Whispering Ridge (NWC 168 & Maple Street)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Something we've known about for nearly 1 year now..The W-H has finally collaborated..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I got to give the author on this on credit, the rumor was true. I had my doubts. I would rather go to SuperTarget than Super Wal-Mart.

Greg
LaVista23
New to the Neighborhood

Post by LaVista23 »

Thats great news. We were just talking about Target's new locations tonight after work (I work at Target.) 4 new super T's will be built in Omaha/Council Bluffs. One here, one near 168th and Dodge, 132nd and L (Lst shopping plaza) and the other in Council Bluffs, not sure of its location yet.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

LaVista23 wrote:Thats great news. We were just talking about Target's new locations tonight after work (I work at Target.) 4 new super T's will be built in Omaha/Council Bluffs. One here, one near 168th and Dodge, 132nd and L (Lst shopping plaza) and the other in Council Bluffs, not sure of its location yet.
Very interesting.

The 168th and Dodge location sounds interesting, maybe the plot south of the Village Pointe entrance? south of Wild Oats.

The only other place would be the proposed site NW of 168th and Dodge, but that looks years in the future.

Lonnie
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

There's not nearly enough space in 'Village Pointe South'. I'm much more shocked about a 168th and West Dodge location... than 168th and West Maple (locations at 180th and West Center, 168th and West Dodge AND 168th and West Maple?? come on... I'll be VERY surprised if they build near 168th and Dodge).
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Post by CapitalGuy »

I'm going to speak for LaVista23 and say that possibly he misspoke and actually was refering to a Super Target location at 204th and W. Dodge Street. Hasn't this location been kicked around or even announced. Somewhere near Menards?????
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

jhuston wrote:There's not nearly enough space in 'Village Pointe South'. I'm much more shocked about a 168th and West Dodge location... than 168th and West Maple (locations at 180th and West Center, 168th and West Dodge AND 168th and West Maple?? come on... I'll be VERY surprised if they build near 168th and Dodge).
'Village Pointe South' is Lots #11 and #12 with 4.1 acres and 3.5 acres respectively. The Super Target at 177th and West Center is 16 acres with all the parking. I think Jeff is correct.

Lonnie
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Do we know anything about West Village Pointe?
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Perhaps I do recall Elkhorn being mentioned for a Target location... that would certainly make more sense.

I haven't seen any recent site plans (I know mine is way out of date), however, I'm thinking Village Pointe West is going to look more like Lakeside, with predominantly office/medical uses.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

From a fly on the wall...

26 Million is correct.

It's going to cost more to remodel the store than it would cost to build a new one.

So why not just do what Hy-Vee has done at 108th/Fort and 50th/Center? Just build the new one than tear down the old?

Greg S wrote:There is no way it would cost $26 million to renovate the ST at 132nd and Maple. Are you sure you didn't meat 2.6 million???

Greg
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Of course they don't want to tear the Maple one down. It was the first SuperTarget to be built anywhere in the entire nation. It's a piece of Target history. 8)
Asten
Human Relations

Post by Asten »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Of course they don't want to tear the Maple one down. It was the first SuperTarget to be built anywhere in the entire nation. It's a piece of Target history. 8)
I opened that store. Lots of good times there :)
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

a Super Target location at 204th and W. Dodge Street
I was told today by someone in the know that the 168th and maple will take the place of one out on 204th and dodge -- at least at this time.
westom
New to the Neighborhood

Post by westom »

Construction has started in the site. I saw some grading going on this morning.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Thanks for the heads up westom!..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Last edited by Omaha Cowboy on Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cowboys!
Andrew
Home Owners Association

204 & Dodge

Post by Andrew »

The 204th & Dodge idea never made any sense. With Menard's at the NW corner there is nowhere something as big as a Target could go-- maybe a bit more north? Otherwise, anyone know when the BP just south of there will ever get built? The sign saying "future BP site" has been there for probably 2 years. Or for that matter, when construction of Menard's will ever commence?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Whispering Ridge - SWC 168th & W. Maple

cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

The neighbors to the south are not too pleased with this plan.  They have been fighting for a number of changes.  Makes you wonder why people by homes next to undeveloped commercial ground.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

cdub wrote:The neighbors to the south are not too pleased with this plan.  They have been fighting for a number of changes.  Makes you wonder why people by homes next to undeveloped commercial ground.
Exactly.  You have to know in west omaha that the LARGE lots on MAJOR Intersections are probably not going to be more houses.....
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

I don't get the complaining, either. Look at Ranch Bowl. That place was a complete POS, and now the neighbors around there rather have had a dump of a building left vacant with grafitti on it instead of a walmart. And, I bet most of them will shop there once it's built. The Ranch Bowl had people peeing outside, drunks everywhere and total white trash hanging out causing a bunch of trouble. Better not let that walmart in, 'cause they attract gangstas, hehe
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Wow, I pass this place everyday on my way to my girlfriend's place. I didn't realize they were already that far along.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Wow, I pass this place everyday on my way to my girlfriend's place. I didn't realize they were already that far along.
Titos, I think I will start stopping by our home unannounced at different times to check in on my wife each day just to make sure . . .  :lol:
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

:shrug:  :twisted:

:lol:
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I love it!  Plow over another cornfield.  I want to see Super Target!  I want to see a long line stretching of big box retail along western Dodge: Staples, Petco, Ross, Lowes, Best Buy, Borders, B&N, ect.  I want to see more homes sprouting up.  Sell another farm.  Get a bulldozer and knock down that old farmhouse.  Put up a big sign, with a rendering, announcing what is coming!  Warn Elkhorn, Bennington, and Gretna to enjoy country life while it lasts.  Annex them quickly, and quietly.  Yutan and Mead and Valley are next.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Current Photos of Super Target:

UNOstudent
Human Relations

Post by UNOstudent »

nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I rather like the look of the building.  Head and shoulders better than Wally World.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I am sure you can figure it out, but there is a strip mall going between the photographer and the building in this picture:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x54/ ... get014.jpg
UNOstudent
Human Relations

Post by UNOstudent »

Tuffy Auto, immediately south of Taco Bell

cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Pet smart and Sports Authority are looking like the inline buddies for Target.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

cdub wrote:Pet smart and Sports Authority are looking like the inline buddies for Target.
What Pet Store is just up the road by Kohl's?
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Petco.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

EDIT: Oops, wrong SuperTarget thread.
Last edited by TitosBuritoBarn on Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

It seems like all these stores are popping up together in the same groups lately.  Certain developers mush have relationships with certain companies.
formeromahan
New to the Neighborhood

Post by formeromahan »

Yes Brad, usually a couple things happen. If a developer is opening more than one center, even if they aren't in the same town, they will offer a store a deal on rent if they agree to open in these shopping centers. Another thing that happens is Companies use a real estate adviser to help them out. And you'll see that the same adviser will represent Major Company A, Major Company B, and Major Company C. So that adviser will approach the developer and say I can bring you these three major tenants, if you can give us this deal. Plus with Omaha being the competitive market that it is, and operating costs as high as they are, I'm sure companies are looking for more centers to open in, to help split some of those operating costs up amongst the stores.
UNOstudent
Human Relations

Post by UNOstudent »

Sign says SuperTarget is opening is October 14th.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

The store actually opens today.  the 'quiet' opening is the Wednesday before the grand opening, which is on Sunday.
agibson95
Home Owners Association

Post by agibson95 »

bbinks wrote:The store actually opens today.  the 'quiet' opening is the Wednesday before the grand opening, which is on Sunday.
Woohoo! Ive been waiting for them to open for months. I am so excited!
midtown charlie
Human Relations

Whispering Ridge West mixed-use development

Post by midtown charlie »

Southwest of 174th and Maple.  

48 acres of including 64 single-family lots & 330 multi-family units.  7.6 acres of mixed use including 42 residential units.

The mixed use area seems like it will consist of mostly 3 story buildings with parking underneath.  Ground floor is retail with either office or residential on the upper floors.  One end of the development consists of houses the other end is the mixed use area and the middle part is a apartment complex.  This seems to be a mixture of present day development standards with a hint of new urbanism.  I am guessing this is the wave of the future for Omaha.  I'll be interested to see how this actually works over time.

The design does looks nice.  

http://www.ci.omaha.ne.us/departments/c ... g/1501.pdf