Firebirds at VP

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Firebirds at VP

Post by Coyote »

Can't remember if this has been posted:
Firebirds to open first Nebraska eatery

Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill, an upscale restaurant serving aged, hand-cut steaks, prime rib and fresh seafood, will open its first Nebraska location next spring at Village Pointe.

Firebirds is the 46th retail tenant signed and the 11th restaurant or specialty food merchant to come to the outdoor shopping mall at 168th Street and West Dodge Road.

The 78-acre mall, which opened in May, has a capacity of 55 to 60 retail, dining and entertainment tenants.

Construction of the 8,000- square-foot restaurant northwest of Village Pointe, which will be visible from West Dodge Road, is set to begin later this month .

Firebirds, modeled on a Colorado lodge, will feature high vaulted ceilings, exposed beams, a stone fireplace, an open-air kitchen with wood-burning grills, wood-fired pizza ovens and rotisseries.

Based in Charlotte, N.C., there are currently six locations in Arizona, North Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee.
http://www.firebirdsrockymountaingrill.com/
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

To me, it seems like Village Pointe is getting WAY too many restaurants and not enough retail. I'm a little dissapointed in what Village Point has turned out to be.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

That's the whole lifestyle center premise... along with the theatre and Funny Bone. My wife went to their tenant meeting yesterday morning... they have hired on the firm which decorates such high profile locations as Rockefeller Center... to do their holiday season decor... which will apparently be quite impressive (including a 40 foot tree). Keep in mind too... most of these restaurants are outparcels. They still have probably 10 openings on 'mainstreet' to occupy. I'm sure there will be more retail store tenants to come.
SychoBC
Home Owners Association

Post by SychoBC »

They knew with the traffic and road closings that it wouldn't be the best thing if all of their lots were filled before the holidays, but expected them all to be filled by march. Along with that press release above they gave out tenants, a map of proposed store locations.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I don't think StreetsofOmaha has even made it in to a Wild Oats yet. I know he'd love it. :)

Cheeseburgers is a nice place. I didn't think the food was anything spectacular... but obviously live music in the suburbs is always a plus. Given how relatively rare they are thus far... Omaha should be proud to have one of these unique restaurants nonetheless.

I don't know if anyone has noticed... but many of these other new upscale restaurants coming are fairly exclusive in the markets they are represented in (not just at Village Pointe... but some of the other new offerings coming to Omaha in general).

Also, Village Pointe has done a great job of scheduling an interesting variety of live music/events as well.

As for Cormac... I can't say that I've been to impressed with what they've brought to Legacy... aside from drawing local businesses (don't get me wrong... it's good to have a mix... and I'd like to see some more local restaurants in particular succeed in the suburbs alongside this rush of national chains). One would think they'd start to be getting the notice of national retailers however... given the scale of some of their projects, like One Corbin Park in KC.
lonnie
Library Board

Firebirds

Post by lonnie »

Does it look like Firebirds is going in to the pad located just east of Mimi's Cafe?
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

My wife was at the tenant meeting when they discussed it... and she said it would indeed be going adjacent Mimi's. I noticed they were doing some outparcel site prep on the southwest corner... but it looks too small for a restaurant like this.
SychoBC
Home Owners Association

Post by SychoBC »

I'll ask the Manager of VP, when I go into work tomorrow, what is going in behind the theater and where Firebirds is going.
Kristi
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Kristi »

I am really excited about "The Shops of Legacy." I am curious what everyone would like to see added to the list of tenants. It has a great location and layout not to mention an appealing design. It is going to be very nice when all of the land is developed. Here is a link to the current list of tenants. http://www.bearproperties.biz/tenants.htm

West O has so many choices for whatever it is you are looking for... shopping... eating...more shopping! What more could a person ask for except maybe a place where a dog can pull up a bar stool and order a bite to eat off a menu filled with lots of goodies? : ) and maybe a place where they can run leash free and meet new furry friends... yes, I happen to be a dog lover.

The other thing we really need in West Omaha is a nice hotel (like a "W" Hotel with heavenly beds). I think there would be a need for this with so much development taking place.

OK, I am curious, is anyone else having problems with this site? My screen has eomaha.com everywhere!
Fashion advisor to the Haute Pooch pupulation.
http://www.luxepetboutique.com
DMRyan
Human Relations

Post by DMRyan »

It's subliminal propaganda to keep you coming back.

See this thread for more information:
http://www.eomaha.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... hlight=dos
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I sent you an email Kristi... asking through which domain name you might be accessing eomaha.com? Sometimes 'name' servers out there get screwed up and point another domain (like absolutedsm.com!) to eomaha.com. I see one fellow comes back consistently through mutualfundswatch.com... which is a domain I hosted several years ago for some Charles Schwab wannabe. :)

As long as everyone comes in through the domain name eomaha.com ... everything should display fine.

-- -- -----------
And check out Kristi's cool business ... pet spa and pooch parties! I have no doubt the area demographics will ensure the success of this unique offering. By the way, I think one of the things which makes the Shops of Legacy great... IS the local presence.

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

"I don't think StreetsofOmaha has even made it in to a Wild Oats yet. I know he'd love it. "

I do love it. I've been there quite a few times.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963