Super Target - 178th and W Center

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

thejdgates
New to the Neighborhood

Super Target - 178th and W Center

Post by thejdgates »

After dinner the other night, my wife and I noticed two enormous tents, and a bunch of shipping containers surrounded by a very tall chain link fence in the parking lot just to the East of the 178th and W Center Super Target.
IMG_7549.jpg
IMG_7549.jpg (96.8 KiB) Viewed 2745 times
It certainly looks construction related, and with the store format changes announced by Target, along with the age of the location, I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing something serious to update the store. (Also, this is my first post after being a longtime viewer. If I did something you're not supposed to do, let me know!)

map7117.jpg
map7117.jpg (76.15 KiB) Viewed 2745 times
thejdgates
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Super Target - 178th and W Center

Post by thejdgates »

Forgot I had a photo from earlier too!
IMG_7175.jpg
IMG_7175.jpg (93.46 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Post is great!!!

Welcome to the Forum!!!!!

I too have seen those tents and been wondering what they are for.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

You sure they aren't selling fireworks there?
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Only a full scale remodel. When 132nd & Maple was remodeled, it took 8 months.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Looks like it is a $400k+ remodel.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Has the Papillion Super Target gotten a remodel yet? If not, I'm kind of surprised. That store still has the mid-90's design from when it originally opened.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Target Reveals Design Elements of Next Generation of Stores
“With our next generation of store design, we’re investing to take the Target shopping experience to the next level by offering more elevated product presentations and a number of time-saving features,” said Cornell. “The new design for this Houston store will provide the vision for the 500 reimagined stores planned for 2018 and 2019, with the goal of taking a customized approach to creating an enhanced shopping experience.”
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube][/youtube]
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

jessep28 wrote:Has the Papillion Super Target gotten a remodel yet? If not, I'm kind of surprised. That store still has the mid-90's design from when it originally opened.
It appears there have been no renovations here since 1996, except for their sprinkler system.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

jessep28 wrote:Has the Papillion Super Target gotten a remodel yet? If not, I'm kind of surprised. That store still has the mid-90's design from when it originally opened.
I hate the location of that store and how it is situated way lower than the main street in front of it.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

RockHarbor wrote:
I hate the location of that store and how it is situated way lower than the main street in front of it.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I agree. Target and the Home Depot are in that low spot. That, plus all the retail in the area centralizing on 72nd St. make it a poor location today. It was probably a good area when the "Golden Mile" in LaVista was busy.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
WBR_Tom
Home Owners Association

Post by WBR_Tom »

Full scale remodel is finally happening at the Papillion Super Target. They’ve been amassing construction equipment along the south end of the store for about six weeks, so today we asked an employee what was up — and they confirmed they’re gutting the store.

Exterior work will begin soon with the goal of being done before Black Friday. Interior work is supposed to begin in early January after the holidays. Only detail he knew about design was that the regional office, currently located on the south end of the building, would move to the middle (the area under the sign) so that they can move pick up orders to the south side. Makes a lot of sense to not have employees crossing traffic all day to bring out orders, especially at a store like this one where they have the space to do something different.

(Sorry mods for hijacking this thread; I didn’t necessarily want to create a new thread.)
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

WBR_Tom wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:49 pm Full scale remodel is finally happening at the Papillion Super Target. They’ve been amassing construction equipment along the south end of the store for about six weeks, so today we asked an employee what was up — and they confirmed they’re gutting the store.

Exterior work will begin soon with the goal of being done before Black Friday. Interior work is supposed to begin in early January after the holidays. Only detail he knew about design was that the regional office, currently located on the south end of the building, would move to the middle (the area under the sign) so that they can move pick up orders to the south side. Makes a lot of sense to not have employees crossing traffic all day to bring out orders, especially at a store like this one where they have the space to do something different.

(Sorry mods for hijacking this thread; I didn’t necessarily want to create a new thread.)

Wasn't this store remodeled in the last couple years? I don't go there a ton but thought it just recently happened. Especially the grocery section.

Greg
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

Greg S wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:13 am
WBR_Tom wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:49 pm Full scale remodel is finally happening at the Papillion Super Target. They’ve been amassing construction equipment along the south end of the store for about six weeks, so today we asked an employee what was up — and they confirmed they’re gutting the store.

Wasn't this store remodeled in the last couple years? I don't go there a ton but thought it just recently happened. Especially the grocery section.

Greg
It's pretty much in the same state as it was when it opened however many years ago.
WBR_Tom
Home Owners Association

Post by WBR_Tom »

Yeah, they did some triage three or four years ago -- removed the mid-90s neon from the walls, gave everything a fresh coat of paint, etc. But it's basically the same as it was when it opened otherwise. It still has the long open-air freezer troughs that most grocers phased out to save energy 20 years ago, for example, and there's still prime front-of-store real estate taken up by a long-since-closed 60-minute photo developing counter.
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

WBR_Tom wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:25 am Yeah, they did some triage three or four years ago -- removed the mid-90s neon from the walls, gave everything a fresh coat of paint, etc. But it's basically the same as it was when it opened otherwise. It still has the long open-air freezer troughs that most grocers phased out to save energy 20 years ago, for example, and there's still prime front-of-store real estate taken up by a long-since-closed 60-minute photo developing counter.
We called those coffin cases back in the day.