Coventry (204th between Q and Harrison)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Re: Official: Coventry (204th between Q and Harrison)

Post by Brad »

NovakOmaha wrote:Ok, are they building the new international airport out there or is that plane crashing?

http://www.coventryomaha.com/officeandmedical.html
LOL! Probably the Air-force doing touch and goes at Offutt.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

When I lived on 156th and Harrison growing up, the whatever-135s and E4Bs were never that low when they were flying over my house.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

They are out there working today, grabbed a picture of this cat driving and moving dirt around.

The picture was taken at the roundabout in the southeast corner at the entrance/parking lot area.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

cafereef wrote:They are out there working today, grabbed a picture of this cat driving and moving dirt around.

The picture was taken at the roundabout in the southeast corner at the entrance/parking lot area.
Nice, thanks for posting this!
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

small update, was on my walk today and went past 5808 Coventry Drive and saw that this small lot is staked out. Unsure what for, there are no updates on the DC assessor page, but after doing a google search on the address I see a permit was issued on January 21, 2016. Something is coming, small, but still coming. Looks to potentially be a Verizon Wireless cell phone tower.

Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

I drive by this area every couple days and never really realized there is a nice lake/pond there. ACI and the area would look a lot better from the Highway if they cut down the hill and weeds hiding the water.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

Trips wrote:I drive by this area every couple days and never really realized there is a nice lake/pond there. ACI and the area would look a lot better from the Highway if they cut down the hill and weeds hiding the water.
I agree, from what I have seen from the planning, eventually there will be a sidewalk that goes around the lake, so probably eventually it will be.

Yesterday they were out drilling now there is a base set. Looks like a cell phone tower it is. It's a start I guess.

cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

They have begun clearing tree's just Southeast of ACI's building. I wonder if this means they are going to start the Coventry retail development finally?
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

The development of Coventry at 204th and Q has officially begun. The tree's which were where the movie theater/parking is supposed to be placed have been cleared away. We received this official statement from our facilities director notifying us that our company had been notified by the developer of construction. So over the next two years there will be major changes to the area which will bring more retail, restaurants, bars etc. All 10 years in the making. Will be fun to watch it all come together.

"All - In the next week you will see that they are beginning to do a lot of site work in the Coventry development. Exciting things are going to be happening over the next couple years in the area! J.F. Carter, with the development company, will be making a formal announcement in the coming month about the plans for development. J.F. will share more with us here at ACI after the public announcement goes out.

The project will start with excavation. They will need to remove over 300,000 yards of dirt to make way for the buildings. This means, we are going to experience more truck traffic (mostly south of us) and dust. That is right, over the next 4-5 months, with the movement of all the dirt we will most likely be covered in a blanket of dust. The construction company doing the work has assured me they will bring water trucks out to try and help control the dust but it is inevitable that we will experience some of it.

It has been a long 10 years out here on the hill alone but it looks like that is finally going to be changing. I will send out a formal invite for the announcement when I get a date from the developer.

Regards,
"
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Thanks for that info! I hope you can take pics for us every so often :thumb:
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

One thing I am excited about is all the housing/subdivisions that are going in just north of there, west of 204th, south of West Center. That area really is building up.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Grow Omaha mentioned seeing this thread (without mentioning the website). I was visiting the High Scool there and they mentioned that eventually they will have a joint campus with Metro and possibly sharing classes. Maybe they will reinvent a local Tech school there
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I don't get why "Coventry" is involved in subdivisons, though. What? Do the residents belong to a Coventry HMO, or something? lol That's what I always think when I pull in there.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

My office just had a town hall which had the developer on site. The north end of the development along Q street was annouced that Berlington *spelling* developers are adding a 290 unit class A apartment complex along 207th street up against Q street, the east side of the Q street space will still be medium to large size retail with restaurant spaces.

The exciting part comes in the movie theater side. The owner of the theater company was here, it is the same family owned theater company that owns Aksarben cinema. They will be adding a 12 screen theater up against the pond, that will include smaller screen's that offer diner style movies as well as a large 70' screen with full reclining seats. Currently it will be called ACX Cinema 12. In addition to the theater, on the west side of the theater building will be a 200 seat restaurant that will serve Detroit style Pizza (see link: https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/02/how ... pizza.html). The name of the restaurant will be "Studio 16" named after the iconic Warner Bros studio where lots of famous movies were filmed. They will also have an outdoor seating space for events that will back up to the pond. I spoke with the owner afterwards and asked if they had considered doing outdoor movies with this space. Kind of like Dairy Chef does but with a stir cove kind of vibe. I thought this would be really cool but that was just my 2 cents.

Anyways, I will post more if we hear more. Exciting stuff
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

oh and important tidbit, the theater owner said the completion date at this time is Fall 2019
asherballa
New to the Neighborhood

Post by asherballa »

cafereef wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:31 am My office just had a town hall which had the developer on site. The north end of the development along Q street was annouced that Berlington *spelling* developers are adding a 290 unit class A apartment complex along 207th street up against Q street, the east side of the Q street space will still be medium to large size retail with restaurant spaces.

The exciting part comes in the movie theater side. The owner of the theater company was here, it is the same family owned theater company that owns Aksarben cinema. They will be adding a 12 screen theater up against the pond, that will include smaller screen's that offer diner style movies as well as a large 70' screen with full reclining seats. Currently it will be called ACX Cinema 12. In addition to the theater, on the west side of the theater building will be a 200 seat restaurant that will serve Detroit style Pizza (see link: https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/02/how ... pizza.html). The name of the restaurant will be "Studio 16" named after the iconic Warner Bros studio where lots of famous movies were filmed. They will also have an outdoor seating space for events that will back up to the pond. I spoke with the owner afterwards and asked if they had considered doing outdoor movies with this space. Kind of like Dairy Chef does but with a stir cove kind of vibe. I thought this would be really cool but that was just my 2 cents.

Anyways, I will post more if we hear more. Exciting stuff
Sounds like a great mixed use development. I'm guessing that is *Burlington* Capital Real Estate.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

cafereef wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:31 am In addition to the theater, on the west side of the theater building will be a 200 seat restaurant that will serve Detroit style Pizza (see link: https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/02/how ... pizza.html).
Detroit Style Pizza. Ok. So for the I assume one person that doesn't know I live in metro Detroit I've eaten Detroit style pizza. Come close. I don't want everyone to know. It doesn't suck. It IS boring. Here's the style of Detroit style pizza...on the edges they kind of burn the cheese, AND it's rectangular. Think of Little Caesars but rectangular. Pretty much the same taste. That's it. There are lots of pizza places here, and I'm talking hundreds if not thousands in Michigan that serve this stuff. It's just boring. It isn't bad. Just boring.

There is a small chain called PizzaPapalis that is a lot better. More topping choices and it tastes a lot better. For what it's worth from time to time I miss La Casa. We've taken to making our own at home.

200 seats? Pretty big for glorified Little Caesars.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

cafereef wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:33 am oh and important tidbit, the theater owner said the completion date at this time is Fall 2019
I really appreciate your contributions to the Forum. You have hit the ground running! :D
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Here is the story from the World Herald about the movie theater:

A new 12-screen movie theater is coming to west Omaha — far west Omaha

A new 12-screen movie theater is coming to west Omaha. It would be the farthest west of any movie theater in the metro area.

ACX Cinema 12 is expected to open near 204th and Harrison Streets in the fall of 2019. It will be part of the Coventry development — a 420-acre, $420 million project that began in 2006.

The theater will be run by the locally owned Main Street Theatres, the Barstow family’s chain of screens in Iowa and Nebraska. The chain includes Aksarben Cinema, which opened in Aksarben Village in 2010.

ACX stands for Aksarben Cinema Experience, the premier viewing experience brand the midtown theater created a few years ago.

ACX Cinema is expected to begin construction later this summer and will cost between $15 million and $17 million to build, said J.F. Carter with Omaha's CFM Realty, Coventry’s developer. The 58,000-square-foot theater will be designed by Holland Basham Architects in Omaha and TK Architects in Kansas City.

ACX Cinema will be the 11th commercial theater in the Omaha market when it opens next year.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

skinzfan23 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:45 pm Here is the story from the World Herald about the movie theater:

A new 12-screen movie theater is coming to west Omaha — far west Omaha

A new 12-screen movie theater is coming to west Omaha. It would be the farthest west of any movie theater in the metro area.

ACX Cinema 12 is expected to open near 204th and Harrison Streets in the fall of 2019. It will be part of the Coventry development — a 420-acre, $420 million project that began in 2006.

The theater will be run by the locally owned Main Street Theatres, the Barstow family’s chain of screens in Iowa and Nebraska. The chain includes Aksarben Cinema, which opened in Aksarben Village in 2010.

ACX stands for Aksarben Cinema Experience, the premier viewing experience brand the midtown theater created a few years ago.

ACX Cinema is expected to begin construction later this summer and will cost between $15 million and $17 million to build, said J.F. Carter with Omaha's CFM Realty, Coventry’s developer. The 58,000-square-foot theater will be designed by Holland Basham Architects in Omaha and TK Architects in Kansas City.

ACX Cinema will be the 11th commercial theater in the Omaha market when it opens next year.
Based on what we were given from the developer for details, this picture is a view from the west looking east, the Stage 16 restaurant "west" side will face the ACI office building as the orientation of the theater will be from the southeast to the northwest, backing up to the pond.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

259 homes on 80 acres between 213th and 210th and Harrison stretching north to behind ACI.

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... uly/17.pdf
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The movie theatre is now before the board.
"COUNTRY THEATRES & RESTAURANT - ASSEMBLY - 52,945 SF"
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They ended up putting a Backlot Taphouse there. Same company as Aksarben Cinema.

Older Photo:
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

The apartments here are open. 294 units Named Vantage at Coventry. Wow that was fast! Property website
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Man, that is pretty cookie cutter.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

Anyone know when that ACX Cinema 12+ at 204th & Harrison plans on opening? I know the pandemic threw a wrench into everything, but I figured they'd start showing old movies or something.
Last edited by ChadJK on Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:45 am Anyone know when that ACX Cinema 12+ at 204th & Harrison plans on opening? I know the pandemic through a wrench into everything, but I figured they'd start showing old movies or something.
about 6 - 8 weeks ago there was something said that seemed official. May on their FB page. They were targeting a November open. Of course, the Covid thing makes that a very fluid target. Have not seen anything more recent than this though.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Maybe there is where I saw the Nov target. It is mentioned in this OWH piece

https://omaha.com/entertainment/movies/ ... 1afaa.html
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

I see that Backlot Pizza is open. They slapped up signs all over that end of town about it being opened, but failed to say on the signs WHERE it is. It would also help if they had signage up on 204th telling people where to turn to get to it. Real signage fail there, Backlot.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Aksarban Cinema just posted on their Facebook page that the new location ( ACX12+) is opening this Friday. Tickets can be purchased on line https://www.acxcinemas.com/acx-cinema-1 ... 7mY_KugaPo
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:08 pm Aksarban Cinema just posted on their Facebook page that the new location ( ACX12+) is opening this Friday. Tickets can be purchased on line https://www.acxcinemas.com/acx-cinema-1 ... 7mY_KugaPo
The owner has been posting a lot of photos on his personal FB page. Place looks really nice.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Has anyone been to the ACX 12 to see a movie yet that posts here. I know they have been showing a couple of movies for a few weeks now. I would go but life has gotten in the way. Want to get there but wonder what anyone's experience has been.

I have heard good things posted on Next Door about Backlot, the restaurant, but I nothing else.
Brad
City Council

Re: Coventry (204th between Q and Harrison)

Post by Brad »

HyVee Fresh and Fast gas station going in at Coventry. 20424 GEORGE B LAKE PW. Building is already up.
BIGO88
Home Owners Association

Post by BIGO88 »

It looks like a new Rusty Taco location will be going in the new strip mall here.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:30 pm 2012? Ugh. I hate these completion dates that are scheduled farther into the future than it will take for me to get a carreer, married, a kid or two, and divorced for the first time. I mean if it's going to be what they say it is, how disappointing.
^I posted this in 2006. Man, 2012, so far into the future... We're a decade past that now, and it's hardly progressed.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Looks like Children's Hospital has purchased 10 acres south of the theater.
COVENTRY.jpg
COVENTRY.jpg (222.59 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Brad wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:57 pm Looks like Children's Hospital has purchased 10 acres south of the theater.

COVENTRY.jpg
I'm assuming for some type of basic children's physicians, perhaps some advanced care options (ie, broken bones, etc)? With all of the investment they continue to make at 84th and Dodge I can't see them building a complete hospital elsewhere in Omaha.
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

djc311 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:19 pm
Brad wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:57 pm Looks like Children's Hospital has purchased 10 acres south of the theater.

COVENTRY.jpg
I'm assuming for some type of basic children's physicians, perhaps some advanced care options (ie, broken bones, etc)? With all of the investment they continue to make at 84th and Dodge I can't see them building a complete hospital elsewhere in Omaha.
That's a huge site for something small such as a Doctor's office, Urgent Care, or Small Hospital. I'd think it would be on par to Women's Health on 192nd and Dodge.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

mcarch wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:56 am
djc311 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:19 pm

COVENTRY.jpg
That's a huge site for something small such as a Doctor's office, Urgent Care, or Small Hospital. I'd think it would be on par to Women's Health on 192nd and Dodge.
I’d be surprised if they had the money for a huge new facility considering the last few years
OMA-->CHI-->NYC