SW Omaha expansion and growth

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

djc311
Parks & Recreation

SW Omaha expansion and growth

Post by djc311 »

I was also interested in finding out more details about some of the development taking place in my neck of the woods, out past 168th ST & Dodge to Center. What's all of the "stuff" going in right there on Dodge ST at 168th, not counting the Bed Bath & Beyond store (their banner is hanging up so I figured that one out)?

Then, by the new Upstream, I know one of Ted Turner's restaurants is slated to drop out there, as well as I now see signs advertising some place called Tivoli's and Roja (a Mexican place.)
sokkerdewd
Home Owners Association

Post by sokkerdewd »

That would be Village Pointe Mall...for more info, see the "Development" section on the front page of this website and scroll down to Village Pointe
sokkerdewd
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Glad you noticed something was going on at 168th and West Dodge !

It's Village Pointe... a 600,000 square foot 'lifestyle' mall (outside storefronts... like a giant One Pacific Place). It will have everything from a 16-screen theatre... to a Funny Bone comedy club... to several theme restaurants (including a Jimmy Buffett 'Chesseburgers in Paradise')... to, of course, many retail stores.

http://www.eomaha.com/gallery/develop/32/

http://www.reddevelopment.com
Brad
City Council

other parts of town

Post by Brad »

I drive by 168 and dodge every day and that area is impressive. However there are some great locations in midtown full of crappy rundown 50's 60's and 70's looking buildings ant need to be leveled and build some of these nice looking shops in midtown.