Street of Dreams: The Hamptons

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

papiostud
Home Owners Association

Street of Dreams: The Hamptons

Post by papiostud »

I dunno if anyone posted about this yet. Heck I didn't even know they started on The Hamptons out in 240th and Q (BFE). I'm sure I'll be checking it out tho.

http://www.moba.com/showsandtours.asp

Opens tomorrow! 8)
deebne
New to the Neighborhood

Post by deebne »

Here's a hilarious quote I found about the Street of Dreams locale!

Metro Omaha Builder's spokesperson Lisa Frey tells KFAB, although the drive is a little further this year, The Hamptons is definitely worth seeing. She says, the development is full of natural trees, and even a few homes were built around existing trees. The environmentally friendly home development tour opens this Saturday, beginning at noon and runs through the 30th of July.

I'm sure the developers wanted to place un-natural trees in the SID.
:roll: :P
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Where did that come from MTO?

I did a website for the street of dreams a few years back when I had my own business.

lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

That's why I bought in midtown. 100 year old trees and my house cost a LOT less than $500K - $1M.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Where did that come from MTO?
What are you talking about?
Anyone go yet? I'll pry make it there before its done, I hope it cools off by then though. I've been the last few years and they had too much walking. I hope its a lot more consolidated this time.
15-17, 26, 32
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Next year will feature "12" homes. I'll be heading out to this years sunday. Hoping it stays cool. 8)
15-17, 26, 32
j4nu
Home Owners Association

Post by j4nu »

I ventured out the first Saturday. Although there were fewer homes, I found this years houses and neighborhood far better than the previous year.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

My fav this year was the house at the top of the first hill, awesome.
15-17, 26, 32
j4nu
Home Owners Association

Post by j4nu »

Was that the one with the pool? That was my fav.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Yup. I would have loved to show my PETA friends that house with all the dead animals in the basement.
15-17, 26, 32
greenbuilder
Home Owners Association

What a waste of money

Post by greenbuilder »

Public Pulse commentary on the environmental impact of new homes/reference to the Street of Dreams (see 'Big, flashy houses')

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=610&u_rnd=7899696
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Street of Dreams homes are ready at last

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2314632
Water and sewer service for the Hamptons subdivision is operational, and Douglas County has started issuing certificates of occupancy for completed homes.

Occupancy of homes priced from $600,000 to more than $1 million at 234th and Q Streets - the scene of the 2006 Street of Dreams builders' home tour - had been delayed for months because of the lack of water and sewer service.
When the suit was filed in October, the developer's representative said the delays resulted from a new opportunity to connect to the City of Omaha's sewer system. That required the system to be redesigned and equipment to be ordered.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Street of Dreams: The Hamptons

Post by Coyote »

Street of Dreams: South Hamptons - July 19 - August 3.
G Lee Homes
Grace Custom Homes
The Home Company
Homestead Custom Homes
Majestic Homes
MK Builders.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Street of Dreams: South Hamptons - July 19 - August 3.
I was just out there this morning. What a difference a week makes. Last week all the contractors were scrambling to finish, delivery trucks everywhere, no sod in the yards yet. Today all the sod was laid, designers finishing up the little details, tent set up for the party tonight.

Its a nice SID along the Elkhorn River. There are no river views like the original Hamptons (north of this SID). Very wooded and wildlife everywhere, turkey, deer, etc. I am looking forward to seeing the houses this evening.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

We went to the "Industry Night Party" tonight at the Street of Dreams. MOBA/PlanIt Omaha did a good job putting it on.

The houses had cool things, but there wasn't a single one where I said "Wow, this is awesome". They all had their cool parts and things I would love to have, but there wasn't one complete house I loved. Since they are in the 650,000 - 700,000 range, they won't ever be anything I will live in anyways.

The two coolest things tonight....

1. Got to take my photo with a Budweiser Clydesdale!

2. The real life "Tonka Truck".
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

Brad, agreed. Nothing special. The last 2 years have been snoozers. House #6 in my opinion was close to being Street of Dreams quality. What makes me mad is that there were no plans in the book - I know such a stupid thing to be mad about. But hey, I collect those plans, you need one, I probably have it!!!
Brad wrote:We went to the "Industry Night Party" tonight at the Street of Dreams.  MOBA/PlanIt Omaha did a good job putting it on.

The houses had cool things, but there wasn't a single one where I said "Wow, this is awesome".  They all had their cool parts and things I would love to have, but there wasn't one complete house I loved.  Since they are in the 650,000 - 700,000 range, they won't ever be anything I will live in anyways.

The two coolest things tonight....

1.  Got to take my photo with a Budweiser Clydesdale!

2.  The real life "Tonka Truck".
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Highlands Ridge will have a Grand Opening and BBQ this Saturday at 12104 S 214th, Gretna.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

We just went today... we agreed they were a bit of a snooze I think it has been a downgrade. No pools, theater rooms were cheap, no indoor basketball courts and back yard space was very basic. I never felt like it was a "dream" house. There were features we liked but could easy replicate