Official: Shops of Legacy

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

[quote="TitosBuritoBarn"]New websites up. Apparently they are part of a national apartment chain. They're the last nail in the coffin for what was supposed to be a cool new urbanist development.

{Admin edit - URL Link removed by request of cproperties.com}

I'm not trying to start another pointless urban vs. suburban argument, but I've never really understood the appeal of these kinds of developments.  I always think of the sad, bland setting of Office Space or Primer when I drive by them.  They generally have nothing but parking around them, and are (often deliberately) isolated from the surrounding community.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Here's what it was supposed to be when it was first envisioned back in 2002 or whenever it was. I guess new urbanist isn't quite accurate, but, except for the large single family homes, the street layout, and the office buildings that front Center, not a single element of the plan made it to the final product.

http://leoadaly.com/images/pdfs/MPL-002 ... K1-W30.pdf
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Had Dinner at Roja's last night and sat that Rocket Fizz next door was closed and the signs where down on the exterior of the building.  The Rocket Fizz Web site still shows Omaha as a location but there is nothing saying that is up to date.  Anyone know of a relocation?  There is nothing in the windows of the closed store.

The Corp web shows two locations in Lincoln.  Anyone know if they are still open?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
bfcmoose
New to the Neighborhood

Legacy Shopping Area

Post by bfcmoose »

They have dug a large whole behind the shops at legacy, is this going to be more apartments or I am hoping additional shopping.

Anyone know whats going on there?
Brad
City Council

Re: Legacy Shopping Area

Post by Brad »

bfcmoose wrote:They have dug a large whole behind the shops at legacy, is this going to be more apartments or I am hoping additional shopping.

They are mixed use apartments (As opposed to the traditional apartments next door.  These have underground parking and ground level retail.
bfcmoose
New to the Neighborhood

Post by bfcmoose »

Brad wrote:
bfcmoose wrote:They have dug a large whole behind the shops at legacy, is this going to be more apartments or I am hoping additional shopping.

They are mixed use apartments (As opposed to the traditional apartments next door.  These have underground parking and ground level retail.
Any commitments for the retail yet?
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Brad wrote:

WOW. Mixed use that far west?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bfcmoose wrote:Any commitments for the retail yet?
Not sure.  Only thing I know is that they applied for a building permit.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

At least it isn't a Discount Tire.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

There are 3 large elevator shafts in what I assume is the same plot. Any more details on this thing?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Axel wrote:There are 3 large elevator shafts in what I assume is the same plot. Any more details on this thing?
They are mixed use apartments (As opposed to the traditional apartments next door).  These have underground parking and ground level retail, with apartments on the top.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Quite the big development. Do suburban apartments normally have elevators? And I estimate that they could be as tall as 5 stories, more likely around 4 though.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Axel wrote:Quite the big development. Do suburban apartments normally have elevators? And I estimate that they could be as tall as 5 stories, more likely around 4 though.
I could be wrong, but I think anything over 3 need elevators.

Its 5, Garage, Retail, and three retail floors, but the garage is under ground.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Apparently Wake-N-Skate was raided today. Police, FBI, DEA, Etc...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:Apparently Wake-N-Skate was raided today. Police, FBI, DEA, Etc...

Not much more info here.

Read all they have at the link.
http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/aut ... swatch%2B7

Several law enforcement agencies served a warrant on a popular skate shop in west Omaha on Wednesday night.

Members of the Omaha Gang Unit, Drug Enforcement Agency and Douglas County Sheriff's Office served a warrant at Wake-N-Skate Boardhouse near 168th Street and West Center Road.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Prosecutors said a raid Wednesday night at a west Omaha skate shop resulted in the discovery of 18 pounds of marijuana.
Link ... http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/ska ... z2mls9q3K8
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Pot? Really? They raided a business for 18 pounds of pot?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Pot? Really? They raided a business for 18 pounds of pot?
The owner of the business had been arrested earlier in the day and pleaded no contest to possession even before they did the raid.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Ah, that makes more sense.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Am I the only one unsurprised by the fact that a place called "Wake'N'Skate" had 18lbs of pot on the premisis?
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Seth wrote:Am I the only one unsurprised by the fact that a place called "Wake'N'Skate" had 18lbs of pot on the premisis?
Eh, not really.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Bake'N'Skate.
Coyote
City Council

Re:

Post by Coyote »

August 2012 - Seth wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:New websites up. Apparently they are part of a national apartment chain. They're the last nail in the coffin for what was supposed to be a cool new urbanist development.

{Admin edit - URL Link removed by request of cproperties.com}
I'm not trying to start another pointless urban vs. suburban argument, but I've never really understood the appeal of these kinds of developments.  I always think of the sad, bland setting of Office Space or Primer when I drive by them.  They generally have nothing but parking around them, and are (often deliberately) isolated from the surrounding community.
Apparently they are embarrassed by this attention.
Brad
City Council

Re: Official: Shops of Legacy

Post by Brad »

Is a link copyrighted? I didn't think it was?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The alternative solution for us would be to submit a link
disavowal request to Google, which is something that may negatively impact Google’s
perception of your site.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

That doesn't say if its copyrighted or not, that just is what they want you to do. I am about 99.9999% sure they are not copyrighted material.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I am sure those who want to find the link can find it as easily as it was posted. We wouldn't want a big bad company like SPRINGS APARTMENTS trying to target a public forum site for no legitimate reason.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

Wow looking at the apartment ratings from multiple sites, it looks like they range from 30%-60%. I would have thought they would have had better reviews.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Wonder if it's the price. Studio apartments start at just over $700...

The Bride
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Coyote wrote:
The alternative solution for us would be to submit a link
disavowal request to Google, which is something that may negatively impact Google’s
perception of your site.
Whoever sent you that is full of sh*t. Disavowaling a link would only possibly help their site, not negatively impact this one. There's really nothing they can do about people posting links in a forum like this.
Google wrote:PageRank is Google’s opinion of the importance of a page based on the incoming links from other sites. (PageRank is an important signal, but it’s one of more than 200 that we use to determine relevancy.) In general, a link from a site is regarded as a vote for the quality of your site.

Google works very hard to make sure that actions on third-party sites do not negatively affect a website. In some circumstances, incoming links can affect Google’s opinion of a page or site. For example, you or a search engine optimizer (SEO) you’ve hired may have built bad links to your site via paid links or other link schemes that violate our quality guidelines. First and foremost, we recommend that you remove as many spammy or low-quality links from the web as possible.

If you’ve done as much work as you can to remove spammy or low-quality links from the web, and are unable to make further progress on getting the links taken down, you can disavow the remaining links. In other words, you can ask Google not to take certain links into account when assessing your site.

This is an advanced feature and should only be used with caution. If used incorrectly, this feature can potentially harm your site’s performance in Google’s search results. We recommend that you disavow backlinks only if you believe you have a considerable number of spammy, artificial, or low-quality links pointing to your site, and if you are confident that the links are causing issues for you. In most cases, Google can assess which links to trust without additional guidance, so most normal or typical sites will not need to use this tool.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Links can't be copyrighted. Having a website on the open internet like that means anyone can link it if they want to. This is probably one of the pettiest things I have ever witnessed, and really makes me question this company if a year and a half old semi-negative post bothers them that much. I mean, |expletive|! Who are these people, the Chinese State Council?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Garrett wrote:Links can't be copyrighted. Having a website on the open internet like that means anyone can link it if they want to. This is probably one of the pettiest things I have ever witnessed, and really makes me question this company if a year and a half old semi-negative post bothers them that much. I mean, |expletive|! Who are these people, the Chinese State Council?
Obviously not very confident in their product if that is the case. The funniest thing is that they made more negative impressions by that move than by leaving the post alone.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Wouldn't that be like copy-writing you phone number or address???
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Wow, I never expected I'd be the cause of so much commotion, lol!

If they're struggling with bad reviews from apartment websites, it sounds like they may have more to worry about than a web forum linking to their website in a philosophically critical post.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Offline edition?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Link went offline. Plus it was quicker than photoshopping one of those union "Shame On..." protest banners
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Also, nobody even think about searching for cache:http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1930 in Google.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

jessep28 wrote:Also, nobody even think about searching for cache:http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1930 in Google.
They'd better get on google about that. The last thing google wants is their site to be perceived negatively by google.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Better not contact us about that one...