Nebraska Crossing Outlet Mall(Gretna)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: Nebraska Crossing Outlet Mall(Gretna)

Post by RNcyanide »

Looks like they've agreed on a North Face, Express, and medical uniform store.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

RNcyanide wrote:....and medical uniform store.
That should be interesting.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

How odd. I actually buy scrubs for those days you just don't like getting out of your pajamas but have ßhit to do.
15-17, 26, 32
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

But...but... this place is dying, right? :lol:
No posts exist for this topic
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Looks like all the approvals necessary for the expansion are complete. Building to start soon with the new space to be ready in the spring of 2016

http://www.dcpostgazette.com/gretnaguid ... e5af6.html

Key points from articel
Six new buildings - total of 70,500 sq feet added
One two story , 24,000 sq ft building where the Roundabout is.

Restaurant sites that were proposed seem to be off the table.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

MadMartin8 wrote:But...but... this place is dying, right? :lol:
Wrong its not dying this year or next but in about 5 years!
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

When Nebraska Crossings clears out in 5 years maybe the flea market currently located in the old Bakers on 136th & Q could move out there. :sly:
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Guys, real estate mogul G-pa Smucker updated the time he sees the mall being viable from less than a year to about six total years. That's like a 600% increase in viability! :banana: :banana:
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:But...but... this place is dying, right? :lol:
Wrong its not dying this year or next but in about 5 years!
I'll just go ahead and believe that this prediction is as valid as the rest of your predictions.
No posts exist for this topic
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

North Face is set to open next Friday, August 28th.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Here is an interesting read that is mostly about the Outlet mall in Gretna. It is a trade publication artical that I stumbled across with a google search and by chance it was just published. Good insight into what data they are gathering with their app, how they use it, and in addition some numbers of people flow that are built into the story.

Not a real short piece but it was interesting to me. There is an intersting graphic in the story text too that at first I though was an ad but was actually some good information.

https://nrf.com/news/shopping-the-heartland

Here are a couple of excerpts
One outlet mall seems to be nailing it, creatively using technology, building strategic relationships with brands and drawing loyal shoppers all the way out to Gretna, Neb. Yes, Gretna, located about halfway between Omaha and Lincoln and with a population of less than 6,000 people in 2013, the year Nebraska Crossing Outlets opened. There was an outlet mall previously on the same property, but that mall, with stores including the requisite Bugle Boy and a beef jerky shop, featured more empty storefronts than bargains. Developer Rod Yates of OTB Destinations looked at the space and envisioned something new — something that might foster a sense of excitement, with a digital platform that could be its calling card.
“Success at Nebraska Crossing Outlets starts with the mentality of how we want to change the customer experience,” Yates says. “We view our outlet center as a laboratory, and we can experiment with many different actions relating to technology and data mining. Next-generation malls have technologists and data scientists as part of the mall staffing. … Ultimately, I think this will be a platform any marketing director of any shopping center can use. But we’re still early on.” So far, so good. Since its opening, NEX has surpassed expectations in virtually every way. In its first year, the mall saw $140 million in sales, thanks to brand names like Under Armour, Nike, Brooks Brothers, Coach, Michael Kors and Kate Spade. A $15 million expansion that will add 70,500 square feet of retail space is already underway.

It was a late Saturday afternoon at month’s end, past the typical hours of heaviest traffic, and the Kate Spade store at Nebraska Crossing Outlets was behind on its monthly goals. Johanna Boston, the mall’s director of marketing, had often told store manager Jennifer Yeshnowski she was there to help at any time. So Yeshnowski dropped by the office and asked if anything could be done to draw customers into the store. “Kate Spade already had a great deal going that day,” Boston says. “It was 60 percent off the entire store, and an extra 20 percent off handbags and wallets. Within 15 minutes, we got the offer up on Facebook and had it loaded onto the Nebraska Crossing app.” By the time the store closed, it had done an additional $12,000 in business, blowing well beyond its monthly sales goal. Customers told store employees they’d seen the promotion on social media and the app, and it had been their reason for coming in.
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

How is Nebraska Crossing not failing? Its an outlet mall yet the prices are outrageous. I would rather just go to Westroads and shop.
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote:How is Nebraska Crossing not failing? Its an outlet mall yet the prices are outrageous. I would rather just go to Westroads and shop.
What prices are outrageous? I have admittedly only been to the Levi's and Nike stores and they were really cheap. Plus, an outlet mall creates sort of a destination between Omaha and Lincoln that a normal mall could not.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote:How is Nebraska Crossing not failing? Its an outlet mall yet the prices are outrageous. I would rather just go to Westroads and shop.
This only has been mentioned like 8000000 times, but not every store is a true outlet/factory store. Coach, Polo, Swaravski, and Under Armour are full price stores. Now places like Fossil, Banana Republic, Express, Adidas, Nike, and Brooks Brothers are true outlets. If a 50%+ discount on a 100$+ item is outrageous to you, you have other more pressing needs than shopping.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

RNcyanide wrote:
This only has been mentioned like 8000000 times, but not every store is a true outlet/factory store. Coach, Polo, Swaravski, and Under Armour are full price stores. Now places like Fossil, Banana Republic, Express, Adidas, Nike, and Brooks Brothers are true outlets. If a 50%+ discount on a 100$+ item is outrageous to you, you have other more pressing needs than shopping.

I usually have gotten some great deals at Under Armour. A lot cheaper there than any of the stores in town for UA stuff.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Whatever I look at, usually their shorts and tanks, I can find similar and cheaper at Nike and Adidas.

The Bride
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Le Creuset will be opening a store in NEX.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Coyote wrote:Le Creuset will be opening a store in NEX.
Well there goes my 401k
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Linkin5 wrote:
Coyote wrote:Le Creuset will be opening a store in NEX.
Well there goes my 401k
Yeah, this may be one of the few stores I will visit on a regular basis at NEX...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

RNcyanide wrote:Whatever I look at, usually their shorts and tanks, I can find similar and cheaper at Nike and Adidas.
I think it depends on the day.. I found a couple running shirts on sale a couple dollars cheaper than Nike but I am sure another day Nike would have something on sale cheaper.
Last edited by Uffda on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

A few weeks ago I made the mistake of going there during one of those Back To School weekends. The place was MOBBED! I ended up parking, literally, in the North 40! When I left they had a cop out there directing traffic just to get everybody in/out of there!

It's most definitely not failing!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've been getting better deals at Columbia and Under Armour than I do at Westroads.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Like what has happened with the NEX mall over the last two years but this early request is not needed.

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/nebrask ... a16f6.html
The sprawling site of Nebraska Crossing Outlets is unavoidable for drivers coming out of Omaha.
But the mall’s developer claims that its exit sneaks up on drivers, particularly those coming from the other way.
Now, in an effort to get more signage along the Interstate, he’s asking officials to consider changing part of Highway 6 to a name such as "Outlet Way" or "NEX Outlets Drive."
“You get people coming into our management office and telling us they wish they would’ve had signage. They had to go down 10 miles (to Highway 370) and turn around,” he said.
Last I checked it was 7 and not 10 miles
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

So 14 miles roundtrip?

Greg
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Take a look at the locations area of Ikea's web site. There are a number of IKEA Ways, IKEA Drives, IKEA Courts, etc. Have ANY of you EVER been driving and your wife says "Oooooh. Look dear, that's IKEA Way! Let's turn here and shop! What is that giant blue and yellow building? Where's the IKEA?"

Sometimes the more the moronic idea the likelier it happens.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I see no issue at all with this request.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

iamjacobm wrote:I see no issue at all with this request.

I too have no issue with the request. I just think it is the wrong location for it. As I read the story it says that the signs on the Interstate will not be changed unless the road name is changed. If I read it correct if the change is made then the signs on the interstate would change. Probable is they would no longer say Hwy 6 / 31. IF they do not say the actual Hwy numbers it solves the NEX issue but creates an issue for many others.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Ahh I thought thy just wanted to throw NEX Outlets on the sign alon with the other info.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

iamjacobm wrote:Ahh I thought thy just wanted to throw NEX Outlets on the sign alon with the other info.

As I read it it is one or the other and not both. Of course I may be reading it wrong too.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Honestly I didn't read it. Didn't realize you can't change the sign w/o changing the street name.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

10 years from now when this mall has fizzled out and the only shop left is a used furniture store then what are we going to change the roads name too? Huh? :lafcry:
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:10 years from now when this mall has fizzled out and the only shop left is a used furniture store then what are we going to change the roads name too? Huh? :lafcry:

When that happens I heard they will change it to GRANDPASMUCKER'S WAY.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:10 years from now when this mall has fizzled out and the only shop left is a used furniture store then what are we going to change the roads name too? Huh? :lafcry:
Guys, were up to 10 years now! An increase of 4 years from CAPSLOCKSMUCKER's last prediction!
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

I might suggest they invest in a "Nebraska Crossing Mall - This Exit" billboard.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omababe wrote:I might suggest they invest in a "Nebraska Crossing Mall - This Exit" billboard.

Don't claim to know the specifics but billboards are pretty regulated any more. That may not be an option to add Bilboards.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

nebugeater wrote:
Omababe wrote:I might suggest they invest in a "Nebraska Crossing Mall - This Exit" billboard.
Don't claim to know the specifics but billboards are pretty regulated any more. That may not be an option to add Bilboards.
If they can permit that one for that stupid "Gentlemens Club" they can surely find a way to permit one for a mall!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Omababe wrote:
nebugeater wrote:
If they can permit that one for that stupid "Gentlemens Club" they can surely find a way to permit one for a mall!

Which one are you talking about? I can't think of one in that area.

Greg
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Greg S wrote:
Omababe wrote:
nebugeater wrote:

Which one are you talking about? I can't think of one in that area.

Greg
The only one I can think of is the one between Waverly and Lincoln on US 6.

The Bride
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

RNcyanide wrote:The only one I can think of is the one between Waverly and Lincoln on US 6.
The one I am thinking of is that obnoxious one on 480 as you approach downtown. It gives a real great impression of the area to those visiting ... NOT!
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

The impression that Omahans have sex? :roll:
OMA-->CHI-->NYC