Methodist Office Redevelopment - 85th and Dodge

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Methodist Office Redevelopment - 85th and Dodge

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/h ... 016b1.html
After the 160,000-square-foot building is completed in late 2018, the health system’s administrative offices — and the roughly 800 employees currently housed there — will relocate, vacating a spot on the south side of West Dodge Road at 85th Street that the health system has occupied for several decades.

Investors Realty already has listed the 12.3-acre property for sale. The package includes two buildings — a 104,000-square-foot structure at 8511 West Dodge Road and a 50,000-square-foot building at 8601 West Dodge Road.

Tim Kerrigan, the firm’s vice president, said he believes potential buyers may be interested in redeveloping the site with a high-density, mixed-use plan in mind. The mix, he said, could include office space, hospitality, residential, restaurants and service businesses.
MTO
City Council

Re: Methodist Office Redevelopment - 85th and Dodge

Post by MTO »

Aren’t the hospitals getting the land?...
15-17, 26, 32
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

MTO wrote:Aren’t the hospitals getting the land?...
That was the HDR space, which will be taken over by Children's...
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

iamjacobm wrote:The mix, he said, could include office space, hospitality, residential, restaurants and service businesses.
[/quote]

Wouldn't it be poetic justice if the purchaser included a movie theater in the mix?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

On the market for $15 million.

Page 20 of this document shows a conceptual redevelopment site plan.
http://images1.loopnet.com/d2/dM6hZ8jYM ... cument.pdf
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I never realized how much space there is currently underutilized. It’ll be nice to redevelop
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

iamjacobm wrote:On the market for $15 million.

Page 20 of this document shows a conceptual redevelopment site plan.
http://images1.loopnet.com/d2/dM6hZ8jYM ... cument.pdf
Thats a ton considering how bad of condition the interior of the building is in. I know because I work here.
Jim Flowers rules!
jomfa
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jomfa »

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

NP Dodge says it plans to redevelop 8601 Dodge into mixed-use, which could house retail or service businesses and restaurants
What’s the mixed use component of this?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
NP Dodge says it plans to redevelop 8601 Dodge into mixed-use, which could house retail or service businesses and restaurants
What’s the mixed use component of this?
They probably consider combining different types of commercial "mixed-use".
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

I was just told that the half of the 8511 building that runs east-west is going to stay up and be repaired, and the part that runs north-south, and the small part that runs east-west right up front on the frontage road are being demolished.
Jim Flowers rules!
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Silverspoon wrote:I was just told that the half of the 8511 building that runs east-west is going to stay up and be repaired, and the part that runs north-south, and the small part that runs east-west right up front on the frontage road are being demolished.
Really?! All these beautiful buildings in the city get the ax but that one is worth saving?

OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

I've heard that building is basically a massive retaining wall, when factoring the cost of demo/replacing the support, they basically have to stay.
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

I work in the portion that will be torn down, and its disgusting. If anybody ever wants to tour it after hours lmk. You can smell the mold in the air. It was a motel in the 60s, and around the 90s became the dorms for the college, and has been the corporate office for a long time now, but its a true dump.
Jim Flowers rules!
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

My dentist is in the building -- I think it would be described as the east-west "retaining wall" section -- and they've told me it is holding up the building behind it (on Indian Hills). But heck, what do they know, they're dentists!

I still say tear down as much as possible and build the nation's finest movie theater possible with today's technology, at least attempting in part to recreate the Indian Hills. Hopefully there's some profit potential in that.
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

garyomaha wrote:My dentist is in the building -- I think it would be described as the east-west "retaining wall" section -- and they've told me it is holding up the building behind it (on Indian Hills). But heck, what do they know, they're dentists!

I still say tear down as much as possible and build the nation's finest movie theater possible with today's technology, at least attempting in part to recreate the Indian Hills. Hopefully there's some profit potential in that.
Thats the 8601 W Dodge building youre speaking of. It houses Methodist HR and some smaller private practices such as your dentist. That building will stay from what Ive been told also.
Jim Flowers rules!
FirebirdEngineer
Home Owners Association

Post by FirebirdEngineer »

garyomaha wrote:I still say tear down as much as possible and build the nation's finest movie theater possible with today's technology, at least attempting in part to recreate the Indian Hills.
Nothing would bring me more joy than this happening. Learning more about the Cinerama process over the past few years, and finding out how special it was has made me retroactively incensed at Methodist for the |expletive| they pulled to tear down the theater for a damned parking lot.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

I happened on a tweet by Dicon Corp. concerning 8601 W Dodge, the subject of the last few posts on this thread. Apparently, renovations are in the works for this building. Does anyone have any additional information or renderings? Is the renovation inside and out? This is really an eyesore, as is. Hopefully a nice sprucing up will do this corridor some good.

https://twitter.com/DiconCorp/status/11 ... 4484349959
apsteingas
New to the Neighborhood

Post by apsteingas »

Are these still relevant?

ita
County Board

Post by ita »

apsteingas wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:34 am Are these still relevant?

They are, however, that is related to the Children's Hospital expansion, which is under construction.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

ita wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:52 pm I happened on a tweet by Dicon Corp. concerning 8601 W Dodge, the subject of the last few posts on this thread. Apparently, renovations are in the works for this building. Does anyone have any additional information or renderings? Is the renovation inside and out? This is really an eyesore, as is. Hopefully a nice sprucing up will do this corridor some good.

https://twitter.com/DiconCorp/status/11 ... 4484349959
If anyone is interested, there are renderings of the exterior renovations for 8601 W Dodge Rd. on a posting for the site. NP Dodge is marketing it as a mixed use, between retail and office space, with potential standalone restaurant buildings. Space will supposedly be available in 120 days.

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/S2Kt200r ... cument.pdf