we get a little variety.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

You forgot 204th and Farnam
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

People have too much

FirebirdEngineer
Home Owners Association

Post by FirebirdEngineer »

I believe there's also another storage center near 147th and West Maple. They at least gave that one some visual flair when they built it, and it's also not directly on the main road.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Inexpensive to build, tenants are inanimate objects and people clearly keep filling them up.
admiralArchArch
New to the Neighborhood

Joe_Sovereign wrote:These storage units need to be zoned industrial. They are incredibly ugly and a literally dead space for activity.
Yes! Exactly. I think this might me outside city limits. Could that be why this passed?
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

admiralArchArch wrote:
Joe_Sovereign wrote:These storage units need to be zoned industrial. They are incredibly ugly and a literally dead space for activity.
Yes! Exactly. I think this might me outside city limits. Could that be why this passed?
The city has zoning authority for three miles outside the limits.
admiralArchArch
New to the Neighborhood

Trips wrote:You forgot to mention the storage units under construction on 192nd and Harrison, 192nd and Giles (Expanding existing), 180th and Harrison (North Side), 180th and Harrison (South Side) and 180th and Giles. That is going to be 5 new and 1 expanded facility within 1.2 miles of each other in a residential area.

I am fine with one similar to what they are building on 180th and Harrison (North Side) that is built into the ground. I don't know why they would approve so many special permits when they are so close to each other.

Hopefully Shane Harrington opens Club West Omaha in the area so we get a little variety.
Wow, I didn't think there was that many being built in the area. I can't believe there is that much of a market for them.

Yeah we could really use some vape shops and pawn shops out here while they're at it.
admiralArchArch
New to the Neighborhood

HR Paperstacks wrote:
admiralArchArch wrote:
The city has zoning authority for three miles outside the limits.
Didn't know that, thanks.