One Pacific Place draws another upscale retailer

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

One Pacific Place draws another upscale retailer

Post by eomaha »

Omaha is obviously beginning to attract the attention of the more exclusive retailers. Good acquisition for One Pacific Place. Once again, I think it's more desirable that we have many smaller retail centers with their own niche attractions... than one single mega center.

Cookware chain coming to Omaha

Sur La Table, a specialty cookware chain, comes to the table July 2 when it opens its first store in Nebraska at One Pacific Place at 103rd and Pacific Streets.

This is the 41st store for the Seattle company, which enters an Omaha market that also has upscale specialty kitchenware retailers such as Williams Sonoma at Regency Court and Oak View Mall and Le Gourmet Chef at Westroads Mall.

Company President Reneé Behnke said in a press release that Omaha is a city where people love to cook, whether a simple family dinner or entertaining on the weekends with friends.

"We look forward to welcoming them into our store and sharing our passion and expertise," she said.

Sur La Table carries more than 12,000 products from more than 1,300 vendors worldwide.

The 6,155-square-foot Omaha store features a demonstration kitchen where small classes, product demonstrations and tastings will be held.

Each retail store frequently hosts famous cookbook authors for cooking classes or book signings. Celebrity chefs such as Julia Child, Bobby Flay, Ina Garten, Jacques Pépin, Jamie Oliver and Rachael Ray have appeared at other Sur La Table locations.

The privately held company will employ about 25 full- and part-time workers at the store.

The original Sur La Table was founded in Seattle's historic Pike Place Farmers Market in 1972.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

This is great news for Omaha. Sur la Table is way better than Williams Sonoma. Whenever I visit Denver I make a trip to Cherry Creek's Sur La Table. One Pacific Place will fit them well.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I have never heard of this store, but it is good that Omaha is starting to attract big name retailers. I'm still waiting for the Saks, Nordstrum's and Macy type stores. :)
DTO
Sodak
Home Owners Association

Post by Sodak »

This should be a great fit for One Pacific Place. Lot of good things going on over there. They are also really sprucing up the storefronts by individualizing the store front to the tenant. I think that improves on the whole lifestyle center.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Don't know if anyone noticed... but Rockbrook Village is undergoing a pretty major renovation right now as well... including tying the creek into the center's scenery. They said they will eventually be announcing 10 new merchants as well.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I thought that I read they were going to redo the center square,
yet I still see signs of the Friday Night music. I haven't been to
one there yet, is it still going on?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I'll have to check it out.
They are putting in a new plaza there.
Last edited by Coyote on Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Just drove through Rockbrook and it looks like this new plaza is almost finished.
I thought that they were just adding stores and improving the creek,
but everybuilding is getting a major facelift to follow a new theme.
Pretty impressive.