TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Traveler
New to the Neighborhood

TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus

Post by Traveler »

Talked with Ameritrade employees at lunch yesterday..asked about any rumors about a new building....they said there was something being talked about, but didn't know where it would be built.....but in OMaha?...yes, the owner would never move out of OMaha.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

I have heard that "TD Waterhouse" (soon to be "TD Ameritrade") in Rockbrook Village will be moving to a better location.

Will the new "TD Ameritrade" share space with it's new partner or will it remain a standalone location?

Lonnie

Post by Guest »

What's wrong with the Rockbrook location? This is just a customer store front. What are they going to do? Move it next door to the California Pizza Kitchen? :D

As for a new building, given Ameritrade's relatively conservative use of facility dollars to this point, I would be surprised if they built anything significant, if even new construction at all. Also, it looks like they still have alot of room to use up in that Old Mill office visible from 680.
Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

how many emplyees will TD Ameritrade have in the Omaha area? Maybe 4000 or so (enough for a skyscraper)
Go west young man.

Post by guest »

I've also heard rumors about this lately. Back in 99 I think they were looking at expanding over in the Lakeside Business area. (168th & Center). That fell through with the tech bubble bursting. Now I'm hearing rumors of a new building out west closer to Gretna?
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

O man, that sucks. If they move their HQ, they should move it downtown, not further out west :roll: . I am getting very sick and tired of this urban sprawl stuff, but I guess it's nothing to complain about. We still have Ameritrade here afterall.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

TD ameritrade moved into a (now faltering) First Data building in Old Mill, they actually have been here for about 9 months.

Post by Guest »

I talked with an Ameritrade employee recently about their future plans.  They have the option on several additional buildings in Old Mill and plan on doing extensive renovation on the existing buildings and developing it into a campus. (No new construction)
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Anonymous wrote:I talked with an Ameritrade employee recently about their future plans.  They have the option on several additional buildings in Old Mill and plan on doing extensive renovation on the existing buildings and developing it into a campus. (No new construction)
Extensive renovation at Southroads, 108th and F, Old Mill, or another location?

Post by Guest »

Extensive renovations to the buildings they have purchased in the Old Mill area.  I don't know the exact number but there will eventually be several Ameritrade buildings in the Old Mill area.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

So will they be moving out of southroads then?
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

Anonymous wrote:Extensive renovations to the buildings they have purchased in the Old Mill area.  I don't know the exact number but there will eventually be several Ameritrade buildings in the Old Mill area.

You know, I work across the street from ameritrade in Old mill (prime therapeutics), and I noticed the building that looks exactly like the one I work in (former first data building), there have been cars parked there and people inside..

My thoughts on that was all Ameritrade, and would be seriously surprised if it were anyone else..  this building has been getting attention since ameritrade officailly opened their doors across the street.

Post by Guest »

Brad wrote:So will they be moving out of southroads then?
I would think it more likely that they would close 108th and F but who knows maybe they are planning on moving everyone in Omaha to Old Mill.  From the person I talked to it sounded like the Old Mill "Campus" would be Ameritrade's primary site in Omaha.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

Anonymous wrote:
Brad wrote:So will they be moving out of southroads then?
I would think it more likely that they would close 108th and F but who knows maybe they are planning on moving everyone in Omaha to Old Mill.  From the person I talked to it sounded like the Old Mill "Campus" would be Ameritrade's primary site in Omaha.

I understand that HP is leaving the city completely and the HP building is caddy-corner to the current ameritrade building, I am wondering if ameritrade is going to take that building over also..
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Erik wrote:I understand that HP is leaving the city completely
Isn't that still up for debate?  I believe there was an HP employee who had debunked some of that rumor.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

almighty_tuna wrote:
Erik wrote:I understand that HP is leaving the city completely
Isn't that still up for debate?  I believe there was an HP employee who had debunked some of that rumor.

I hope so, I hate losing any jobs here.. but if there are jobs to lose I wouldn't mind it as much being HP or First Data because of how volatile they are..  They just are not nearly as much of a sure future presence as other companies, but you never know..
Lizard
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Lizard »

I used to work at AMTD, and I swear I heard from friends that they signed a 5 year contract with Southroads not all that long ago.  Although, I'm sure that contract is nothing that you couldn't get out of for $100 and a pack of smokes....
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Lizard wrote:I used to work at AMTD, and I swear I heard from friends that they signed a 5 year contract with Southroads not all that long ago.  Although, I'm sure that contract is nothing that you couldn't get out of for $100 and a pack of smokes....
"AND a pack of smokes???"  For that we pay for the moving van!

Post by Guest »

Ameritrade plans to move all of the South roads operations to Old Mill by 2011
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Anonymous wrote:Ameritrade plans to move all of the South roads operations to Old Mill by 2011
Good then they can work on redeveloping the area!

Post by Guest »

Are they closing the 108 th and F location as well?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Ameritrade plans to move all of the South roads operations to Old Mill by 2011
Good then they can work on redeveloping the area!
The Old Mill area or the Southroads Area?  Is this REALLY a good thing for S Omaha?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:The Old Mill area or the Southroads Area?  Is this REALLY a good thing for S Omaha?
Southroads.  Between Southroads and Wilson Concrete and everything in between, they really have a huge chunk of land to do something great!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Ameritrade leased the 96,000-square-foot, four-story building that had housed offices of First Data Resource last year and some time this year Applied Communications will vacate 170,000 square feet of space in Old Mill when it relocates to Coventry. Now that the expressway has alleviated traffic problems the Old Mill area along with Regency and Miracles Hills is becoming a nice corridor. What is the building that is going up now just east of 680 - south of the gym/tennis courts?
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

Ameritrade is now negotiating with the landlord on occupying a third building and they already have negotiated to take the top floor of the Prime Therapeutics building and the landlord is offering to pay to move the employees to another building and some other details as they are asking to break a contract with the company that is suppose to last till 2013...

Ameritrade is now officially going to be starting on a parking garage in between buildings 2 and 3..

The current building they are in right now is immediately south of building 2 in which they are renovating, building 3 is immediately to the east of building 2 (also north of the currently occupied 4 story building) and lies right in between building 2 and the HP building in Old Mill..

The parking garage is set to be built any time as we have received a notice about this at work to avoid parking between buildings 2 and 3..
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

geez theyre really goin to town on the old mill

Post by Guest »

Is this still a rumor?
Replyer

Post by Replyer »

Anonymous wrote:Is this still a rumor?
Drive through Old Mill and see for yourself!
Username
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Username »

Replyer wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Is this still a rumor?
Drive through Old Mill and see for yourself!
I work in the area and it is correct.  Ameritrade has signs up on a building across from their headquarters.  What employees will be moving there?  New employees or transplants?

Does anyone know more about this?  Are there any Ameritrade employees on here??
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Are they also going to occupy the building nearest the interstate with the Gallup sign?  I've noticed there's been a covered up sign apparently waiting to be unveiled for the past week or so.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Username
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Username »

Ahh, interesting.  I'll have to look for that sign by the Gallup building also.

Thanks for the tip!
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Stargazer wrote:Are they also going to occupy the building nearest the interstate with the Gallup sign?  I've noticed there's been a covered up sign apparently waiting to be unveiled for the past week or so.
Nope, that will be "Payflex"
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Nothing really new that we haven't heard before:

Ameritrade will keep Omaha as home base
CHRISTINE LAUE wrote:Omaha-based TD Ameritrade plans to consolidate its four metro-area offices and more than 2,000 local employees into a new Old Mill headquarters — and eventually hire up to 400 more employees to work there. The brokerage firm would lease several existing buildings and two new multistory buildings to be built by a developer by spring 2011. The site is at 108th and Farnam Streets, south of West Dodge Road and just west of Interstate 680.

Gerber said the consolidation would affect the company's four metro-area offices:

• Its headquarters at 102nd and F Streets, opened in 1997, employs about 300 people.
• Its main call center and clearing operation have been on two floors of Bellevue's Southroads Technology Center (the former shopping mall) for about 10 years.
• An advertising group of about 150 people has operated on John Galt Boulevard southwest of 108th and L Streets since about 2005.
• Four floors of the former First Data Resources building in Old Mill have been leased for about a year. Another 400 people work there.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Coyote wrote:Nothing really new that we haven't heard before:

Ameritrade will keep Omaha as home base
CHRISTINE LAUE wrote:Omaha-based TD Ameritrade plans to consolidate its four metro-area offices and more than 2,000 local employees into a new Old Mill headquarters — and eventually hire up to 400 more employees to work there. The brokerage firm would lease several existing buildings and two new multistory buildings to be built by a developer by spring 2011. The site is at 108th and Farnam Streets, south of West Dodge Road and just west of Interstate 680.

Gerber said the consolidation would affect the company's four metro-area offices:

• Its headquarters at 102nd and F Streets, opened in 1997, employs about 300 people.
• Its main call center and clearing operation have been on two floors of Bellevue's Southroads Technology Center (the former shopping mall) for about 10 years.
• An advertising group of about 150 people has operated on John Galt Boulevard southwest of 108th and L Streets since about 2005.
• Four floors of the former First Data Resources building in Old Mill have been leased for about a year. Another 400 people work there.
Imagine one of the following different outcomes, other than both ACI and Ameritrade leaving:

1) Both could have stayed in Old Mill, tearing down some of the original 10,000 sqft, single story buildings and replacing them with multistory ones,

or,

2) One or the other actually moving downtown,

Or, a bonus,

3) Aksarben?

Things that make you say hmmmmm
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Here you go...

http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1208&u_sid=10460285
OWH wrote:The desire to create a campus for its 2,000 metro-area employees is the primary reason TD Ameritrade officials say they are investing up to $80 million to consolidate operations in Old Mill. The move to the new office campus near 108th and Farnam will bring together Omaha-area workers who currently are spread over four locations in two cities.

TD Ameritrade plans to lease four existing buildings and to build two new multistory buildings. It will spend $50 million to construct the new buildings and upgrade the others, and it will spend about $30 million more on building leases.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

That is no consolidation if you ask me. That is just relocation for some. I'm sure that is the most feasible, however.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

S33 wrote:That is no consolidation if you ask me.
No kidding.  The employees in one building are just as likely to go from building to building across a parking lot now as they were to go from building to building across town before.  

That would be "not very".
Stable genius.
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

Then you merge on to southbound 680 from west Dodge, you can really get a good view of the construction activities.  They are constructing what appears to be a new parking structure.
where the corn meets the concrete
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo update from about a week ago

windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

They have made a lot of progress on the garage since your photo update.
where the corn meets the concrete