Whole Foods

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

I didn't realize that Jeff had posted pics on the 21st, now this isn't half as fun. :) Heres a pic I took yesterday, building looks really nice.

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Looks great from the ground, but last time I drove down Dodge you could still see the funny looking roof?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Whole Foods Market

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

..Tommorrow Sept 21st..

From today's W-H:

'Nebraska's first Whole Foods Market will have those products and more when it opens at 9 a.m. Wednesday at 10020 Regency Circle, former site of the Burlington Coat Factory.

After Wednesday, hours at the store will be 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week. The store will employ about 150 people, most of them full time.

Similar natural and organic grocery and convenience foods can be found at Wild Oats Natural Marketplace, which has Omaha stores at 225 N. 170th St. and 7801 Dodge St.

Shoppers recently at Wild Oats on Dodge Street said they would visit Whole Foods, as well.

Whole Foods was founded in Austin, Texas, in 1980. It has grown from one store with a staff of 19 to more than 170 stores with more than 35,000 employees in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.'

The complete W-H story link:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2020983

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

better late than never.

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Grocery store starts book club for Earth-conscious shoppers
Omaha World Herald wrote:Omaha's Whole Foods Market is launching "Novel Food: A Book Club for Foodies" next week. The first book is "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life" by Barbara Kingsolver. In this nonfiction work, Kingsolver discusses her personal relationship with food and details the year her family spent eating only food raised locally or by themselves on a farm in Virginia.
Brad
City Council

Re: Whole Foods

Post by Brad »

Amazon is buying Whole Foods in a deal valued at $13.7 billion

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/16/amazon-i ... llion.html
CNBC wrote:Amazon said Friday it plans to acquire Whole Foods Market for $42 a share, in a deal valued at $13.7 billion.

Whole Foods' John Mackey will remain CEO of the grocery store chain after the deal closes, and the store will continue to operate under the Whole Foods brand.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Interesting. Been some rumors of this I had been seeing for a while. Will enhance Amazon't ability to do home delivery of groceries.

Along with this, when it was rumored, I have seen rumors that Amazon may be looking at Acquiring Dish Network. That would create some interesting possibilities.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

nebugeater wrote:Interesting. Been some rumors of this I had been seeing for a while. Will enhance Amazon't ability to do home delivery of groceries.

Along with this, when it was rumored, I have seen rumors that Amazon may be looking at Acquiring Dish Network. That would create some interesting possibilities.
They are buying a brand name, but will still face some challenges from Aldi's. Unless Amazon is going to go into negative profit "gas war" grocery pricing to push them back, they are going to continue to corrode the WF customer base and more importantly, eat the evolving base. People don't stay poor for ever. They may have shopped at Aldi's to buy cheap food, but now they are making more money and can buy organic fruit at Aldi's for 20% less than WF, they are going to stay there instead of migrating away like older generations.

Buying Dish Network opens up an interesting anti-trust issue. Given their online distribution channel, would regulators let them have both and online and satellite service?
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Not my joke, but:

Jeff Bezos: Alexa, buy something from Whole Foods
Alexa: Okay, buying Whole Foods
Bezos: $#!*
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

:lol:
jessep28 wrote:Not my joke, but:

Jeff Bezos: Alexa, buy something from Whole Foods
Alexa: Okay, buying Whole Foods
Bezos: $#!*
michaelsjewel
Home Owners Association

Post by michaelsjewel »

bigredmed1 wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Interesting. Been some rumors of this I had been seeing for a while. Will enhance Amazon't ability to do home delivery of groceries.

They are buying a brand name, but will still face some challenges from Aldi's. Unless Amazon is going to go into negative profit "gas war" grocery pricing to push them back, they are going to continue to corrode the WF customer base and more importantly, eat the evolving base. People don't stay poor for ever. They may have shopped at Aldi's to buy cheap food, but now they are making more money and can buy organic fruit at Aldi's for 20% less than WF, they are going to stay there instead of migrating away like older generations.

Buying Dish Network opens up an interesting anti-trust issue. Given their online distribution channel, would regulators let them have both and online and satellite service?
aldi's? aldi's doesn't have nearly the selection of whole foods... I don't normally shop whole foods... but the fact that aldi's doesn't sell fresh whole ginger when i wanted to buy some meant I walked right out and it was a waste of my time. I will stick to trader joes... hyvee, natural grocers, and god forbid...walmart over aldi's.
What's simple is true...
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

michaelsjewel wrote:aldi's? aldi's doesn't have nearly the selection of whole foods... I don't normally shop whole foods... but the fact that aldi's doesn't sell fresh whole ginger when i wanted to buy some meant I walked right out and it was a waste of my time. I will stick to trader joes... hyvee, natural grocers, and god forbid...walmart over aldi's.
Go to Fresh Thyme or one of the Asian markets.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I noticed for the first time when placing an Amazon order that it shows that I now have the option of delivery to an Amazon Locker. With my delivery address being Gretna is shows the Whole Foods in both Omaha and Lincoln as an option for delivery and pickup.

It will be interesting to see how the integration evolves. Have seen some discussion of Amazon getting into Prescription pharmacy business and part of the model would be using Whole Foods as a method of access.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

https://www.omaha.com/money/businesses/ ... 988ac.html
Starting Wednesday, people in the Omaha area can use Amazon’s Prime Now service to order groceries and other household items to be delivered in as quick as an hour.

The service’s Prime members, who generally pay $119 a year for a stable of benefits, now can get same-day deliveries in the Omaha area from Whole Foods, which is owned by Amazon.

Omaha joins a list of 47 other cities that offer the “ultra-fast” delivery service. Detroit, Milwaukee, Orlando and St. Louis were among the other cities added to the same-day delivery list Wednesday. The company said it would continue to expand the service throughout the U.S. this year.

It works like this: You use the Prime Now app, or go to the Amazon Prime Now website, to choose items to add to your cart. On offer is essentially the whole grocery store: produce, bakery, dairy, frozen, floral, meats, alcohol and everyday staples. Then you pick a delivery time — as quick as within an hour, or in one- or two-hour windows within the next day or two.

“The real question is what can’t you get delivered?” the company said.

The Amazon spokeswoman told The World-Herald that Prime members can get their deliveries within an hour for a $7.99 fee, or choose two-hour delivery for no charge on orders of $35 or more.