Village Pointe (SWC 168 & West Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

Village Pointe (SWC 168 & West Dodge)

Post by eomaha »

Scarlet & Cream Letter Club

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46& ... nd=1110414

Summary...

-New Gap prototype store which includes GapKids, babyGap and GapBody, carrying women's lingerie, sleepwear, loungewear, and swimwear.  The Gap store will occupy a newly constructed 20,000 sq
foot building.  Each brand will have separate off-street entrances but all will be connected.  The store will open in November.

-Scarlet & Cream Letter Club, a 7,400 sq foot college sports themed restaurant and sports bar developed by former Huskers Scott Frost, Aaron Taylor, and Aaron Bilyeu (a baseball player). It will occupy the remaining outparcel spot on the southwest corner of Village Pointe behind the theatre and will feature 60 to 70 flat screen televisions.  The restaurant is scheduled to open in November.

-New 20,000 sq foot building will be constructed with first floor retail and second floor office space.
Last edited by eomaha on Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Could this be the "big" sports bar that someone mentioned a week or two ago?

Both the restaurant and Gap store seem to be big wins for VP! Gap is good for a non-women's only clothing store, and the restaurant is place for guys to hang out along with Scheel's while the ladys are shopping!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Excellent!..RED reps will undoubtably be talking about this on the 'Grow Omaha' radio show Saturday morning:

'This Saturday's show is jam-packed. Tune in to get an advance announcement of 5 new retailers at Village Pointe! Learn about the planned Shadow Lake Town Center in Papillion! Find out what retailers are coming to Omaha and why! Grow Omaha airs live Saturday morning at 8:00 on News-Talk 1290 KKAR! '..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
CountOfMC
Library Board

Post by CountOfMC »

Cowboy - You said 5 stores and I only see 2! Shame on you. :P I think the Gap additions will be cool... GAP Body has some good stuff. Any idea what the 2 story building might entail?
God created alcohol to keep the Irish from taking over the world!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Actually they count the 4 Gap concepts as 4 separate stores (which they are) and are conected within a 20,000 square foot frame..So these 4 stores plus the sports bar (Scarlet and Cream Letter Club) make the number actually 5 stores :) ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
sokkerdewd
Home Owners Association

Post by sokkerdewd »

And you forgot about the Banana Republic store also mentioned in the article...so it could be 5 stores and a sports bar.

Omaha World-Herald wrote:
The Gap also owns the Banana Republic brand, which is opening an 8,996-square-foot store in October at Village Pointe. Construction begins this summer.
sokkerdewd
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

If we count Banana Republic, then we'd have 6 (although the Banana Republic store at VP was announced a couple months back) :) ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

They all ready have some thing like that (Scarlet & Cream Letter Club) in DTO called The Max?
15-17, 26, 32
Raraavis
Library Board

Post by Raraavis »

pkiphd wrote:They all ready have some thing like that (Scarlet & Cream Letter Club) in DTO called The Max?

That is very insulting to The Max.
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

Great news for VP. Now that this is full, we can concentrate on our other new retail centers opening up. :D On the new building, definately looks like a Randy Brown. Would this be going on the corner of 168 and Burke (across form mid city bank)?

Off topic, but does anyone know of any plans for buildings in West Village Point? It just dawned on my because of the fact that those off roads are starting to get developed and was wondering if anyone knew whats goin on there?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

OmahaDevelopmentMan wrote:Great news for VP. Now that this is full, we can concentrate on our other new retail centers opening up. :D On the new building, definately looks like a Randy Brown. Would this be going on the corner of 168 and Burke (across form mid city bank)?

Off topic, but does anyone know of any plans for buildings in West Village Point? It just dawned on my because of the fact that those off roads are starting to get developed and was wondering if anyone knew whats goin on there?
FYI-

VP is not fully developed yet..They still have expansion room for 5 more stores in addition to the 20,000 square foot office/retail addition..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Anybody know where the Gap stores are going, and where the two story addition will be located?

Greg
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Lund Company Release wrote: VILLAGE POINTE RETAIL SHOPPING CENTER TO INCLUDE FIRST LETTERMAN SPORTS BAR

Omaha, NE – The Lund Company recently represented the buyer in a $1 million sale transaction that transferred 1.77 acres of land in the Village Pointe Shopping Center to Letterman Sports Facility LLC. The land parcel is located on the southwest corner of 168th & West Dodge Road.

With this purchase, the buyer plans to build a 7,400 square-foot building to be known as the Letterman Sports Bar.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

I predict that that bar is going to be ridiculously successful.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

I'm sure it will, but that building design just doesn't seem too inviting for a restaurant tho....
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Does S&C Letter Club have locations in other states (which would seem odd)? And if so, is this a rendering of a building for one of those locations? Because there sure as heck aren't that many trees out at Village Pointe. I wish, but it's just not so ;) .
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

For anyone who hadn't seen the rendering of the Village Pointe addition...

eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

The Scarlet and Cream Letter Club will break ground this Saturday.

Scott Frost, Aaron Taylor, Rob Zatechka, Jon Zatechka, Matt Hoskinson, Damon Benning and Tony Veland will be on hand for autographs from 11am to 1pm.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2005870

eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

The 4-in-1 Gap store at Village Pointe opened yesterday ... Gap, BodyGap, GapKids, babyGap

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46& ... _rnd=20232
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Fall into the gap
15-17, 26, 32
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

FattAss Gap? :lol:
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

That Gap sucked
15-17, 26, 32
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I see as I drive by this AM that the Letter Club has a "NOW OPEN" sing hanging up. Must have just happend as I was throguh there last weekend and if it was there I didn't notice it. Let us know if anyone get there soon.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I’m pretty sure adam186 has been there we are just waiting for his review. :D
15-17, 26, 32
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

MTO wrote:I’m pretty sure adam186 has been there we are just waiting for his review. :D
Haha, I need to get decked out w/ all of my Husker stuff first, and waive to the stadium as I leave UNL. :lol: But in all honesty, I'll probably be trying next weekend and try it out, should be a good time.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Tuesday July 11, 2006

eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Thanks Brad.

I was somewhat disappointed with the exterior... although I never noticed the player profiles on the west side. It wasn't a bad restaurant overall though... plenty of big plasma displays throughout. We were there during the NC/Oregon State game.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

jhuston wrote:Thanks Brad.

I was somewhat disappointed with the exterior... .
Thats what I thought, the East side is more interesting with the patio.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

The exterior looks almost unfinished, like they forgot something, but nope, thats how they wanted it, which i just do not understand why. To be honest, it looks like |expletive|.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I wouldn't go that far (we ARE looking at the back and side)... but regardless I bet an identical restaurant building would have looked alot better if it was bankrolled by Kyle Korver, eh? ;)
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

I'm a very critical person, especially since I drive by it at least twice a day thanks to an awfully run construction project at 180th and dodge. :D
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

jhuston wrote:I wouldn't go that far (we ARE looking at the back and side)...
Isn't that the front door? Three side all look the same. The east is the only one that is different. It does look like they are still going to add some stuff on the front where the "windows" would be.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I was thinking the side facing the back of the theater had some more 'architectural details'... although I can't recall where I went in at... I know most of the outdoor seating is around the corner.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

It looked so much better in the rendering, wha happen?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

We are looking at the FRONT and side if you consider the front to be the side witht he enterance on. The LETTER CLUB name is over the main enterance. the patio seating is on the side that is not shown and it faces towards teh threater.

jhuston wrote:I wouldn't go that far (we ARE looking at the back and side)... but regardless I bet an identical restaurant building would have looked alot better if it was bankrolled by Kyle Korver, eh? ;)
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

It's hard to make cinderblocks look good in general, unless you're going to cover them with a mural.
Hellenistic Kshatriya
Home Owners Association

Post by Hellenistic Kshatriya »

I've always thought it looked pretty good. VP is getting crazy on weekends now though. I went last Saturday night and there was no parking at all. Glad to see the buisness though.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

We are looking at the FRONT and side if you consider the front to be the side witht he enterance on. The LETTER CLUB name is over the main enterance. the patio seating is on the side that is not shown and it faces towards teh threater.
Well then let's take time to look at the other 'SIDE' of the building. ;)

OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

I will say that outdoor projection screen is a nice touch. Too bad all the play are reruns of the 1995 Fiesta Bowl. :lol:
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Hellenistic Kshatriya wrote:I've always thought it looked pretty good. VP is getting crazy on weekends now though. I went last Saturday night and there was no parking at all. Glad to see the buisness though.
Thats the parking lot to the south of the Funny bone and to the southeast of the movie theatre needs to hae a parking garage with reatail on the lower level so that they can add more stores. :D