More Retail at Avaya

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Sodak
Home Owners Association

More Retail at Avaya

Post by Sodak »

I've been told by a contact at a commercial real estate broker that SuperTarget and Costco may end up on the east half of the Avaya front-lawn if a developer currently negotiating with Avaya/Connectivity Solutions is successfull in its negotiations. Talk about big box overkill......
DMRyan
Human Relations

Post by DMRyan »

At least it has a potential big box that's new to the market instead of the exact same same brand of store(s) saturating the market.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I'm surprised they didn't leave a little room for some outparcel restaurants (not that we need any more Applebee's or Chili's).

So does Costco have a history of going head to head with a tag team of Super Walmart/Sam's Club??
MrTwister
New to the Neighborhood

Post by MrTwister »

Yes they do. And they are quite successful against Wally world. Costco tends to cater to a higher demographic than Sam's Club.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I would rather see a Costco on 370... Sarpy needs some kind of 'big box draw'.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I honestly can't see that there would not be a clause in the lease that Sam's Club signed that would allow Costco in the same center. These are common in retail.

GReg
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

It's already a complete joke to have a super walmart and a sam's club as part of the development. It would be so, so laughable if super tarket built right next door.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Sodak
Home Owners Association

Post by Sodak »

Good thoughts everyone. I am a little skeptical myself. The Target at 132nd and Center is pretty close to this location and was extensively renovated. Woudl Target really put two stores so (relatively) close together? Also, I'm not sure L street could stand the increased traffic of additional retail in its current jury-rigged configuration.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The Target at 132nd and Center is pretty close to this location and was extensively renovated.
Albertsons just renovated all their stores, then closed them???