Whispering Ridge (NWC 168 & Maple Street)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Whispering Ridge (NWC 168 & Maple Street)

Post by Brad »

Whispering Ridge (168&Maple)

Its not official, but it is.

They are going to build a Super Target at 168 and maple, right across from the Super Wallmart
Last edited by Brad on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asten
Human Relations

Re: Super Target 168+Maple

Post by Asten »

Brad wrote:Its not official, but it is.

They are going to build a Super Target at 168 and maple, right across from the Super Wallmart
jeez, that's all of 4 miles from the other one... But, hey, cool!

-asten
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Jeese, this is looking too similar to 180th and center. That Fantasy's and Super Walmart are both on 180th too, now Super Target, man.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

That's suburbia for you....

Watch...next we'll hear about a Christmas Tree farm going in at 180th and Center.
Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

Why on earth would target want to build a store there. Every time I go to the store on 180th there are always more employees there then customers. I would think that they would build father away like IN Elkhorn, maybe next to the Menards.
Go west young man.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Will wrote:Why on earth would target want to build a store there. Every time I go to the store on 180th there are always more employees there then customers. I would think that they would build father away like IN Elkhorn, maybe next to the Menards.
If you mean the Target on 180th & Center I have to disagree. It is always busy when I am there and that is at least once a week. If you are talking about the Walmart on Maple, then I will default to you and that may be the case.

I do agree that it would be a suprise to me if they built there with a S.T. just down the road at 132nd but then again it is aobut the same ditance to the Reg target on Center street and that seems to survive.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

Asten wrote:

-asten

which other one? the one at 132nd and maple or the one at 180th and center?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

nebport5 wrote:
Asten wrote:

-asten

Maybe they are using the Walgreen's business model!
Asten
Human Relations

Post by Asten »

nebport5 wrote:
Asten wrote:

-asten

132nd and maple - it's about 4.25 miles as the bird flies from the center one, 6 or so driving.

And it feels longer too, cause it's far easier to move east west than north south.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Talking with a friend who has worked for Target for a long time, she said the 132nd and Maple store is scheduled for a major remodeling in 2007 but she has heard nothing about a new store west of that. Unless she isnt saying... :D
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

I work at the 180th and Center Street Target and I haven't heard anything either.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I don't think Target ever would ever put 2 Super Targets that close together.

Greg
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

what do you mean by "It's not official but it is"? Where did you hear this?
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

The distance would be roughly equivalent as that between the regular Target at 132nd and West Center and the Super Target at 180th and West Center. Perhaps they have plans for a regular sized Target or a Target Greatland at 180th.

I do know one thing... Brad is a very reliable source. :)
Asten
Human Relations

Post by Asten »

jhuston wrote:The distance would be roughly equivalent as that between the regular Target at 132nd and West Center and the Super Target at 180th and West Center. Perhaps they have plans for a regular sized Target or a Target Greatland at 180th.

I do know one thing... Brad is a very reliable source. :)
Target seems to be nearly complete with chucking the "Greatland" idea. THe one near my house was a greatland, was remodeled and expanded, and became just Target.

... I actually worked at (and opened) the first SuperTarget (132nd & Maple) back in the day. Joe Montana, Amy Grant, and about a zillion people. Good times. I can't believe they're talking remodel already! It's not even 11 yet!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here is the new location

Also going to have a Runza and Taco Bell for Neighbors

And a Walmart Across the Street

Post by Guest »

I thought this was going in at 204th (or so) and maple..

Are you SURE it's at 168th, and not a lil closer to elkhorn?(In elkhorn)
Construction Guest

Post by Construction Guest »

Target puchased the land at 204th and Dodge Street, NE Corner which should be in the same arenext to the HyVee and Menards

Post by Guest »

numerous rumors i heard from a friend at target.

in the omaha area- target has land for a store at 202nd dodge. they are looking at a possible location around the hwy 50/370 intersection. the west maple store will undergo a $26mil renovation to modernize the store and make it smaller. since it was the first supertarget they built it too big and are suffering from paying taxes on the additional sqft not needed and declining sales from the walmart down the street.

in lincoln- the south location will close and replaced with a supertarget at another location in the area. also they are looking at land for a location in ne lincoln/waverly area.

in cb- they are looking at a location along west broadway just across the bridge from dto
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Jeez, so if all this goes through, the metro will have 10 Targets. Better than Wal-Mart, but as a Target employee, I didn't know there was this much demand for Targets.

If the 50/370 one goes through, hopefully it'll spur further retail development in that area so the western I-80 entrance into our city isn't so industrial.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Target isn't doing to shabby i guess. Good for them.
15-17, 26, 32
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/200 ... 052486.txt

The new Lincoln Super Target will be at 40th Street and Yankee Hill Road in southeast Lincoln with opening scheduled for July 2007. This was made offical with aproval about two weeks ago.

I can see the remodle at the Maple store but make it smaller??? Isn't it already smaller that the one on Center?? I will be suprised to see it reduced in size.

Post by Guest »

from the assessors website

180th/center 173,630 sq ft

http://www.dcassessor.org/details.asp?P ... 2531222052

and

132/maple 202,833 sq ft

http://www.dcassessor.org/details.asp?P ... 0913442002
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

There is no way it would cost $26 million to renovate the ST at 132nd and Maple. Are you sure you didn't meat 2.6 million???

Greg
w8ing
Human Relations

Post by w8ing »

Build them and they will come. I'm sure I've supported a few part-time employees with the money I've spent at Target in the last 10 years. This store is adored by the masses. Which is why one of my weekly reads is the Slave to Target blog. I can't help but identify with the blog authoress who says, " THIS BLOG IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH TARGET CORP. WE LOVE TARGET. CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT. WANT TO MARRY IT." lol indeed

After visiting the downtown Target in Minneapolis earlier this year, however, I am so hoping for a 2 story Target here so I can use the cart trolley! 8)
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I am so hoping for a 2 story Target here so I can use the cart trolley!
As with all of us other forumers.
15-17, 26, 32
cdub

Target

Post by cdub »

Target is indeed working on this site as we speak... Lots of inline shops and several typical pad dwellers as well...
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

The Dodge street site, or Maple(from the title of this thread).

Greg

Post by Guest »

Maple... I'm not aware of anything on 204th other than Menards..
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

I was in the new Runza today at 17021 Maple. The Manager there was speaking to the Radio Shack manager and they were both commenting on the new Taco Bell which has started construction. They also were talking and pointing to the SuperTarget site.

So there is a little more evidence confirming this "rumor". Perhaps it has moved past the rumor stage already. But thought I would tack on this little bit of extra info just in case.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Is the new Runza open to the public now? I wonder if Target will announce after the 2 stores on 72nd open?

Greg
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

^Yep. the manager told me yesterday was their opening day 7/6. The place smelled more like upholstery glue than food. Need to get a few more mushroom swiss burgers on the grill and onion rings in the fryer before the glue smell is a distant memory.
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Well, of course, we had this info months before as well. :D

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2238248
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha World Herald wrote:Omaha Planning Director Steve Jensen said city officials have worked with Target representatives to make the store's prototype design more compatible with Omaha By Design standards.
Now that is nice to read!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

djc311 wrote:Well, of course, we had this info months before as well. :D

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2238248
9 MONTHS BEFORE!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Gawd! Was it a whole 9 months. That is pitiful for the OWH, but so humorous for eOmaha :wink:

Post by Guest »

I got to say this here, I can't hold it in longer. You guys all do realize that the World-Herald may well have known about this as long or before everyone here did but because of the journalistic standards that they have to up hold, they couldn't report it any sooner. And one other thing, did the OWH scoop eOmaha by reporting the PacLife news that effectively ended the long and fruitless speculation that occurred on this site? I am sure many of you are well aware of what I am saying, but just thought I would put up a little bit of defense for the voiceless WH on this site. Don't get me wrong I think the Rumors forum is a great thing, but to put it in direct competition with the World-Herald is a tad unfair I would say.

And one other thing, great to hear that a higher quality of design is actually being implemented and not just talked about in Omaha. It is great step forward for sure.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

We are just having fun! :lol:
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

I think we all know that the OWH for legal reasons can't bandy about all these rumors until the appropriate papers are filed.

Most of us treat like the OWH, sure we make fun of it, but we still like it, and if anyone ELSE (non omahans) make fun of it, then we get upset and defend it.
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

IMO, the OWH has a tendency to report what it wants to, not what the people want them to. Of course, I could be biased, but I happen to own a small business in Omaha that's approached them several times about writing about us. However, has anyone here seen us in the OWH?

Of course, not - besides, do you really feel the OWH has "journalistic standards"? Give me a break - anyone in their right mind knows that any reporting agency, i.e., tv news, papers, radio, whatever, will always rush to spill the beans on news first. Journalistic standards - whatever :shock: