Lack of well designed new homes in Omaha

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

greenbuilder
Home Owners Association

Lack of well designed new homes in Omaha

Post by greenbuilder »

I'd like to know what everyone thinks of all the cookie cutter homes being built in this town?
Along with builders lack of interest in building energy eff. homes?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The new neighborhoods in Omaha are teriable, there is no character, I would like to live in Dundee anyday. There are a few neighborhoods like baywood, Hawthorne and Pacific Springs where they have tree lined streets, but the houses still have no charracter. For some reason people in Omaha think they have to always have a new house, I would rather take pride in restoring an old house.
GoWest
Home Owners Association

Post by GoWest »

I think we all would like to see better quality and more unique homes built around Omaha. However I do think the reasonable prices that some of the “cookie cutter” developers create are beneficial to a degree. I cannot afford a nice house with a lot of character. I am just happy to be a homeowner. I think that if you have deep enough pockets you can buy a house anywhere in the city with as much character as you want.
greenbuilder
Home Owners Association

Post by greenbuilder »

Most of the "cookie-cutter" builders could offer better looking house if the more people demanded them. There is no reason that the builder can't offer a better looking home as an up-charge. Most people I know would gladly spend a few thousand more to a have a nice looking home