Village Pointe (SWC 168 & West Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

Re: Official: Village Point

Post by nebugeater »

The location that has been empty since Panchero's closed at VP will be filled by Fuzzy's Taco Shop.

Opening in Sept per their facebook page

Menu on the web site for the Lincoln location looks interesting. The Lincoln Location is at 1442 O Street

Anyone been there?

https://www.facebook.com/fts.omaha

http://www.fuzzystacoshop.com/
Today, there are 79 Fuzzy’s Taco Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Georgia, Arizona, Louisiana and Nebraska.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

nebugeater wrote:The location that has been empty since Panchero's closed at VP will be filled by Fuzzy's Taco Shop.

Opening in Sept per their facebook page

Menu on the web site for the Lincoln location looks interesting. The Lincoln Location is at 1442 O Street

Anyone been there?

https://www.facebook.com/fts.omaha

http://www.fuzzystacoshop.com/
Today, there are 79 Fuzzy’s Taco Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Georgia, Arizona, Louisiana and Nebraska.
Interesting name for a restaurant
No posts exist for this topic
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Ate at Fuzzy's tonight without any planing to do so. Happens to be in the are and drove by and said why not.

Had the chicken fajita plate. Not bad IMO and for the price it was up there Plenty to eat with three shells, a plate full of Fajita "stuff" and choice of two sides. I will go back.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (132 KiB) Viewed 19960 times
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Apple Village Pointe is 10 years old this weekend.
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

Wish they'd remodel it to their new store design...it's super cool. They are even already doing it at Jordan Creek.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

lmdramos wrote:Wish they'd remodel it to their new store design...it's super cool. They are even already doing it at Jordan Creek.
Jordan Creek Apple Store expanded into the stores on each side of it -- if not open it should be soon. Country Club Plaza Apple Store moved into a larger area and updated..... maybe Village Pointe is next.
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Frankly, I think the Apple Store would be a better fit in Midtown Crossing or AV.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

choke wrote:Frankly, I think the Apple Store would be a better fit in Midtown Crossing or AV.

You may think that but as busy as they always seem to be it looks like there is nothing wrong with their location. No for a second location that may be good choices. 10 years ago when opened your suggestions were not really options if memory on time lines is correct.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

A friend of mine works for Victoria's Secret and she said mall security told them that they had let some people from apple into the empty building to the west of VS - across the 'alley' - some time in the summer.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Apple is slowly going through their retial stores and updateding them to the new scheme and eventuallly they'll get to
VP. One of the changes is a new naming method it should be called  at Village Point. And given their current store is tiny it'll be about 1/3 the size of the DSM location I'd be shocked it they didn't find bigger digs.
15-17, 26, 32
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Uffda wrote:A friend of mine works for Victoria's Secret and she said mall security told them that they had let some people from apple into the empty building to the west of VS - across the 'alley' - some time in the summer.
There has got to be a joke that starts that way too>>>>>>>
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

nebugeater wrote:
Uffda wrote:A friend of mine works for Victoria's Secret and she said mall security told them that they had let some people from apple into the empty building to the west of VS - across the 'alley' - some time in the summer.
There has got to be a joke that starts that way too>>>>>>>
:D
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

MTO wrote:One of the changes is a new naming method it should be called  at Village Point. And given their current store is tiny it'll be about 1/3 the size of the DSM location I'd be shocked it they didn't find bigger digs.
No @ just Apple Village Pointe.

http://www.apple.com/retail/villagepointe/
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Uffda wrote:
MTO wrote:One of the changes is a new naming method it should be called  at Village Point. And given their current store is tiny it'll be about 1/3 the size of the DSM location I'd be shocked it they didn't find bigger digs.
No @ just Apple Village Pointe.

http://www.apple.com/retail/villagepointe/
Yeah my bad I realized that after I posted it but was too lazy to care.
15-17, 26, 32
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

The Ann Taylor store closed and the front is construction boarded up. Not sure if that store is coming back in or something new.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Uffda wrote:The Ann Taylor store closed and the front is construction boarded up. Not sure if that store is coming back in or something new.
If I recall they were moving to a smaller bay somewhere in the mall because the rent was too high...
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Garrett wrote:
Uffda wrote:The Ann Taylor store closed and the front is construction boarded up. Not sure if that store is coming back in or something new.
If I recall they were moving to a smaller bay somewhere in the mall because the rent was too high...
The Ann Taylor store is becoming a Soft Surroundings store.

https://www.softsurroundings.com
njfuchtman
New to the Neighborhood

Post by njfuchtman »

The old Z Gallery/Love Couture store is becoming something. The mall won't tell us other tenants what it is though. The construction is only happening at night, but currently still in the demo phase. Anyone have any ideas??
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

njfuchtman wrote:The old Z Gallery/Love Couture store is becoming something. The mall won't tell us other tenants what it is though. The construction is only happening at night, but currently still in the demo phase. Anyone have any ideas??
Go check out the Apple Store thread in the "Rumors" section.
bfcmoose
New to the Neighborhood

Post by bfcmoose »

Any more info on this? They appear to be making a lot of headway and are even adding on to the back. Whatever this is is going to be a large space and a total overhaul of what was there.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Has anybody heard if they are redoing the VP Cinema so that all of the seats are the recliners like they have at Majestic?

I thought I heard it was going to happen or underway.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Nevermind. Just checked their website and it says the reclincers are coming to all auditoriums.

Confirmed.

Greg
plaidguy
New to the Neighborhood

Post by plaidguy »

Any idea what’s happening in the bays near the Scheels entrance? Think it was an accessories store next to Yankee Candle and Pandora. Plywood up on the outside and renovations are taking place.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

plaidguy wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:35 pm Any idea what’s happening in the bays near the Scheels entrance? Think it was an accessories store next to Yankee Candle and Pandora. Plywood up on the outside and renovations are taking place.
Was this a Lululemon?
thejdgates
New to the Neighborhood

Post by thejdgates »

This was a location of the locally owned Periwinkles. (Now located in Bel Air Plaza)

The management company at Village Pointe usually paints or posters over the plywood unless it’s a very quick turnaround. The actual store space was pretty small and it will be interesting to see which retailer takes over.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I notice that Tradehome Shoes is going into Village Pointe, I'm guessing their store at Oakview is toast. 25k SF build out at $75k
thejdgates
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Official: Village Point(e)

Post by thejdgates »

Soooo here’s a theory. The Cheeseburger in Paradise location at Village Pointe closed a couple of months ago, with paper closed signs in the window. Recently it appears the signs have been removed.

Today, the downtown/Old Market location of LOCAL Beer, Patio and Kitchen just announced on Facebook they were closing the location due to construction and MUD water main breaks so they are moving to Village Pointe soon... seems the Cheeseburger in Paradise site would be a good fit and offers a large existing bar/patio in a good area right across from the movie theatre and near popular spots like Coldstone, Fuzzy’s, Paradise Bakery, and Firebirds. (My only other guess would be taking over the building that has been a bust for every place that gave it a go just West of Firebirds. RIP Mimi’s, Harrington’s, and Strouds.)

Not theory: The Coldstone location appears to be expanding and adding a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, similar to the combo location in the strip mall near Alamo Drafthouse in Papillion. There is a banner over the door of the bay which had originally was the GameStop, then a fresh Olive Oil place (not kidding), and finally the Simple Science Juice Store that recently closed.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Yes, Local will go to the cheeseburger in paradise spot
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Im sad that "CIP" closed... I wonder if they are all closed, or just that particilar one? I guess I could google them. Is that newer Baja Mexican joint still there (at the end of the mall near the theaters)? Loved that place.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

RockHarbor wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:46 pm Im sad that "CIP" closed... I wonder if they are all closed, or just that particilar one? I guess I could google them. Is that newer Baja Mexican joint still there (at the end of the mall near the theaters)? Loved that place.
They all closed but one I believe. The family of restaurants that ran them have other brands other their umbrella.

My daughter had a gift card that was purchased not long before they closed and I contacted them and they said they would refund the card if it was sent it. I did this some time ago and still have not heard back. Glad I kept scans of everything I sent it. Time will tell....
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

RockHarbor wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:46 pm Im sad that "CIP" closed... I wonder if they are all closed, or just that particilar one? I guess I could google them. Is that newer Baja Mexican joint still there (at the end of the mall near the theaters)? Loved that place.
Do you mean Fussy's Taco. They are open. There is a location in Lincoln too that has been there longer. They are a chain.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

nebugeater wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:38 am
Do you mean Fussy's Taco. They are open. There is a location in Lincoln too that has been there longer. They are a chain.
Fuzzy's*
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Scheel's is getting a $1.2m renovation.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:10 am Scheel's is getting a $1.2m renovation.
Didn't they do some remodel in there a couple of years ago?
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

nebugeater wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:38 am
I think that is it (especially the slight correction to "Fuzzy's" rings a belll even more). Its on a corner, so there are some outside tables, I remember. I ate there several times, and even took family/friends there. I think I even talked to the owner once when it first opened -- who is really nice. Me and Baja Mexican food always get along well...
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

Uffda wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:47 pm
They’re moving the coffes bar upstairs so it can be bigger, and doing something with the gift lodge.
#gohawks
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

And you will see two large Omaha photos of mine when the remodel is done!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:00 pm
And you will see two large Omaha photos of mine when the remodel is done!
:thumb:
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Yes they did. What are they doing now?

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

buildomaha wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:26 pm
They’re moving the coffes bar upstairs so it can be bigger, and doing something with the gift lodge.
And now they announce a $500k remodel of their basement.