New Target at Crossroads?

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

New Target at Crossroads?

Post by eomaha »

This would presumably be one of their multi-level stores, given space situation at Crossroads. Perhaps a refreshing change for the better in Omaha big boxes (especially in light of the flood of Super Walmarts).

World Herald story: http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u ... id=1044888
Rob
Home Owners Association

Post by Rob »

Target has mastered the ability to fit multi-level stores in tighter urban environments. No doubt this location will be a multi-level design as well. There is a Target near my house which is housed in a former Montgomery Ward store. Target uses shopping cart escalators which transport your cart beside your moving escalator to assist customers in moving from floor to floor with their merchandise. Really a neat idea.

Anyway...glad to see Target sees this intersection as viable. It continues to show what an important corridor 72nd Street is for Omaha.
j4nu
Home Owners Association

Post by j4nu »

I wonder if this is an addition to the mall or perhaps one of the other anchors is moving out.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I suppose another less appealing scenario is (although I guess it fills a vacant big box)... that they simply go into/expand the Circuit City box... which could be considered the 72nd and Dodge area.
Minneapolis Boy
Library Board

Post by Minneapolis Boy »

There's a multi-level Target in downtown Minneapolis. The cart escalator is a cool addition.