Tranquility Commons (SWC 120th & Fort St)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Tranquility Commons (SWC 120th & Fort St)

Post by Brad »

Mullhalls has plans to develop their property at 120 and Fort Street.

It was the top story on the KPTM 9pm news, I am looking for the online story right now.
Last edited by Brad on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Re: Tranquility Commons (120TH & Fort St)

Post by Brad »

Neighbors Unhappy About Mulhall's Expansion

http://www.kptm.com/news/local/1709567.html
But neighbors in Roanoke Estates think the development will remove the peacefulness of their community.
Its not like they are building a racetrack or airport!
BFarrell
New to the Neighborhood

Post by BFarrell »

I think this development will turn out great and once neighbors see how tastefully landscaped it will be they may change thier negative tones towards Mulhall's. I like how the article states "neighbors say to stay off THIER turf"
hmmm last time I checked that land was owned by Mulhall's, I dont see Mulhalls going to the neighbors them telling them what to do with thier back yards. Just a rant, check out this rendering...

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Another great find Bfarrell. Thanks for posting!
This looks like an interesting project for that corner.
BFarrell
New to the Neighborhood

Post by BFarrell »

The lake will have three fountains, as well as a walking trail around it. There is a plaza area in the retail strips that will have the opportunity for outdoor seating facing the pond/open area.
There are plans for 100,000 sq ft of office around the lake and grading should start this summer with the retail sites becoming available in summer of 2007
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Monday 5-29-2006

They are bringing all the dirt from 120th and Dodge to this site.

Image Links Broken
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

OPlaya wrote:
w8ing wrote:It needs to be widened all the way to Maple.  Traffic is going to continue to build.
I wish they would do that also.
Your wish has been granted!  City council approved it.  New 4 lane road and new bridge.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

New business park will reflect land's leafy past

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... d=10200716
Land used for 20 years to grow trees for Mulhall's Nursery now is sprouting a new northwest Omaha development called Roanoke Business Park.

But the 30 acres between 118th and 120th Streets south of Fort Street still will have a variety of trees.

Not only do Omaha By Design zoning regulations call for more landscaping and green spaces, so do the project's developers, Mulhall's Nursery owners, brothers Dan and Sean Mulhall.

"One of the things I'm enjoying just from a nursery/landscaping perspective is just the diversity of planting we're doing," Dan Mulhall said. "We're using different varieties of oaks, Kentucky coffee tree, a lot of hybrid elms, looking at sycamore, linden, some maple.

"Everything is set back off the street. When you drive by, you will see a lot of hills or knolls. We just think that will give a lot of interest."

Grading of the property began about a year and a half ago, and construction of the first building is under way. The 16,640-square-foot retail building will have 10 bays and is expected to be completed by late December, or in March if weather slows construction, Mulhall said.

It will face the project's centerpiece, a 3-acre lake with fountains - about the size of the One Pacific Place pond, Mulhall said.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update, the first building is going up:

Broken Photo Links

Rendering from Investors: Reality
a42887
Home Owners Association

Post by a42887 »

Here's a few other angles I grabbed when going by:

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I don't think that this has been mentioned:
Owners of the large northwest Omaha nursery have purchased 75.5 acres near Gretna where they initially will grow nursery stock.  Sometime in the future, they plan to open a new retail garden center there.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I saw a sign this morning for the "Loose Moose Bar and Grill" on the building that faces 120th street and close to Fort. Didn't look like it was open yet.
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

Uffda wrote:I saw a sign this morning for the "Loose Moose Bar and Grill" on the building that faces 120th street and close to Fort. Didn't look like it was open yet.
I noticed that too, however I don't think its any near open.
where the corn meets the concrete
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Had a business get together in the Loose Moose tonight. The place is huge inside. Beer happy hour prices werent bad and the beef brisket sandwich I had was good.

The place was very busy beyond the large group I was with. When I left at 645 the parking lot was full and there were cars parked along both entry driveways.
Brad
City Council

Re: Roanoke Business Park (Mullhalls development)

Post by Brad »

Scuba Steve from Hit That Dive posted a sign saying the Loose Moose is closed for "reorganization".
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Got to be a story there. That place always seems to have a good to great crowd.

Greg
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Brad wrote:Scuba Steve from Hit That Dive posted a sign saying the Loose Moose is closed for "reorganization".
For what it's worth, I had a lady that I worked with that was a waitress there a few years back. She said that the owner had a bit of a gambling problem.

It looks like their Facebook page is gone. Their Twitter is still there. I was on their Facebook feed, which was more active than the Twitter one. The current Google Cache for the Facebook one is from Sunday, and shows no indication of any closure.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Had a Facebook friend posts that the band that was suppose to be there this Friday got a call and was told the bar is closed.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I heard heard he had some tax issues.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

That did not take long. According to the liquor license they paid $600k for it late last year. They stated $1.9 million for sales for 2013 (The year was almost over so that had to be close). They also list rent as $12,000 per month.

I am not sure how old the owners were but they had MIP's in 2006. That would make them at most 29.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Northwest Omaha bar closes its doors

OWH does its crack investigation work...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:Northwest Omaha bar closes its doors

OWH does its crack investigation work...

At least it seems to be accurate.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

We didn't post a photo of the place edited in MS Paint for them to use, so the OWH had to go with limited information.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

A friend of a friend... knows someone who was on the band that played there last weekend. The check that they were paid by had payment stopped on it. At this point I don't see a reorganization unless its new ownership.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bbinks wrote:A friend of a friend...   knows someone who was on the band that played there last weekend.   The check that they were paid by had payment stopped on it.    At this point I don't see a reorganization unless its new ownership.
Dennis that owned "Bourbon Street" back in the day always said that bands "take you lunch money every day of the week".
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Given the HellCreek drainage as well as the spring that feeds the creek that flows through Deerridge into Meadow Lane and Lamp Park, don't you think they have done a pretty good job making efficient use of the land with respect to their neighbors' concerns about the loss of green space and the increased noise, as well as the unavoidable water features?

I see myself walking over there once stores open. If they were to put a Kosher deli or store there, they would be inside the wire of the Air Roof and would be likely to get business from the Orthodox Jewish community in the neighborhood.

It is a little more spread out than I imagined it would be, but we still don't have the mosque or the interfaith center built, and the Episcopal church is still floundering in trying to fund their church building. Once these are built in their ironic and (I'm certain) unintentionally funny locations (all three religions located on the banks of heckCreek), we may have a more walkable area or at least one that seems less open.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

bigredmed wrote:Given the HellCreek drainage as well as the spring that feeds the creek that flows through Deerridge into Meadow Lane and Lamp Park, don't you think they have done a pretty good job making efficient use of the land with respect to their neighbors' concerns about the loss of green space and the increased noise, as well as the unavoidable water features?

I see myself walking over there once stores open.  If they were to put a Kosher deli or store there, they would be inside the wire of the Air Roof and would be likely to get business from the Orthodox Jewish community in the neighborhood.

It is a little more spread out than I imagined it would be, but we still don't have the mosque or the interfaith center built, and the Episcopal church is still floundering in trying to fund their church building.   Once these are built in their ironic and (I'm certain) unintentionally funny locations (all three religions located on the banks of heckCreek), we may have a more walkable area or at least one that seems less open.

What stores are you talking about? Are we still talking about the Mulhall's development near Loose Moose?

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Sounds more like Sterling Ridge than Roanoke.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

OK that would make sense.

Greg
ZaEry
New to the Neighborhood

Post by ZaEry »

Once this development is complete, they might have to install stop lights on 118th & Fort and 120th & Roanoke.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Mulhall"s phase 2 is about to begin, $160k renovations.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Re: Roanoke Business Park (Mulhall's development)

Post by bbinks »

Perhaps they can find a decent restaurant to occupy the former Saints/ Loose Moose bay.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

It's been a while since something was built here, but there is a apartment complex planned for the southern portion of this business park. 237 units, buildings with garages, and a ton of parking.

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... une/24.pdf
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Added to Apartment Index Page and Omaha Apartment Map as Roanoke Apartments - Mulhalls. 118th & Roanoke Blvd., Omaha, NE 68164
237 Total units, 39 studio, 127 one-bedroom, 71 Two-Bedroom. 5 buildings.

Last edited by U R my Helix on Tue May 10, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Mods, small spelling correction. I believe it is Mulhall's one L at the front.
Jins123
Home Owners Association

Post by Jins123 »

Not sure if this the right spot to post, but Boondockers is closing. It’s been there forever. Before the suburb infill and everything
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Jins123 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:46 pm Not sure if this the right spot to post, but Boondockers is closing. It’s been there forever. Before the suburb infill and everything
Yes, its fine here. If the lot doesn't become part of Roanoke Business Park, we can split it off later.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Christmas Opening
Oct 6th, Thu at 5:00PM - 8:00PM
Mulhall's
3615 North 120th Street

Join us for an evening of live music, food, complimentary wine, and a first look at Christmas!

Join us for an evening of live music, food, complimentary wine, and a first look at Christmas for Mulhall's Members! Stepping into another beautiful holiday season, you won’t want to miss what’s new for 2022, including exciting collaborations and hundreds of novel, handmade glass ornaments added to The Ornament Shop. Enjoy music by local singer-songwriter Aly Peeler. Grab a bite to eat with food by Au Courant and desserts by The Bubbly Tart. Check out our new Winterberry candle, made just for us by our friends at Wax Buffalo, and experience their mobile Candle Lab, while you learn about their process first-hand. Browse thousands of styles of ornaments and nearly a dozen inspiring collections, carefully curated by our holiday team. And do a little early gift shopping with our complimentary gift-wrap station and custom gift tags by lettering artist Sarah Kramper. Whatever your holiday style, come find new inspiration to celebrate this Christmas season! And if you’re not a Mulhall’s Member yet, it’s easy to sign up, and there’s no cost. Just give us a call at 402-496-0700 or sign up at the door.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Creating a Backyard Bird Habitat
Oct. 15th, Sat at 10:00AM - 11:00AM
Mulhall's
3615 North 120th Street

Make your landscape a bird haven with the plants and other resources birds love most!

In this seminar, led by Jason “the Birdnerd” St. Sauver of Spring Creek Prairie Audubon Center, discover which plants can help you draw the most birds into your backyard space – in greater number and diversity.

Whether it’s the berries, seeds, shelter, or other critical resources that many birds need to survive, Jason will offer lots of great ideas for choosing the most bird-friendly plants to match your unique planting goals. And he’ll discuss practical tips for using feeders, birdbaths, and other elements to make your landscape an even more welcoming place for birds to visit and make their home.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ary/16.pdf
Planning Board Documents wrote:PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
The proposed development is located at the northwest corner of 120th Street and Roanoke
Boulevard, legally described as Roanoke Business Park Lot 3. The undeveloped 3.317-acre lot
is within the Roanoke Business Park Mixed Use District, surrounded by existing commercial and
vacant fast-food lots to the east; vacant commercial lot to the north; existing Tennis Club and
Soccer Center to the south; and existing Mulhall’s Landscape facility to the west.
The proposal is to develop Lot 3 with an indoor/outdoor entertainment complex, featuring a
14,000-square-foot casual restaurant and sports bar, an 11,000-square-foot facility with four
indoor pickleball courts, four outdoor pickeball courts, a variety of yard games, and outdoor
seating. The proposal includes a surface parking lot with 35 stalls on the south side of the
complex; and 46 diagonal parking stalls to the west along Street A, extending north-south through
the lot.