Sorenson Park Plaza

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Re: Sorenson Park Plaza

Post by Coyote »

choke wrote:
Coyote wrote:I think the Applebee's in Sorensen has closed its doors.
Those doors have been closed now for over a year.
I don't get up there too often.
Uffda recently asked me about 87th & Sorensen and I presumed he meant 60th.
All Star Storage is building there...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:
choke wrote:
Coyote wrote:I think the Applebee's in Sorensen has closed its doors.
Those doors have been closed now for over a year.
I don't get up there too often.
Uffda recently asked me about 87th & Sorensen and I presumed he meant 60th.
All Star Storage is building there...
LOL. Yeah there's not much in my neighborhood except the stores closing. Shopkeepers , gordmans and there is a rumor going around that the Bakers on N 90th is closing also. Although some say it will be remodeled.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Across 72nd St. north of Walgreens and Sherwin Williams will be a 3077 sq. ft. ATI Physical Therapy building.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:Across 72nd St. north of Walgreens and Sherwin Williams will be a 3077 sq. ft. ATI Physical Therapy building.
Between Sherwin williams and the FCU or north of the Heartland Area FCU

https://www.google.com/maps/place/N+72n ... 96.0239615
Padre
Human Relations

Post by Padre »

There are a couple of signs on the old Applebees in Sorenson that say "Coming soon, Fajitas Bar and Grill." There was a website listed, but it doesn't seem to be working yet unless I misread it.

fajitasbarandgrill.com
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Padre wrote:There are a couple of signs on the old Applebees in Sorenson that say "Coming soon, Fajitas Bar and Grill." There was a website listed, but it doesn't seem to be working yet unless I misread it.

fajitasbarandgrill.com
I wish them luck. I know a guy who used to manage for Applebee's. Not the best clientele and hard to staff that location. I'd place some odds that the same was the demise of Golden Corral.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I would like to see the places over there make it. We used to live at 78th and Crown Point and that area was lacking in some of the things Sorenson Park Plaza provides.

How's the movie theater over there doing? Never seems to be much traffic around it when I drive by.

Greg
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

bbinks wrote: I wish them luck. I know a guy who used to manage for Applebee's. Not the best clientele and hard to staff that location. I'd place some odds that the same was the demise of Golden Corral.
I drive by that area a couple of times a week but don't really pay attention but that Golden Corral is still listed on the website as being open.
Ebburkrevus
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Ebburkrevus »

Greg S wrote:I would like to see the places over there make it. We used to live at 78th and Crown Point and that area was lacking in some of the things Sorenson Park Plaza provides.

How's the movie theater over there doing? Never seems to be much traffic around it when I drive by.

Greg

Every time I drive by the theater and the few times I've went to a movie there over the last few years the place is pretty dead.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

Uffda wrote:
bbinks wrote: I wish them luck. I know a guy who used to manage for Applebee's. Not the best clientele and hard to staff that location. I'd place some odds that the same was the demise of Golden Corral.
I drive by that area a couple of times a week but don't really pay attention but that Golden Corral is still listed on the website as being open.
As of last evening, (1/31/2018) Golden Corral was still open with approx. 20-25+ cars in the lot.

The theater lot usually looks pretty empty, but it is a hugely over-sized lot.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

GetUrban wrote:
Uffda wrote:
As of last evening, (1/31/2018) Golden Corral was still open with approx. 20-25+ cars in the lot.

I am sure that I had read somewhere that that Golden Corral had closed.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

bbinks wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
Uffda wrote:

As I drove by tonight there were quite a few cars in the parking lot.

I tried to read the sign outside AppleBees but was in the wrong lane to read it.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Uffda wrote:
bbinks wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
Uffda wrote:

I tried to read the sign outside AppleBees but was in the wrong lane to read it.
I wasn't doubting you, just my aging memory recalls it being closed in some write up somewhere.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

bbinks wrote:
Uffda wrote:
bbinks wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
Uffda wrote:

I wasn't doubting you, just my aging memory recalls it being closed in some write up somewhere.
I ate at the Golden Coral for lunch at Sorenson Park a couple of weeks ago I am ashamed to admit. I should be slapped because I knew better. I knew that I should of never went back there again the last time I went there or the time before that. The place was dead and the food was cold and I didn't eat much and walked out of there swearing i would kick my a$$ if I ever caught myself back there again.
DaPho84
New to the Neighborhood

Post by DaPho84 »

Hey guys! Anyone know what's going up next to Sherwin Williams? I was thinking it may be a T Mobile or US Cellular due to size and layout. Also, I know the new owners of SP Plaza has a 2020 vision plan, any details of what that may look like? I know they were ending contracts and planning to revamp, but haven't heard anything more. Thanks!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:Across 72nd St. north of Walgreens and Sherwin Williams will be a 3077 sq. ft. ATI Physical Therapy building.
tjnebboi
New to the Neighborhood

Post by tjnebboi »

wondering when fajitas is opening can't wait to give it try
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

tjnebboi wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:40 pm wondering when fajitas is opening can't wait to give it try
They had to make more renovations than expected, but their equipment arrives this week and final inspections in the coming weeks. There are currently hoping for a mid-July soft opening. They should have a Facebook page by this week with updates. As soon as they make one I will post a link.
ProgKingHughesker
Home Owners Association

Post by ProgKingHughesker »

Ross Dress For Less going into the old Office Max (funnily enough, also between a PetSmart and a Target)
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

ProgKingHughesker wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:06 pm Ross Dress For Less going into the old Office Max (funnily enough, also between a PetSmart and a Target)
That's really good news. They've been bleeding stores over there.

Greg
lbmom5
New to the Neighborhood

Post by lbmom5 »

ProgKingHughesker wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:06 pm Ross Dress For Less going into the old Office Max (funnily enough, also between a PetSmart and a Target)
Great location for a Ross :;):
ProgKingHughesker
Home Owners Association

Post by ProgKingHughesker »

Aaron's is taking over the old Party City/Spirit Halloween, building permit is in the window. Don't know if they're also gonna expand into the space of the clothing store that closed suddenly a couple weeks ago