TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

charlie123 wrote:I heard that TD Ameritrade got approval from the City Council to have a bridge built over the Papio creek to the West of their new tower in order to have an "Emergency Exit" out of their campus...... Any truth to this?   This would be somewhere around their parking lot possible then in the direction of the baseball fields to the west
Yes, check out earlier posts in this thread. That was passed many moons ago...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Good thing it is for emergency only...  Traffic on 114 is thick after 5...
omadweller
Home Owners Association

Post by omadweller »

This looks like a great building and Omaha is lucky to have them in a part of the city that is pretty centrally located when TD Ameritrade could have built along the 370 or past 200th and Dodge. It is fun to see the tower driving north on I680 when coming over the hill by Pacific Street.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

omadweller wrote:This looks like a great building and Omaha is lucky to have them in a part of the city that is pretty centrally located when TD Ameritrade could have built along the 370 or past 200th and Dodge. It is fun to see the tower driving north on I680 when coming over the hill by Pacific Street.
Oh lordy, that would have been awful if they built waaay out in the wild wild west. A bland, nondescript sprawling suburban campus - ick.
Last edited by RNcyanide on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

RNcyanide wrote:
omadweller wrote:This looks like a great building and Omaha is lucky to have them in a part of the city that is pretty centrally located when TD Ameritrade could have built along the 370 or past 200th and Dodge. It is fun to see the tower driving north on I680 when coming over the hill by Pacific Street.
Oh lordy, that would have been awful if they built waaay out in the wild wild west. A bland, nondescript sprawling urban campus - ick.
I wonder if companies are noticing the exurban office developments, Coventry at 204th and Q in particular, that aren't living up to their potential and deciding the exurbs aren't the way to go. Coventry was supposed to be a mixed use development with offices, shopping, and residential developments. Five or so years later, it's just ACI's building, a partially completed lake, and a few houses in the middle of nowhere.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:
Oh lordy, that would have been awful if they built waaay out in the wild wild west. A bland, nondescript sprawling urban campus - ick.
I wonder if companies are noticing the exurban office developments, Coventry at 204th and Q in particular, that aren't living up to their potential and deciding the exurbs aren't the way to go. Coventry was supposed to be a mixed use development with offices, shopping, and residential developments. Five or so years later, it's just ACI's building, a partially completed lake, and a few houses in the middle of nowhere.
You have to think that the major market for the house next to the office would be people who work in the office.   Pretty hard to swallow working that close to home.  What if you get RIF'd or the job sucks and you move on then have to look at the place every day.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Just finished up with the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Had the governor and mayor give speeches beforehand. I'll try to post some pics later.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Sustainability is the Focus as TD Ameritrade Marks Opening of "Green" Corporate Office Tower
12-story, 530,000 square foot facility targeting LEED® Platinum Certification

Business Wire wrote:The new office tower is on-track to achieve LEED® Platinum Certification, the highest level available. If successful it will be the ninth largest new construction Platinum building in the country.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Passed by this last night. I have to say - it looks better at night. there isn't that bug zapper blue tint to it.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Coyote wrote:Passed by this last night. I have to say - it looks better at night. there isn't that bug zapper blue tint to it.
It looks kinda frosty. If it were a container, I'd be tempted to pour a glass of scotch into it.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
BRoss
IT Director

Re: TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus

Post by BRoss »

The HQ building has been officially designated LEED Platinum certified now. Next will be to become Energy Star rated.

Over the past year, it's saved 50% on energy alone.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The City Council has removed the "blighted" designation and has now removed the TIF for the surrounding improvements, that being the trail bridge.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:The City Council has removed the "blighted" designation and has now removed the TIF for the surrounding improvements, that being the trail bridge.
So now that the "Blighted" designation has come full circle, did it even affect the neighborhood one bit?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:The City Council has removed the "blighted" designation and has now removed the TIF for the surrounding improvements, that being the trail bridge.
So now that the "Blighted" designation has come full circle, did it even affect the neighborhood one bit?
You didn't know 114th is the new old Park Ave now?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Since this building has been brought up. They do tours open to the public once a quarter, can sign up here.

http://www.amtd.com/investor-relations/ ... fault.aspx
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

It is a pretty cool building to check out if you ever get a chance.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Cool. I'd love to see inside of it. I've walked into the entrance before, and it looks really sharp in there. I'm happy that Ameritrade built such a tall building along I-680 and they have such a great company.

This is my "beef" though: Overall, I like the design, but I'm not sure how appropriate it was to set a green, rigidly-rectangular building like that down in that Old Mill area -- in the midst of 60's middle-class housing, and mirrored-glass 80's suburban buildings around it. It is not sensitive at all. The backside particularly bugs me for Old Mill. I wish the "ticker tape" windows were confined to only the narrow sides, and the horizontal strips of windows on the front were repeated on the back. Like others here, I like it all better at night. I've forced myself to start liking it, as I have to zoom by it on Dodge all the time, and it is "here to stay" in my hometown. That's the power of architecture in motion -- right there. Actually giving me a "thorn prick" as I drive by on Dodge -- every time -- along with my dislike for the elevated Dodge Expressway in that area. I used to be fond of 114th & Dodge in the 1990's. (And, I'm not the only Omahan that dislikes the elevated freeway and those windows.) That's why we have to be very careful what we approve, and really study the design, and think about everything, imo.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.