Cheesecake Factory - Westroads

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

papiostud wrote:Do they still have plans of moving the Food court to the old Younkers building?
Good question..This coming Saturday, I believe that Jeff Beals/Trenton Magid, hosts of the Grow Omaha radio show which airs at 8AM on 1290 KKAR, will have Jim Sadler of General Growth Properties who is General Manager of Westroads Mall on as a guest. We may find out some info on that this Saturday..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Monday 5-29-2006

Last edited by Brad on Mon May 29, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

K great now that we got that out of the way let's work on the Grand Lux next to the QCO.
15-17, 26, 32
Ahrabe

Post by Ahrabe »

I was sent this link because my name was used in the forum. I'm the markeing manager for Westroads Mall and thought I'd just let you know that construction on cheesecake will begin within the next week. Build out is 100-120 days so Cheesecake should be open by late Sept./early October. Granite City will also be opening in the northwest parking lot in October. Glad to see so much interest in the restaurants.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Thanks for the inside scoop Ahrabe, and welcome to the forum. :)
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

And I hope you stick around.
15-17, 26, 32
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Excellent Ahrabe!..

Thanks for the info and keep us posted on all that is going on at Westroads from time to time..

And again, welcome to the forum..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

And as always..

Thanks for the pic update Brad..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The parkig lot is gone!
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Yeah good to see they aren't messing around, when they said begin work now they meant NOW!!! :lol: The concrete is all busted out, we'll be eating $7 slices of cheesecake before you know it. :lol:
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Jeff Beals piece on Omaha developments including the new Omaha Cheesecake Factory from last week's Omaha City Weekly:

'The Cheesecake Factory

After a long wait, the nation’s most popular restaurant chain is coming to Omaha. An official from General Growth Properties, the real estate investment trust which owns Westroads Mall, confirmed that the Cheesecake Factory has signed a lease for a free-standing restaurant to be located in the Westroads parking lot. The 10,300 square foot building, facing West Dodge Road, will be immediately east of P.F. Chang’s.

Construction will begin immediately and will progress at a rapid pace. The Cheesecake Factory wants to open its Omaha store by November 1.'..

The complete story link:

http://www.omahacityweekly.com/article.php?id=1053

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:After a long wait, the nation’s most popular restaurant chain is coming to Omaha. . .
The most popular in the country? I did not know that....
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

icejammer wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:After a long wait, the nation’s most popular restaurant chain is coming to Omaha. . .
The most popular in the country? I did not know that....
Not counting Taco Bell, of course :-)
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

FYI-

Jim Sadler of General Growth Properties who is General Manager of Westroads Mall will be a guest on the Grow Omaha radio show on Saturday June 10th..Not this upcoming Saturday..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Raraavis
Library Board

Post by Raraavis »

Raraavis wrote:A friend of mine who is a manager at the Westroads said it is a done deal. It will be built in a standalone building near PF Chang's.
That's from June 2004 baby. Do I win a prize for being the first one to report the actual location.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

An interesting story about Cheesecake Factory setting mainstream American dining trends from TIME magazine:

'Is America ready for the melted anchovy? That's the question on the table this afternoon in the gleaming research and development kitchen of the Cheesecake Factory in Calabasas Hills, Calif. Karl Matz, 31, a former chef at Spago with the earnest good looks of an Eagle Scout, has reluctantly removed the salty little fish from his pasta puttanesca, traditionally made with tomatoes, anchovies, olives, capers and dried red chilis, and sets plates of rigatoni cloaked in the sauce onto a black-marble counter. David Overton, Cheesecake's founder, CEO and ultimate tasting authority, picks up one of the half a dozen forks arrayed for this tasting session and takes a bite.

The evolving menus do more than just keep customers coming back. (With more than $1 billion in sales from 105 restaurants in 2005, the Cheesecake Factory is by far the most productive "casual-dining" chain in the country, generating $970 for every square foot of restaurant space.) Like an annual family portrait, every new Cheesecake Factory menu holds up a mirror to the American palate, revealing how it has grown and changed. When Vietnamese summer rolls appear alongside buffalo wings, "it shows the customers that those items are mainstream," says Karen Cathey, incoming chair of the American Institute of Wine and Food. "They've modernized American food," says Clark Wolf, a food and restaurant consultant, and the chain's national reach gives every new dish leverage over millions of American taste buds. With its kitchen-sink menu and gargantuan portions, the Cheesecake Factory is big-tent cuisine at its most expansive. It is a restaurant where everything is included but nothing is authentic, and it is changing the way we think about American food.'

The complete TIME magazine story link:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/print ... 58,00.html

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Well, I drove by the Cheescake Factory site this past Wednesday and they are moving earth fast..It looks like they will be ready soon to lay the foundation..This looks to be a large restaurant..The opening date is set for the end of October..

Perhaps when our roving Omaha photographer Brad gets some time, he can snap us some pics..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:Well, I drove by the Cheescake Factory site this past Wednesday and they are moving earth fast..It looks like they will be ready soon to lay the foundation..This looks to be a large restaurant..The opening date is set for the end of October..

Perhaps when our roving Omaha photographer Brad gets some time, he can snap us some pics..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
I am just getting ready to post some pictures from this afternoon and I was going to take a few more on the way to work tonight, I will add it to the list, along with granite city.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Outstanding!..

I really appreciate it Brad..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

However I won't get home from work until about 2:30 am and have to work at my "Real" job at 8 am so I won't post them until monday. :cry:
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

That's cool..

Anticipation is half the fun :) ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Sunday July 9, 2006

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad you were seemingly all over town on Sunday..

As you can see from the 1st pick, it looks like the foundation is about to be layed..

Thanks again for the pics..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They are putting up the steel frame!
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Hooray Cheescake! Any pics?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Im sure Brad will be all over this one soon with some updated pics..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Add Boise Idaho and Hartford CT on the list of Cheesecake Factory restaurants opening in the 2nd half of 2006 (along with Omaha, Oklahoma City, Buffalo NY, Albany NY, Lake Grove NY, Dayton OH, Milwaukee, Fairfax VA, Pleasanton CA, and Chula Vista CA)..

From the Cheesecake Factory 2nd quarter report released 7/18/06:

'The Company met its second quarter new restaurant opening target with the opening of The Cheesecake Factory restaurants in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, and Huntington Beach, California, and reiterated its new restaurant opening target for fiscal 2006 of as many as 21 new restaurants, including two to three Grand Lux Cafes. Consistent with prior years, the majority of the new restaurant openings will occur in the second half of the year.'..

The complete report link:

http://investors.thecheesecakefactory.c ... highlight=

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Tuesday 7-25-2006

eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Well it certainly looks like it will be a sturdy Cheesecake Factory.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

It's about time. I've been telling people who work in the mall that it was coming for over a year now. I should go collect all those bets. Mwahahahahaaahaa
15-17, 26, 32
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Oh so this is where all the Slowdown steel went? :)
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

It was diverted for a good cause huh. Wait did I say that.
15-17, 26, 32
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

yeah, I like over priced food more than music and movies too.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Excellent pic update as usual Brad..

As we've previously noted, they are moving quickly on the Cheesecake Factory construction as the open date is set for Oct 31st..From the look of things, perhaps even sooner than that..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

As of Today at 6:30

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Thanks for your Photos Adam186! This is coming along faster than I thought.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I took pictures last weekend but never posted them. Josh pointed out that they already have some framing for a sign on the south side of the building.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Yeah and now thats already been covered with the styrofoam sheeting, but the wiring for the sign you can see sticking out. It's going to be a pretty big sign from this size of the base they put on the steel framing. :)
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Thanks for the pic update Adam..

I'm telling you, this place looks like it will open 1 month earlier than it's Oct 31 projected date..But another thing to consider is the hiring process has yet to start. And this Cheesecake Factory will employ some 230 workers..So it's possible the October 31st opening date is pretty accurate..

We shall see..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

8-24-2006