Nebraska Crossing Outlet Mall(Gretna)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

Re: Nebraska Crossing Outlet Mall(Gretna)

Post by Greg S »

Drove by Saturday Night on the way home from the Husker game. Was surprised how many cars there were in the lot at 8:15PM. Good sign for this place.

Greg
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

I'm glad to see it doing well. Hopefully a lot of the traffic is from I-80 traffic and people who would not normally stop in the metro, rather than stealing from other retail locations.

I wonder how many people use it as a meeting spot/parking when they carpool to the game? I've done that before for trips to Lincoln.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

GetUrban wrote:I'm glad to see it doing well. Hopefully a lot of the traffic is from I-80 traffic and people who would not normally stop in the metro, rather than stealing from other retail locations.

I wonder how many people use it as a meeting spot/parking when they carpool to the game? I've done that before for trips to Lincoln.
We used it as a halfway spot when my friends and I went to the Katy Perry concert.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

GetUrban wrote:I'm glad to see it doing well. Hopefully a lot of the traffic is from I-80 traffic and people who would not normally stop in the metro, rather than stealing from other retail locations.

Stealing from other retail locations..... Really? That is called competition and it is a good thing.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

nebugeater wrote:

Stealing from other retail locations..... Really?    That is called competition and it is a good thing.
Sure, competition is a good thing, until you end up with empty storefronts, abandoned strip malls, or malls re-purposed into telemarketing centers or what have you. Plus you end up with neighborhoods with no nearby retail at all. An overall increase in retail revenue is much better for a city than simply moving it to a different location. On the other hand, things need to be kept up to date to remain competitive.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I agree, competition is good. I am also glad though that it seems to be drawing new business and shoppers to the area. Both by capturing travelers and by holding some dollars here that used to go elsewhere. I've posted before, we used to hit the outlet stores at the Legends in KC but now there's no point. We dropped that from our stops when we go to KC.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Looks like Pieocracy Pizza, announced before the originally opening as OPENING SOON will actually be opening in November.

Also opening:
GO! ( a convenience store type place)
Vera Bradley
BareMinerals

http://www.omaha.com/money/new-addition ... 012e0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

nebugeater wrote:Looks like Pieocracy Pizza, announced before the originally opening as OPENING SOON will actually be opening in November.

Also opening:
GO!  ( a convenience store type place)
Vera Bradley
BareMinerals

Also - Beauty First has closed

http://www.omaha.com/money/new-addition ... 012e0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I was there last Friday afternoon. Was surprised at how many people were there.

Greg
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Greg S wrote:I was there last Friday afternoon.  Was surprised at how many people were there.
Actually, I have been impressed with the visible cars at many times and the foot traffic when I go there. With Bare Minerals opening there it will save me a trip to JCP.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Vera Bradley's Grand Opening is tomorrow (Wednesday, November 12th)
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Sshhhhh. Don't tell grandpa. :D

Visits at Nebraska Crossing exceeded expectations by more than a million shoppers in the first year of operation at the outlets. They opened to great fanfare in November 2013. Crowds have continued to come. Mitten said the car counters average about 135,000 vehicles each year. Shoppers there spend about $80 per transaction, according to Mitten.

“I think we were projecting maybe 3 million visitors the first year,” said Mitten, “We thought it was going to be maybe 100-150 mile radius. Now it's about 200 miles. So we're seeing people from Des Moines. Sioux Falls is a huge market for us, North Kansas City, and all the way out to western Nebraska.”

http://www.jrn.com/kmtv/news/Nebraska-C ... 35111.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

After watching that story sounds like the things most shoppers want are more food options. I definitely think that would help the area. That was my big complaint a year ago. If they could add a few nice sit down restaurants, they would have an even bigger leg up on the Williamsburg outlets in Iowa.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Uffda wrote:Sshhhhh. Don't tell grandpa.  :D

Visits at Nebraska Crossing exceeded expectations by more than a million shoppers in the first year of operation at the outlets. They opened to great fanfare in November 2013. Crowds have continued to come. Mitten said the car counters average about 135,000 vehicles each year. Shoppers there spend about $80 per transaction, according to Mitten.

“I think we were projecting maybe 3 million visitors the first year,” said Mitten, “We thought it was going to be maybe 100-150 mile radius. Now it's about 200 miles. So we're seeing people from Des Moines. Sioux Falls is a huge market for us, North Kansas City, and all the way out to western Nebraska.”

http://www.jrn.com/kmtv/news/Nebraska-C ... 35111.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But...but... IT'S FAILING! I didn't see a lot of cars as I was driving by at 3:30am!

:;): :P
No posts exist for this topic
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Wow, sounds like a large expansion is nearing reality. North Face would be really popular.

http://journalstar.com/business/local/g ... ddaba.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Here is the current map showing the expansion:
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I wonder if that parking deck that they talked about would be a part of this. Where they are placing these buildings would cut into parking lots it looks like.

Edit: Beat me to it skinsfan.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

iamjacobm wrote:I wonder if that parking deck that they talked about would be a part of this.  Where they are placing these buildings would cut into parking lots it looks like.
Hopefully they would expand parking in some way, especially around the holiday shopping time. If its anything like last year, there will be cars parking all over the grass and everywhere they can find a spot.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

H&M is finalizing plans on putting a 2 story? building at NEX.
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

Any word on a nordstroms rack? I know that was rumored and I'm sure that would be very popular in Omaha.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Coyote wrote:H&M is finalizing plans on putting a 2 story? building at NEX.
GET OUT.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:Rod Gates of NEX said the 200 seat stand alone restaurant will be open by March Madness: a hint again as a Sports Bar/Restaurant?
heard another rumor today, it may be an Oscar's.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Borsheims closes Nebraska Crossing store after 'disappointing' recent sales
Borsheims has closed its Nebraska Crossing Outlets store after seeing “disappointing” holiday and first-quarter sales at the Gretna location. They said some outlet shoppers were unfamiliar with how Borsheims prices represent a discount without an advertised markdown. The boutique also had to rotate merchandise and create sales events more frequently to meet outlet shoppers’ expectations.
With more than half the shop’s customer base overlapping with the Regency Court flagship store in central Omaha, “it was almost like it was too close,” Goracke said Thursday night, speaking to a group of sales professionals at a networking event.
...but Yates said Thursday that the new tenant is a retailer that shoppers request frequently.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

If that's the first failure they've had in this long, then NEX is still doing really well.

The Bride
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I always thought that was an odd fit. Never went into that store anytime I was out there.

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Yeah I agree RNcyanide. The mall has been open for over 18 months and that is the first store that has closed. Not too bad. When you look at other shopping centers you see stores close all the time during the first year. Plus, as the article mentions, they already have another store lined up to fill the space.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Greg S wrote:I always thought that was an odd fit. Never went into that store anytime I was out there.

Greg

Agreed. I just don't think a jewelry store like Borsheims fits in a place like Nebraska Crossing.
No posts exist for this topic
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Clever timing NEX, North Face was announced.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Spinning this my way we could say that Warren Buffett now agrees with me that this mall is going to lose big time money before the end of the day. :shock:
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

According to the story about North Face, the center is now 100% leased.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

That was a fantastic get for the mall. When they do their expansion, I'm hoping for Timberland and Vans.

Greg
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

From article

She also announced two other stores. Express Factory Outlet, opening in July, sells clothing and accessories targeted to 20- to 30-year-old men and women.
The Fragrance Outlet, aiming to open Memorial Day weekend, sells designer brand perfume including Calvin Klein, Hermes and Coach.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Calvin Klein rock on \m/!
15-17, 26, 32
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Saw the expansion would be an additional 23%. Would that be roughly 75,000 sq. feet?

It does not seem like they really planned for expansion with the original design. Will be interesting to see how it looks.

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Found this interesting:
Yates collects monthly sales data from tenants and said he now looks to add tenants that sell in excess of $1,000 a month per square foot, while phasing out the center’s lowest-performing stores. (By comparison, Westroads Mall as a whole saw sales of about $480 per square foot in 2014, according to the Lerner Co., considered strong sales for a regional mall.)
It sounds like the retail demand is stronger than a restaurant and they are scrapping the plans for a sit-down restaurant.
Last edited by skinzfan23 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

And here is the image provided by the World Herald for the expansion:
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I saw in an article in the paper that H&M is opening an outlet there.

The Bride
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Looks like they are trying to expand without needing any land they don't already own. Makes sense.

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

RNcyanide wrote:I saw in an article in the paper that H&M is opening an outlet there.
I am not sure if that is final yet, it sounded like they were possibly wrapping things up with them and they desired to have H&M.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:H&M is finalizing plans on putting a 2 story? building at NEX.
24K SF should start soon.