West Dodge Pointe - Baxter (NW 168th & Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

the1wags
County Board

West Dodge Pointe - Baxter (NW 168th & Dodge)

Post by the1wags »

Found this on the Grubb Ellis website, couldn't recall seeing anything about it here. I couldn't figure out how to link to the specific page but here is the site plan. Page said something about 70 unit condo buildings which I belive would be buildings A and B on this. I'm also guessing the red dash line across West Dodge would be some sort of ped bridge over to Village Point? Anyone have anymore info about this?

eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Wow. This is totally new to me... from this aerial view it looks very impressive. Great find wags! I'm sure we'll be hearing more about it now.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Thanks wags
Since there will be residential now I guess this is a true lifestyle center, I think our first in the metro.
15-17, 26, 32
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Wow, this is funny because just the other day while I was driving by 168th and Dodge I thought a lifestylecenter with a pedestrian link to Village Pointe would be perfect. Aparently, someone else did too. I hope we hear more about this.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Can you provide a link to where you found this on their site wags? Was it on the local Pacific Realty site? or on their loopnet.com link? I can't seem to find it. Thanks again!
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Hmmm try this.....

javascriptmakePopupProfile("/xNet/Looplink/Profile/Profile.aspx?LL=true&LID=14455912&STID=grubb");

Well looks like that didn't work, but yeah its on the loopnet one.

Looks like they are calling it Tribedo, and might just be trying to sell the whole chunk of land with this the intended goal?

Use this...

http://www.loopnet.com/LoopLink/grubbEllis/qrylong.aspx

and put in Omaha, NE and search, 10th one down.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Here's the description from the site:
This high quality mixed use development is located along the north side of West Doge Road from 168th-174th Street and is a Class A development opportunity. The development will feature two high rise condominiums of 70 units each, 300,000 SF of retail, as well as several Class A office building opportunities. CURRENTLY MARKETING A CONTRACTURAL INTEREST.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Excuse me while I pick my jaw back up off the floor!
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Duuuuude! Yessss!

Chew on that West Des Moines :D
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Two hi-rises holly cow, how many floors?
15-17, 26, 32
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Is there a demographic that wants to live at 168th and Dodge AND live in a high-rise?

-Big E
Stable genius.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Thanks wags...

Must be a 'premium' listing (which I'm not paying for) when queried via the generic loopnet entry point (as opposed to through Grubb & Ellis)

Here's a good link: http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/Looplink/Pr ... STID=grubb
papiostud
Home Owners Association

Post by papiostud »

Wow! I hope this pans out. Though high-rise condos in West O? Just sounds odd. You think this kinda development would lure Ameritrade out West? =/
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

anyone know how tall a building needs to be to achieve high rise status? What about mid and low as well?
Minneapolis Boy
Library Board

Post by Minneapolis Boy »

In the last few weeks I remember reading someplace [can't remember what publication - maybe The City Weekly] that there would be an announcement of a multi-story condo project in West O.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I'd guess a west Omaha developer would call anything over 5 stories a highrise. :)

On the other hand, Riverfront Place is like, what, 80 units between it's two towers? So heck, we could actually be talking about a fairly tall suburban structure here. I think it'd be great.
Minneapolis Boy
Library Board

Post by Minneapolis Boy »

When I read the article, I immediately assumed it would be 8 stories max. Expecting that to be a real stretch for West O. The higher the better!
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Eight stories is probably more realistic.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Holy |expletive|, this came out of nowhere. And comparing the 80 units between the TWO buildings at Riverfront Place and the 70 units in EACH of the condo buildings in this project, I'd say it's safe this baby could push past 10 stories each. 8)
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

from the renderings, these two buildings look way wider than the riverfront place towers. I bet they are probably half as tall.

Oh and did anyone catch the fine print?
The information above has been obtained from sources believed reliable. While we do not doubt its accuracy we have not verified it and make no guarantee, warranty or representation about it. It is your responsibility to independently confirm its accuracy and completeness. Any projections, opinions, assumptions, or estimates used are for example only and do not represent the current or future performance of the property
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Well, also from the renderings the condo's could also be in M. There is a swimming pool on that one. Who know at this point though really?
Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

help me out here is this the area east of where Greg Young and Baxter built their dealer ships?
Go west young man.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

almighty_tuna wrote:Excuse me while I pick my jaw back up off the floor!
I just picked mine up..

Wow! :) ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

help me out here is this the area east of where Greg Young and Baxter built their dealer ships?
That is correct. I don't recall alot of space between Dodge and the rail line. I'll have to drive by and take some photos.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

adam186 wrote:Well, also from the renderings the condo's could also be in M. There is a swimming pool on that one. Who know at this point though really?
First, this is extremely preliminary, and

Second, M is a planned hotel.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Maybe they could shift the footprint to the northeast and take out that "lovely" trailer park along 168th? :?

I would just hope that, from an historical standpoint, that they don't touch Old Lincoln Highway, which this appears to butt up against.
loyalomahan
Library Board

Post by loyalomahan »

Today the brick stretch of Lincoln Highway ends at the OPPD facility anyway doesn't it? I would think this may just end up connecting it to the access road at Dodge.

So, is that an overhead interior view of another indoor waterpark?! :P
Asten
Human Relations

Post by Asten »

Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

I wonder when the people who live in that neighbor hood were going to be told that thier homes were sold?
Go west young man.
Ingersoll1978
Library Board

Post by Ingersoll1978 »

According to the site plan... M is a Fitness Center. It is being developed by Dana Development.

http://www.danadevelopment.com/pdfs/Tri ... teplan.pdf

http://www.danadevelopment.com
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

icejammer wrote:Maybe they could shift the footprint to the northeast and take out that "lovely" trailer park along 168th? :?
There's actually two trailer parks in that location, one on the north side of the tracks and one on the south side, and this project is actually being built right over the top of the bigger of the two.
cvoge
New to the Neighborhood

Post by cvoge »

http://www.danadevelopment.com/projects.html

At the bottom of the page, it talks about a project called
"Point West Medical". For this project, they plan to build a
40,000 sq. foot medical building NW of 182nd and Dodge.

Could this be the women's hospital or part of it ?

I think all this developmnt is all cool considering I live at 189th and Blondo :)
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

PUKE!! That's about what I did reading tha paper abou this today. Don't look for me to be excited or supportive about this. I do realize that we will probably see more of this in the future but I won't like it.
DTO
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

DTO Luv wrote:Don't look for me to be excited or supportive about this. I do realize that we will probably see more of this in the future but I won't like it.
Why
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Because it represents what I hate about west Omaha. All of this new office space going up out west makes me sick because people don't want to drive a long ways. Like they have it bad in Omaha? Plus the 300,000 sqft of retail being thrown up when there's already a |expletive| load out there, and it's like pulling teeth out of a upset cat to get any new retailer over here. Also that just because the average income of people out there is $88,000 dollars makes it seem like they need more of what they already have. My grandmother made well over $80,000 a year at her job and still lives near 60th and Ames. Lately I've been real upset about the whole east-west thing in Omaha. Don't let me crash your party. Keep talking nice about this.
DTO
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

So why do you think we will grow only in the existing areas? I guess we shoudn't listen to what people want. I mean who cares if every other city in the country, mabye with one or two exceptions, is the same way.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

It's not that we should only grow in existing areas, but from what I've seen Omaha does a very poor job in bringing in new developments to established neighborhoods.
DTO
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

DTO Luv wrote:PUKE!! That's about what I did reading tha paper abou this today. Don't look for me to be excited or supportive about this. I do realize that we will probably see more of this in the future but I won't like it.
Look at it in a different way...Just as my SimCity instruction manual reads "You must grow out before you can grow up"!

When Douglas county is filled up and Omaha leaders want to add more population, theres no where to go but infill, and I bet a lot of it will be downtown
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Relax D'Shawn, I don't think these projects will slow the downtown momentum any. The downtown people will live downtown... the suburban people will live in the suburbs.

One thing that just now struck me ... the access road running right through the retail/entertainment portion of this project. This really is unlike any development west Omaha has ever seen. Hopefully we won't see someone, for example, running over a retail shopper while trying to race to the Chevy dealer before the service department closes at 6pm.

Speaking of West Dodge dealerships... my wife and I drove by Baxter this evening. Their show room looks quite striking at night.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Here's the site plan, with key, that Josh found (thanks Josh!)...