Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Brad, nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20098
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Coyote » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:41 pm

MTO wrote:
Brad wrote:
MTO wrote:Why do we keep getting more of the same old stuff why couldn't they have found first to the market franchises for once?!


I guess my other thought is why do you even want new franchises(new to the market or not)? Why not local/independent eating options?


Like what a Razzy's and Bronco's?


Grow up kid.

How about Pitch, Blatt, Orsi's, Stokes, Plank, Hiro, and numerous others to join Summer Kitchen.
Image

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3789
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Linkin5 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:44 pm

MTO is reaching strange new levels of complaining lol.

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby RNcyanide » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:11 am

Linkin5 wrote:MTO is reaching strange new levels of complaining lol.


Poor guy. When they announced that there likely won't be a tower on the Civic site, it broke him.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
choke
Human Relations
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby choke » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:52 am

MTO wrote:
Brad wrote:
MTO wrote:Why do we keep getting more of the same old stuff why couldn't they have found first to the market franchises for once?!


I guess my other thought is why do you even want new franchises(new to the market or not)? Why not local/independent eating options?


Like what a Razzy's and Bronco's?


Big Bronco combo, substitute onion rings.

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby MadMartin8 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Coyote wrote:
MTO wrote:
Brad wrote:
MTO wrote:Why do we keep getting more of the same old stuff why couldn't they have found first to the market franchises for once?!


I guess my other thought is why do you even want new franchises(new to the market or not)? Why not local/independent eating options?


Like what a Razzy's and Bronco's?


Grow up kid.

How about Pitch, Blatt, Orsi's, Stokes, Plank, Hiro, and numerous others to join Summer Kitchen.



*record scratch*

There's an Orsi's out there at Southport?!
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20098
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Coyote » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:19 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:
Coyote wrote:
MTO wrote:
Brad wrote:
MTO wrote:Why do we keep getting more of the same old stuff why couldn't they have found first to the market franchises for once?!


I guess my other thought is why do you even want new franchises(new to the market or not)? Why not local/independent eating options?


Like what a Razzy's and Bronco's?


Grow up kid.

How about Pitch, Blatt, Orsi's, Stokes, Plank, Hiro, and numerous others to join Summer Kitchen.



*record scratch*

There's an Orsi's out there at Southport?!


No. Those were just suggestions for local establishments that might consider expanding there.
Image

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby MadMartin8 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:27 am

Coyote wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Coyote wrote:
MTO wrote:
Brad wrote:
MTO wrote:Why do we keep getting more of the same old stuff why couldn't they have found first to the market franchises for once?!


I guess my other thought is why do you even want new franchises(new to the market or not)? Why not local/independent eating options?


Like what a Razzy's and Bronco's?


Grow up kid.

How about Pitch, Blatt, Orsi's, Stokes, Plank, Hiro, and numerous others to join Summer Kitchen.



*record scratch*

There's an Orsi's out there at Southport?!


No. Those were just suggestions for local establishments that might consider expanding there.


Stop toying with my heart, Coyote! :( :oops:
No posts exist for this topic

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3789
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Linkin5 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Ole's Big Game Bar apparently bought a plot of land in the Southport area. Would be cool if they make it like their location in Paxton, I will say though their food has really gone down hill, they'll need to step up their game if they plan on this working out.

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby MadMartin8 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Linkin5 wrote:Ole's Big Game Bar apparently bought a plot of land in the Southport area. Would be cool if they make it like their location in Paxton, I will say though their food has really gone down hill, they'll need to step up their game if they plan on this working out.


Every time I head out to Colorado, Paxton and Ole's is always a stop. Their biscuits and Gravy are still top notch. Are they seriously going to build something in the metro though?
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20098
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Coyote » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Linkin5 wrote:Ole's Big Game Bar apparently bought a plot of land in the Southport area. Would be cool if they make it like their location in Paxton

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (54.13 KiB) Viewed 978 times
Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20098
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Coyote » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:57 pm

BTW, RBTJ LLC's P.O. Box is the same as Ole's. The LLC was formed on 10/14/16.
Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20098
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Aksarben Pointe (former Venice Inn Site)

Postby Coyote » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:05 am

Per the Grow Omaha Radio Show, Legends is opening another location in Southport near Hampton Inn.
Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20098
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Coyote » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:20 am

Mayor Kindig made it official on the Grow Omaha Radio Show, Ole's Steakhouse will be here in Southport.
Image

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby bigredmed » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:57 am

Coyote wrote:Mayor Kindig made it official, Ole's Steakhouse will be here in Southport.

Ole's makes the best mountain oysters in Nebraska. Hope they bring that recipe with them.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20098
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Coyote » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:04 pm

I hope it will be similar to Denver's Buckhorn Exchange.

Prime grade beef steaks, buffalo prime rib, elk, salmon, quail, game hen, and succulent baby-back pork ribs are just some of the marvelous offerings on the Buckhorn menu. Exotic appetizers such as alligator tail and buffalo sausage are available, and no dinner is complete without the house specialty, Rocky Mountain Oysters.
Image

User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
Location: west Omaha

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Stargazer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:39 am

When do we get our Brazilian steakhouse? Sioux City and Lincoln both have them.

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby MadMartin8 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:59 am

Stargazer wrote:When do we get our Brazilian steakhouse? Sioux City and Lincoln both have them.


Wasn't there once one in Legacy off of 168th and Center?
No posts exist for this topic

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby MadMartin8 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:00 am

Coyote wrote:Mayor Kindig made it official, Ole's Steakhouse will be here in Southport.


Are they keeping the location in Paxton?


Either way, awesome news...
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20098
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Coyote » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:07 am

MadMartin8 wrote:
Coyote wrote:Mayor Kindig made it official, Ole's Steakhouse will be here in Southport.

Are they keeping the location in Paxton?
Either way, awesome news...


I can't imagine them pulling out of Paxton, it is a halfway stopping off point between here and Denver and a local staple.

With the Multi-Sports Center and the hotels popping up, I would not be surprised to see more unique sit down restaurants looking at Southport.
Image

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby MadMartin8 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:10 am

Coyote wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Coyote wrote:Mayor Kindig made it official, Ole's Steakhouse will be here in Southport.

Are they keeping the location in Paxton?
Either way, awesome news...


I can't imagine them pulling out of Paxton, it is a halfway stopping off point between here and Denver and a local staple.


Thought so, but you never know anymore.
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20098
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Coyote » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:13 am

MadMartin8 wrote:
Stargazer wrote:When do we get our Brazilian steakhouse? Sioux City and Lincoln both have them.


Wasn't there once one in Legacy off of 168th and Center?


Galo lasted less than a year...
Image

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20098
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Coyote » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:14 am

I could see a Rodizio Grill going in here...
Image

User avatar
RNcyanide
Planning Board
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
Location: Chalco

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby RNcyanide » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 am

Coyote wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Stargazer wrote:When do we get our Brazilian steakhouse? Sioux City and Lincoln both have them.


Wasn't there once one in Legacy off of 168th and Center?


Galo lasted less than a year...


I remember seeing at best mediocre reviews of that place.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 5835
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby nebugeater » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:25 pm

RNcyanide wrote:
Coyote wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Stargazer wrote:When do we get our Brazilian steakhouse? Sioux City and Lincoln both have them.


Wasn't there once one in Legacy off of 168th and Center?


Galo lasted less than a year...


I remember seeing at best mediocre reviews of that place.



It was not your typical Brasilian steakhouse either. Was there a couple of times and it was good for what it was but not what you are looking for is a Brasilien steakhouse that most know
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 5835
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby nebugeater » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:27 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12062&hilit=Galo

here is our thread on it.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
Location: west Omaha

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Stargazer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:06 pm

I actually liked the place a lot, was disappointed to see it fail. A different spin on the Brazilian steak house. A buffet with a gaucho chef serving a few meat selections. They charged by the pound. I thought the food was very good.

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby bigredmed » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Once a format is established, you either go all in or go into some thing else. Dim Sum is a great example. In SF, there are restaurants that only serve that. They have a dozen or more options at a given meal, but you can't get an entree there. People learn that if you want Peking Duck, you go to the restaurant that sells it. If you want sweet pork buns, you go to the place that sells Dim Sum.

Once people got used to the Fogo De Chao style, they wanted that style.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28100
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Brad » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Photo Update:

1. New Dunkin Donuts site, new Sonic to the right in the back
Image

2. New Dunkin Donuts site, new Sonic to the left in the back, new Comfort Inn to the right.
Image

3. New Comfort Inn
Image

4. New Comfort Inn
Image

5. New Comfort Inn
Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 4983
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:48 am

Was it up with that one balcony on the Comfort Inn? Is that a common area or is it just for one room?

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28100
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Brad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:51 am

skinzfan23 wrote:Was it up with that one balcony on the Comfort Inn? Is that a common area or is it just for one room?


No idea, I was surprised to see it. I didn't go around to the east side to see if there were any more.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
skinzfan23
County Board
Posts: 4983
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby skinzfan23 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 am

I can honestly say, I have never seen a hotel with only one balcony.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28100
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Postby Brad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:39 am

skinzfan23 wrote:I can honestly say, I have never seen a hotel with only one balcony.


I haven't either. That said, when is the last time you seen any of these three story chain hotels with any balconies.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member


Return to “Suburban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest