Westroads Development

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Re: Westroads Development

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I wonder what they would have done if they didn't get 100 likes.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I wonder what they would have done if they didn't get 100 likes.
Announce it anyways?
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

jessep28 wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I wonder what they would have done if they didn't get 100 likes.
Announce it anyways?
I am sure it was a rhetorical question...

Either way, its just yet another company jumping through hoops to play the stupid Facebook game. Make sure a bunch of people "like" your post or nobody will see it, unless you pay us a bunch of money.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

So to,save me from looking it up what is house of hoops in 10 words
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Basketball apparel ?
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Hula hoops and hula hoop accessories. They take a cutting edge approach to the industry by offering quality hula hoop products with the young professional adult male in mind.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Hula hoops and hula hoop accessories. They take a cutting edge approach to the industry by offering quality hula hoop products with the young professional adult male in mind.
Right up my alley.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Great!
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Hula hoops and hula hoop accessories. They take a cutting edge approach to the industry by offering quality hula hoop products with the young professional adult male in mind.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

Seriously?
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

A glorified Foot Locker... might just as well be a hula hoop store.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

It is official, 1200 Images, the art & frame store has relocated in Westroads to the Younker's end of the mall to make room for the basketball shoe store, but first the Mattress store is moving into the old art gallery location while they undergo a remodel & expansion into the old Icings/Claires spot.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Microsoft Store coming to Omaha

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140410/M ... g-to-omaha" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Janice Podsada / World-Herald staff writer wrote:Microsoft will open its first Nebraska retail store next month at Westroads Mall in Omaha.

The Microsoft Specialty Store will offer Windows Phones, Xbox One, Office products and other items.

The new store, opening May 15, will be in the mall's center court on the lower level and occupy a 400-square-feet kiosk, Westroads Senior General Manager Jim Sadler said.
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

So it's going to be out in the open area and not an actually retail bay?
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

That's a little strange...

Also, from what I've seen, it looks like work is under way where Spencer's, PacSun and another store once were for the incoming H&M.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

That's disappointing. It would have been nice to have a store whee I could pick up a copy of Windows Server 2012 if I needed it.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

They had help wanted ads on craigslist, but I can find it now...
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

That's lame. Microsoft Stores that occupy actual retail bays are very cool stores.
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

Sometimes the "Specialty Stores" (kiosks) are a precursor to a full store. The St. Louis Galleria had a kiosk before opening a regular store in the mall a few months later. Hopefully that's the case for Omaha!

It's also kind of a surprising location, since Microsoft tends to open stores very close to Apple stores. Personally, though, I'm glad to see it at Westroads rather than Village Pointe
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

That would be great if they actually opened a full store. It's also helpful that Microsoft has offices in Omaha. I'm glad it's not at VP. I haven't seen an outside Microsoft store before...maybe that's why.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Didn't I read in the W-H a few days back that Microsoft was opening a retail store on Central Court?
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

The OWH article was about the "Specialty Store," essentially a large kiosk, in Center Court at Westroads.
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

They have cleared the center court of all kiosks, most likely to make way for new flooring. It'll be interesting to see if they come back. The gold kiosk down by Younkers is moving into a store front, the old Cricket store near the food court.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

So there won't be as many kiosks staffed by Mossad agents from Israel?
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

schumatt wrote:Sometimes the "Specialty Stores" (kiosks) are a precursor to a full store.  The St. Louis Galleria had a kiosk before opening a regular store in the mall a few months later.  Hopefully that's the case for Omaha!

It's also kind of a surprising location, since Microsoft tends to open stores very close to Apple stores.  Personally, though, I'm glad to see it at Westroads rather than Village Pointe

I'm curious if the kiosk is a precursor to a full store at Crossroads once that's completed? Test the market to see if it's feasible here, and then move to a more tech-heavy development close to a university?
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

NEDodger wrote:
schumatt wrote:Sometimes the "Specialty Stores" (kiosks) are a precursor to a full store.  The St. Louis Galleria had a kiosk before opening a regular store in the mall a few months later.  Hopefully that's the case for Omaha!

It's also kind of a surprising location, since Microsoft tends to open stores very close to Apple stores.  Personally, though, I'm glad to see it at Westroads rather than Village Pointe

I'm curious if the kiosk is a precursor to a full store at Crossroads once that's completed?    Test the market to see if it's feasible here, and then move to a more tech-heavy development close to a university?

There's an idea.

The Bride
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I know there was talk about a larger Apple Store at Crossroads. Would think that either Apple or Microsoft tries to get an exclusivity clause in their lease.

Greg
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Didnt look too far to see if this has been discussed ,but overhaul of the food court in the works. Probably nothing that will light anyones hair on fire.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

NEDodger wrote:I'm curious if the kiosk is a precursor to a full store at Crossroads once that's completed?    Test the market to see if it's feasible here, and then move to a more tech-heavy development close to a university?

Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
Such kiosk-like stores will happen to sell a limited number of Microsoft related products including Surface tablets and Xbox One consoles among others. Should a location become popular, that particular specialty store could be upgraded to end up as a full retail location.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

*swish!*
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Ok, so the food court changes are a little more than I thought. The plan is to move the entire court to the back side between Younkers and the theater. Current court will get demolished for an undetermined future user.
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

So they are entirely moving the food court to make way for a new department store? Do they have someone signed and not disclosing the name or are they just demolishing it in hopes that they can get someone to build there?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Interesting. Basically where the TGI Friday's was then?
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

New food court has been rumored for a while. What I find amusing is that people still go up to Friday's like it's still open! The other rumor is that GGP is going after a very large jewelry store that currently is across West Dodge. Can't see that happening, but been wrong before. It would be interesting to see the gangstas try to hang out in there!
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

I thought I heated a rumor the BWW was going to open where TGI Fridays used to be. Am I wrong?
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

There may be more to the rumor of the Food Court moving. It seems that some "suits" have been looking around in the back room ceiling at 1200 Images (former location of As Seen on TV store). There are lots of pipes & other infrastructure belonging to Fridays. Hmmmm,very interesting
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

That would be interesting... Too bad, or maybe not, that it is not centralized. I'd have to weight the positives and negatives for that...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Hey Omaha, The Microsoft Specialty Store is coming to Westroads Mall May 15.

Celebrate our grand opening on May 15 at Westroads Mall with a special opening day deal! Get the Dell 8” tablet for $99 or a Surface for $199.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

debradomayer wrote:There may be more to the rumor of the Food Court moving. It seems that some "suits" have been looking around in the back room ceiling at 1200 Images (former location of As Seen on TV store). There are lots of pipes & other infrastructure belonging to Fridays. Hmmmm,very interesting
There must be a change design for the Food Court. They are going to do a $4 Mill. redesign of that area.
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

So they aren't going to move it the TGI Fridays area.