Oakview update

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

Oakview update

Post by eomaha »

Anyone who has driven through the back corner of Oakview will have noticed the Babies R Us sign is up (between the Dick's Sporting Goods and AMC 24)... plus the 'moving sale' going on at Best Buy (yes... they are indeed moving to Village Pointe... not opening a new location as some were hoping).
omahaopinions.com
Home Owners Association

Post by omahaopinions.com »

That really blows that Best Buy is moving from Oak View to Village Pointe. It seemed that both the current stores were doing excellent business and were far enough apart as far as driving distance is concerned. I can't believe with the size our metro area is, that we only have two Best Buys in town........ Now I'm going to have to drive about 20 minutes to get to a Best Buy! :cry:
OmahaOpinions.com - Express your opinions!
Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

There is realy a third best buy in town (or soon will be) in C.B. between Home Depot and Toys'R'Us in lake manawa. This part of C.B. has realy helped the people of eastern Omaha where there is no room to develop new shopping areas.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I think the move positions Best Buy better for the opening of a Sarpy County store. I'd look for one at Papillion Promenade.
Sodak
Home Owners Association

Post by Sodak »

Best Buy will definitely build another store. Papillion Promenade is a strong possibility.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Consider they already have established a relationship with RED Development at Village Pointe.

A Costco and Best Buy would really get Papillion Promenade off the ground. Hopefully we'll hear some news in the near future.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

I work at the best buy that is moving to Village Point and we are all really excited about the move.

The new store will be twice the size of the one at Oakview and will have a new layout called 6.1. The layout we have right now is 3.2 so it's time for an update.

Also, Best Buy is redirecting it's focus. It will no longer be building tons of stores. (we will still get new bestbuys but not in the rate of the past)

We are instead, focusing on the customers we have and growing that.