Whole Foods

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

the1wags
County Board
Posts: 3902
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Denver
Contact:

Postby the1wags » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:12 pm

I didn't realize that Jeff had posted pics on the 21st, now this isn't half as fun. :) Heres a pic I took yesterday, building looks really nice.

Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28672
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Postby Brad » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:29 pm

Looks great from the ground, but last time I drove down Dodge you could still see the funny looking roof?
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6430
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Whole Foods Market

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:46 pm

..Tommorrow Sept 21st..

From today's W-H:

'Nebraska's first Whole Foods Market will have those products and more when it opens at 9 a.m. Wednesday at 10020 Regency Circle, former site of the Burlington Coat Factory.

After Wednesday, hours at the store will be 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week. The store will employ about 150 people, most of them full time.

Similar natural and organic grocery and convenience foods can be found at Wild Oats Natural Marketplace, which has Omaha stores at 225 N. 170th St. and 7801 Dodge St.

Shoppers recently at Wild Oats on Dodge Street said they would visit Whole Foods, as well.

Whole Foods was founded in Austin, Texas, in 1980. It has grown from one store with a staff of 19 to more than 170 stores with more than 35,000 employees in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.'

The complete W-H story link:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2020983

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28672
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Postby Brad » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:25 pm

better late than never.

Image
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21081
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Postby Coyote » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:35 pm

Grocery store starts book club for Earth-conscious shoppers

Omaha World Herald wrote:Omaha's Whole Foods Market is launching "Novel Food: A Book Club for Foodies" next week. The first book is "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life" by Barbara Kingsolver. In this nonfiction work, Kingsolver discusses her personal relationship with food and details the year her family spent eating only food raised locally or by themselves on a farm in Virginia.
Image

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28672
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: Whole Foods

Postby Brad » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:48 am

Amazon is buying Whole Foods in a deal valued at $13.7 billion

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/16/amazon-i ... llion.html

CNBC wrote:Amazon said Friday it plans to acquire Whole Foods Market for $42 a share, in a deal valued at $13.7 billion.

Whole Foods' John Mackey will remain CEO of the grocery store chain after the deal closes, and the store will continue to operate under the Whole Foods brand.
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Whole Foods

Postby nebugeater » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:04 am

Interesting. Been some rumors of this I had been seeing for a while. Will enhance Amazon't ability to do home delivery of groceries.

Along with this, when it was rumored, I have seen rumors that Amazon may be looking at Acquiring Dish Network. That would create some interesting possibilities.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

bigredmed1
Home Owners Association
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Whole Foods

Postby bigredmed1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:36 pm

nebugeater wrote:Interesting. Been some rumors of this I had been seeing for a while. Will enhance Amazon't ability to do home delivery of groceries.

Along with this, when it was rumored, I have seen rumors that Amazon may be looking at Acquiring Dish Network. That would create some interesting possibilities.


They are buying a brand name, but will still face some challenges from Aldi's. Unless Amazon is going to go into negative profit "gas war" grocery pricing to push them back, they are going to continue to corrode the WF customer base and more importantly, eat the evolving base. People don't stay poor for ever. They may have shopped at Aldi's to buy cheap food, but now they are making more money and can buy organic fruit at Aldi's for 20% less than WF, they are going to stay there instead of migrating away like older generations.

Buying Dish Network opens up an interesting anti-trust issue. Given their online distribution channel, would regulators let them have both and online and satellite service?

User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2395
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Whole Foods

Postby jessep28 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Not my joke, but:

Jeff Bezos: Alexa, buy something from Whole Foods
Alexa: Okay, buying Whole Foods
Bezos: $#!*
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

debradomayer
Home Owners Association
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Whole Foods

Postby debradomayer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:54 pm

:lol:
jessep28 wrote:Not my joke, but:

Jeff Bezos: Alexa, buy something from Whole Foods
Alexa: Okay, buying Whole Foods
Bezos: $#!*

User avatar
michaelsjewel
Home Owners Association
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:04 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Whole Foods

Postby michaelsjewel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 pm

bigredmed1 wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Interesting. Been some rumors of this I had been seeing for a while. Will enhance Amazon't ability to do home delivery of groceries.

Along with this, when it was rumored, I have seen rumors that Amazon may be looking at Acquiring Dish Network. That would create some interesting possibilities.


They are buying a brand name, but will still face some challenges from Aldi's. Unless Amazon is going to go into negative profit "gas war" grocery pricing to push them back, they are going to continue to corrode the WF customer base and more importantly, eat the evolving base. People don't stay poor for ever. They may have shopped at Aldi's to buy cheap food, but now they are making more money and can buy organic fruit at Aldi's for 20% less than WF, they are going to stay there instead of migrating away like older generations.

Buying Dish Network opens up an interesting anti-trust issue. Given their online distribution channel, would regulators let them have both and online and satellite service?


aldi's? aldi's doesn't have nearly the selection of whole foods... I don't normally shop whole foods... but the fact that aldi's doesn't sell fresh whole ginger when i wanted to buy some meant I walked right out and it was a waste of my time. I will stick to trader joes... hyvee, natural grocers, and god forbid...walmart over aldi's.
What's simple is true...

Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Whole Foods

Postby Omaha_corn_burner » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:15 am

michaelsjewel wrote:aldi's? aldi's doesn't have nearly the selection of whole foods... I don't normally shop whole foods... but the fact that aldi's doesn't sell fresh whole ginger when i wanted to buy some meant I walked right out and it was a waste of my time. I will stick to trader joes... hyvee, natural grocers, and god forbid...walmart over aldi's.


Go to Fresh Thyme or one of the Asian markets.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6270
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Whole Foods

Postby nebugeater » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:04 am

I noticed for the first time when placing an Amazon order that it shows that I now have the option of delivery to an Amazon Locker. With my delivery address being Gretna is shows the Whole Foods in both Omaha and Lincoln as an option for delivery and pickup.

It will be interesting to see how the integration evolves. Have seen some discussion of Amazon getting into Prescription pharmacy business and part of the model would be using Whole Foods as a method of access.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!


Return to “Suburban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests