Official: Shops of Legacy

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I think this retail center turned out fairly nice... there is a decent mix of interesting (mostly local) tenants.
Last edited by eomaha on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

http://www.omahachocolateco.com/

This is "comming soon" to this area
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I had dinner at Ellada's a while ago - great Greek food!
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

Is this the first phase? I heard there is a lot more to come. This is a rumor I heard ages ago, but the major tenent was to be a major upscale retailer new to the area, I can't remember which it was, maybe sacs or something.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

There is a lot of interesting exterrior features on this building. It also has nice landscaping. We will call it a Unique strip mall.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Apparently the new construction underway on the southeast corner of Legacy is for Rockbrook Camera. I guess this means they are moving from their location across the street from Rockbrook Village.

lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

Yes, I heard the same thing.

It would be confusing, "Hello, this is Rockbrook Camera, at Rockbrook, or did you want Rockbrook Camera at Legacy?" if they kept both locations.

Lonnie
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

I know I have ranted about Rockbrook Camera's customer service in the past, but I'm singing a new tune now. The last few times I've needed a specialty piece of lighting or camera equipment they have been extremely helpfull. A total turn-around from what I have experienced in the past.

With so many online Photography retailers offering more products at next to nothing profit margins, it's great that a little store like Rockbrook can stay in business.

Where is this shopping center located?
"This is America.  It is my God given right to be loudly opinionated on issues I am completely ignorant of."
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

bradley414 wrote:Where is this shopping center located?
From Jeff's (jhuston) last post:

'Apparently the new construction underway on the southeast corner of Legacy is for Rockbrook Camera. I guess this means they are moving from their location across the street from Rockbrook Village.'..

At approx 108th and Center..

..Cao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

bradley414 wrote:Where is this shopping center located?
The Legacy RockBrook Camera (under construction) location is at the SW corner of 168'th and West Center.

Lonnie
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Thanks for the catch lonnie..

I had Rockbrook Village on the mind..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

There is a sign up saying COMMING SOON Rockbrook camera at the new location. Does anyone know for sure that this is a reloaction and not an additional location? I would assume as close as it is and as specific a market it covers that it would be a reloacation but you never know.

There is a Rockbrook Camera still in Lincoln isn't there?
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

I believe it's a second location in Omaha. Their store on 108th was actually built for them, because they were at one time literally inside of Rockbrook Village.

Also, just to the west of that property you guys will notice they've begun surveying and marking for Silt Fencing - this is where the Lifetime Fitness will be going. And wow, you guys need to check that place out, http://www.lifetimefitness.com - they're freakin' huge!

D
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Huh....so it kinda looks like they've scraped their master plan and will sell to whoever will buy the land and put something nice on it? What happened to the parking garages?
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

I noticed today that "Noodles & Company" has closed in the Shops of Legacy.

The 'noodles' fad is fading I guess.

This is a great location, high visibility from 168th and West Center.

Lonnie
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Holy thread revival Batman!!!!!!!!! :lol:
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Noodles really screwed Bear Properties - as a matter of fact, they literally came in on a Monday & had a sign company yanking down all of their signage, removed all of their outdoor dining furnitre, and boxed up all of their product inside.

The story from one of their district mgrs. who I "caught" inside tearing out stuff that day said Noodles owned all of their Omaha & Lincoln stores corporately, and they sold them off as franchises to one guy. He didn't like the Legacy location, and therefore didn't want to buy it. So Noodles just closed it down. They didn't even give Bear Properties the consideration of notifying them a day in advance. They simply called & said come pick up our keys, we're closing! W T F?

In any case, the district mgr. said they might be looking at a spot within 6-12 blocks of here, up to the west of us. What a joke! Obviously, everyone here has noticed that Nothing but Noodles also is "gone". Newman, who owns the 2 Omaha stores, decided to drop their franchise ties, because of cost. I've heard they're much better under the new name.

Although being part of a franchise has its perks, there's a few examples of the "no fun" part of it. I know some other people in Omaha that have territory rights to some very well-established companies, and many locations, and they, too, don't like the way the franchise is taking them...

Anyone want in on the OCC??? :D
loyalomahan
Library Board

Post by loyalomahan »

The noddles place north of West Center has gone through a few name (ownership?) changes as well. I believe it's currently Newman's (sp?) Noodles (presumably unrelated to the actor/salad dressing guy).
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

I guess it was just too quiet to notice, but phase two of The Shops of Legacy is well under way. The steal framing is all up. I found this "pre-leasing brochure" with renderings and a site plan of what they're building...

http://pjmorgan.com/properties/The_Shop ... ase_II.pdf
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

More "main street" strip centers:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Second Shucks Fish House & Oyster Bar to open in Omaha

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10410338
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Omaha seafood-slinger Greg Lindberg plans to open a second location of Shucks Fish House & Oyster Bar — in a new bay in the Shops of Legacy, west of 168th Street and West Center Road — this November.

"We don’t want to make it a chain," Lindberg said Tuesday. "But a lot of our customers live further west, and they have constantly been saying: ‘When are you going to be closer to where we are?’ That’s why we’re doing it."

Unlike the original at 119th and Pacific Streets, this one won’t have an attached Absolutely Fresh Seafood Co. market.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Shucks is a really great little restaurant.  I am glad to hear they are doing well.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Shucks Fish House Oyster Bar Second Location

Post by OmahaChef »

Shucks Fish House Oyster Bar is opening a second location in the Shops at Legacy.  According to their help wanted ads, they plan to open in less than 3 weeks.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

That was in the paper on Aug 19,2008

http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... oyster+bar
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Hmmm...so I guess I need a better handle on the search facility here.   It did not come up for me.  And I am DEFINITELY sticking to east of 72nd!
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

OmahaChef wrote:Hmmm...so I guess I need a better handle on the search facility here.   It did not come up for me.  And I am DEFINITELY sticking to east of 72nd!
I think they were all in the dining notes section of the OWH a week or two ago.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

OmahaChef wrote:Hmmm...so I guess I need a better handle on the search facility here.
Not to start a Spell Cow-esque pissing match, but I've never seen a search feature as useless as the one on this site.
Stable genius.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

I have never had a problem with the search function here. I have always found what I needed provided I spelled it right.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

If they want to further their 'urbanization' efforts over there... they need to build a parking garage.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
joleo
Home Owners Association

Post by joleo »

Grading like crazy between existing shops and lifetime fitness.   The entire area....something significant being added there.   Who knows what it is?   More shops?  Is there a site plan?
mgsports
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mgsports »

Last edited by mgsports on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
byrdrules
Home Owners Association

Post by byrdrules »

That website seems to be for a development in Texas.
lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

That link is for the Shops at Legacy in Plano TX. I used to work very close to there. Much more upscale than anything we have here.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Right website... bad URL.

http://www.theshopsoflegacy.com
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

I heard through the real estate grapevine that it's a new apartment complex...the rumor also included that it would include "section 8 apartments as well".   I heard the same thing about "section 8" in regards to the apartments built off of 108th and Harrison on the east side of cimmaron woods..not sure if either are true, but am sure that the space between the Upstream (west) and Lifetime is for a rather decent sized apartment complex.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

They seem to have begun construction on the apartments.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I live nearby, but only recently realized they were building apartments here.  Kind of sad... really had an opportunity to make something special... but instead, they just plopped a garden variety suburban apartment complex alongside Legacy.  Should have at least taken a design cue from Aksarben Village.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

New websites up. Apparently they are part of a national apartment chain. They're the last nail in the coffin for what was supposed to be a cool new urbanist development.

{Admin edit - URL Link removed by request of cproperties.com}