Parks & Recreation

Re: Papillion Annexations

Post by damonhynes »

Thanks!
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

Coyote wrote:After slight 2017 interior annexations, the City of Papillion looks like this:
image.jpeg
Where did you get the image? Site?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

mcarch wrote:
Coyote wrote:After slight 2017 interior annexations, the City of Papillion looks like this:
image.jpeg
Where did you get the image? Site?
Papillion City Council documents.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

2019 annexation plans

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (193.39 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I love seeing the city limits of Papillion reaching outward more! My whole life, Papillion, La VIsta, and Ralston have always had very limited, smaller city limits centered around 84th St on the Omaha map. There's never been an extensive Omaha suburb with extensive city limits -- except maybe Bellevue, which has a Florida-like shape to their city limits, that seems to never hardly change. Safe within Sarpy County, those cities are not gobbled up by Omaha's standard white city limits, like Douglas County outlying towns are. Finally, we'll see more color on the Omaha metro map.

With these changes, and all the new development filling in farm fields south of West Center and west of 204th, I need to get a new Omaha map soon. Omaha's overall shape is really starting to change.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

And I thought Omaha’s annexation was strange in the past when they use to just touch a section so they could ‘grab’ the next section.
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Uffda wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:27 pm And I thought Omaha’s annexation was strange in the past when they use to just touch a section so they could ‘grab’ the next section.
I assume Papio will close in that crazy crescent moon arm in the upcoming years?
dave1215
Home Owners Association

Post by dave1215 »

Louie wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:17 pm
Uffda wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:27 pm And I thought Omaha’s annexation was strange in the past when they use to just touch a section so they could ‘grab’ the next section.
I assume Papio will close in that crazy crescent moon arm in the upcoming years?
It doesn't appear to be too crazy if you follow their boundary. That long stretch on the north to the west is mostly completed industrial development small tracts and follow their boundary with LaVista. That long leg down just east of 132nd is their Prairie Queen dam site and part of their park system. Then you are at the National Cemetery and then the newer industrial, datacenter and manufacturing along 144th. That crescent moon part then would be the housing that is filling in.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

dave1215 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:58 pm
Louie wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:17 pm
It doesn't appear to be too crazy if you follow their boundary. That long stretch on the north to the west is mostly completed industrial development small tracts and follow their boundary with LaVista. That long leg down just east of 132nd is their Prairie Queen dam site and part of their park system. Then you are at the National Cemetery and then the newer industrial, datacenter and manufacturing along 144th. That crescent moon part then would be the housing that is filling in.
Well, I mean, come on. It's pretty silly looking.
But one would assume they would annex said neighborhoods in the near future.
SunMan
Home Owners Association

Post by SunMan »

They'll annex those neighborhoods when their debt is paid down.