Life Time Fitness coming to Legacy

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I couldn't get a good shot of the waterslide on the East side of the building. As you may know there is a large retaining wall and a fence surrounding it. But what I really liked seeing also was all the landscaping they are doing right now. I saw dozens of trees that were ready for planting. This is going to be a really nice looking place.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

No one had to beat them over the head to build such a nice facility either...  Many people would have started with this thing in a big Morton shed and gone from there.  Its too far from me but hope it is a success!
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

djc311 wrote:
omahastylee459 wrote:
It's the most upscale facility around. And, if you have a family, you can join for about $100/month. Which, btw, if you compare that to the rates of places like Prairie Life or Lakeside Wellness, you get WAY MORE for your $$$$$.
Untrue statement.

Prairie Life and Lifetime have just about the same rates (Around $50 for one person per month) BUT for Prairie Life, that includes ALL of the classes you want to take, ALL of your childrens classes, AND child day care.  Lifetime does not include any of that with their fees, you have to pay extra, and big time.
That's true - and exactly why places like Prairie Life & Lakeside Wellness Center have felt they need to abandon initiation fees & other high-priced "extras". I guess it's because they were feeling generous, not because they knew they were going to get their butts kicked by the ONLY 24HR. facility w/ the features they have. My bad! Oh, and I did I mention INDOOR & OUTDOOR waterpark-type attractions.... ooooo
Well of course a national chain coming into the area is going to be bigger and have more amenities than a locally controlled business.  Thats all it is though, a national chain and I think its going to hurt local gyms that are owned by Omahans.    I have a feeling people are going to be disappointed by this gym though.  Bigger is not always better.
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

I am certainly one to appreciate locally owned/operated businesses. Look at us! But, the fact of the matter is that this place will offer some unique characteristics, and be able to attract a lot of west Omaha clientele. I guess as a small business owner, I'm extremely excited about the building since it's about a stone's throw away from our front door out there. And, they attract on avg. about 3000 ppl a day. And, this location has had their highest pre-opening sign-ups for memberships to date. So, I'd love to see them bring traffic to our area, where we absolutely could use some help with that.

D
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

My wife and I went to the two hour grand opening of Life Time Fitness this evening.  The place was packed... and the place is HUGE.  Nothing like it in Omaha.

It was estimated that over 4400 people went to the opening!  "Just a little over the current membership", it was said.

Lonnie
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

lonnie wrote:My wife and I went to the two hour grand opening of Life Time Fitness this evening.  The place was packed... and the place is HUGE.  Nothing like it in Omaha.

It was estimated that over 4400 people went to the opening!  "Just a little over the current membership", it was said.

Lonnie
Holy cow! I wish everyone on here that has had something negative to say it would get out there and walk through. They'd be astounded. Like walking into a Cabela's for the first time.

There's no reason other facilities can't survive with Lifetime in Omaha now. However, I can't imagine people continuing to pay the crazy prices that Lakeside Wellness Center charges. If it's lucky, Lakeside is ONE HALF the club that Lifetime is.

D
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

How crazy are Lakeside's prices?  I pay $50 a month just to walk through the door at Lifetime.
aj4andy
New to the Neighborhood

Post by aj4andy »

Lifetime will own Omaha in the next 5 years.  They are a monopoly here in Minneapolis.  They had one real competitor, Northwest Athletic Club, so they bought them.  The gyms are nice for the price but I think look better than they really are.
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Re: Life Time Fitness coming to Legacy

Post by Al Buterol »

How does Prairie Life compare to Lifetime?

We live by Werner Park so trying to see if driving farther to LT is really worth it. PL you can use any of the facilities.

My main interest are the pools first and foremost for lap and kid swimming.
Trips
Library Board

Re: Life Time Fitness coming to Legacy

Post by Trips »

Prairie Life has a simple rectangle pool both inside and outside. The outside has a simple slide and is more kid friendly then the indoor. I believe the Midtown only has the indoor pool.

Lifetime has the huge outdoor waterpark type of pool. Their inside has a huge hottub, separate lap pool, and indoor play pool with medium size waterslide. Lifetime is much better but for 5x the price it should be. I currently pay $240/year with work discount at PL.

I know they will both do free day passes. Prairie Life seems a lot more informal and friendly.