Baseball Hall of fame (College)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

OmahaFan
Home Owners Association

Baseball Hall of fame (College)

Post by OmahaFan »

I was reading on KETV that they are looking to build a new facility in Omaha or Douglas county and it would be for College baseball Hall of fame. I was looking at the picture and it looked pretty darn nice! I think it would be a excellent addition to Omaha. It would be apparently Open year round and not just or the CWS.

http://www.ketv.com/article/omaha-could ... e/10160951
buildomaha
Human Relations

Re: Baseball Hall of fame (College)

Post by buildomaha »

Lot B?! :) I think yes
#gohawks
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

buildomaha wrote:Lot B?! :) I think yes
I'll take "Obvious Uses for Lot B for $200 Alex" although the building in the mockup rendering is hideous.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Garrett wrote:
buildomaha wrote:Lot B?! :) I think yes
I'll take "Obvious Uses for Lot B for $200 Alex" although the building in the mockup rendering is hideous.
That mockup is from Lubbock's proposal.

Something interactive like the CBB HOF in KC or the CFB one in ATL would make too much sense in Omaha. Would be a great addition to our tourism catalog.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

And then bring in the MLB Draft.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Coyote wrote:And then bring in the MLB Draft.
I agree, I would like to see the MLB draft held in Omaha each year in conjunction with the CWS.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

Lot B would make sense. I was also thinking maybe having this be the key to the riverfront re-development? I think to draw people down there, you need something very unique and this would fit the bill. Have the Hall of Fame be the centerpiece/cog of a retail/restaurant development. It is something that would be a low-rise which is what's necessary for that piece of land. Let Lot B be built skyward.

I just returned from Atlanta and having this be modeled after the College Football Hall of Fame there would be amazing. However, I would like to see the MLB Draft moved here but maintain being a few weeks away from the CWS. Rather than having everything bunched up into two weeks, lengthen the amount of time those hotel rooms get booked.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Lot B would probably make the most sense.

My first thought was the river front with the river right behind the outfield fences if you had a working baseball field. Not sure if there is enough room back there. It would also serve as an incentive to get the pedestrian bridge expanded to TD Ameritrade Park.

Greg
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Just don't mess this up and lose it to indy or kc or somewhere else. And why does the hq stay in lubbock?
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

As long as it is oriented correctly to capture all the summer wind down by the river and the fences aren't too far out I think we should be okay on the design without people complaining too much.

:fruit:
No posts exist for this topic
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

NEDodger wrote:Lot B would make sense. I was also thinking maybe having this be the key to the riverfront re-development? I think to draw people down there, you need something very unique and this would fit the bill. Have the Hall of Fame be the centerpiece/cog of a retail/restaurant development. It is something that would be a low-rise which is what's necessary for that piece of land. Let Lot B be built skyward.

I just returned from Atlanta and having this be modeled after the College Football Hall of Fame there would be amazing. However, I would like to see the MLB Draft moved here but maintain being a few weeks away from the CWS. Rather than having everything bunched up into two weeks, lengthen the amount of time those hotel rooms get booked.
And throw up a nice big permanent Ferris wheel to add to the image of cws/college baseball in Omaha (;
#gohawks
yman97
Home Owners Association

Post by yman97 »

I think it would be a good use for the old brown building that sits on the corner of 19th and Cuming. Of course, I say that having never been inside or knowing how big they want to make it. It's several blocks away from the stadium but if you could bridge the gap by adding retail, restaurants, bars, and generally make Cuming down to 10th Street more attractive, it might just work.