84th & Park Drive

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

WHCSC
New to the Neighborhood

84th & Park Drive

Post by WHCSC »

I heard that there is going to be a strip mall going in where the vacant gas station is and that it will include Jimmy Johns and Starbucks. Anyone else hear anything?
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

It's all news to me, but the corner does look bare, with no Walgreens or Starbucks located there.  It could use a kick in the pants.
WHCSC
New to the Neighborhood

Post by WHCSC »

The vacant gas station and car wash are coming down right now. It looks better already.

Post by Guest »

There is also a sign hanging near there that states that Jimmy Johns, Pepperjax Grill and a Coffee Shop (forgot the name) are going to be built there.  Finally a JJ close enough to deliver to me.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Nice to see this corner get a re-vamp.  However, I will always miss the movie theatre and Captain Video.

Post by Guest »

That is awesome that they are building JJ.  I live right nearby there.[/u]
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Not only are they building a Jimmy Johns.... The are also building a PepperJax!!!

"Just in Thyme" cafe moved to where the old pets store was, and Ronco construction has starting remodeling the old Just in thyme.  If I had to guess Pepperjax is going there and Jimmy johns is building a freestanding but that is just my guess. I have seen no signs for starbucks. or movement on the old gas station lot.

Current Tennents include:

Zenon hair school
Brerwskey sports bar
Park Drive Bottle Shop (brewskey's liquor store)
Just in Thyme Cafe
Chrome Lounge
and some other smaller shops.

With the JJ and Pepperjax addition this is going to be a great little corner.
Hoop
Home Owners Association

Post by Hoop »

Actually the old Justin Thyme is being remodeled for a new Spaghetti Works, apparently the current location has fallen to disrepair and the landlord has not been very easy to work with, so they are moving across the street.  I would assume JJ's and Pepperjacks will occupy a new plaza on the corner.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Hoop wrote:Actually the old Justin Thyme is being remodeled for a new Spaghetti Works, apparently the current location has fallen to disrepair and the landlord has not been very easy to work with, so they are moving across the street.  I would assume JJ's and Pepperjacks will occupy a new plaza on the corner.
Interesting!
theurge
Home Owners Association

Post by theurge »

Actually there is a new Jimmy Johns on 108th & Q - I wonder if the plan is to still build a JJ on Park Drive or if this is where it was really supposed to go.

edit: I missed the post that "Guest" posted.  Interesting.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Hoop wrote:Actually the old Justin Thyme is being remodeled for a new Spaghetti Works, apparently the current location has fallen to disrepair and the landlord has not been very easy to work with, so they are moving across the street.  I would assume JJ's and Pepperjacks will occupy a new plaza on the corner.
Wow, you are not kidding.  We went to Spaghetti Works and that place has gone to ****.  There are even signs warning you about the uneven floors (which literally move up and down).
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

theurge wrote:Actually there is a new Jimmy Johns on 108th & Q - I wonder if the plan is to still build a JJ on Park Drive or if this is where it was really supposed to go.

edit: I missed the post that "Guest" posted.  Interesting.
There is a sign out front that has all three logos.  There are also 2 different construction companies on site now, one on each end of the lot.
Bugeater
Library Board

Post by Bugeater »

joeglow wrote:
Wow, you are not kidding.  We went to Spaghetti Works and that place has gone to ****.  There are even signs warning you about the uneven floors (which literally move up and down).
I was just there a month or so ago and I couldn't believe how bad it had gotten either. Among other things, I noticed the floors moving but I don't recall a warning sign, I must not have been paying attention. It's good that they're getting out of there, that restaurant deserves better than that.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

New Spaghetti Works:

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here are a few photos I took over the Memorial Day Weekend:

They have since put up the signs on the Spaghetti Works and have finished out one of the bays on the new building

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Spaghetti Works is now open!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Spaghetti Works is now open!
I was by there Friday and Saturday, both nights between the 6 and 7pm hour and there were HUGE lines outside!
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Brad wrote:
I was by there Friday and Saturday, both nights between the 6 and 7pm hour and there were HUGE lines outside!
Why?  The same restaurant that has been on Park Drive for 20 years just moved across the street!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

nativeomahan wrote:
Brad wrote:
Why?  The same restaurant that has been on Park Drive for 20 years just moved across the street!
Well maybe because they had lines at their OLD location too.  Been there more than once at the old location where I had to wait to get in in that time frame in the evening.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:
nativeomahan wrote: Why?  The same restaurant that has been on Park Drive for 20 years just moved across the street!
Well maybe because they had lines at their OLD location too.  Been there more than once at the old location where I had to wait to get in in that time frame in the evening.
They were also closed for at least a month between the new and old buildings.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

It looks like the Pepperjax has begone to do their interior finish.

Also people at the local bar were complaining the Jimmy John's is not staying open late  at the new store on park drive.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

another observation I forgot to mention....

New PepperJax

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10467602
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:PepperJax Grill opened its sixth Omaha restaurant Monday.

The new 8406 Park Drive location is open for lunch and dinner daily.

The chain, launched in 2002 by Gary and Linda Rohwer of Omaha, specializes in Philly sandwiches, gourmet rice bowls, wraps and fresh salads. PepperJax Grill also has Kansas locations in Overland Park and Lawrence, and hopes to expand to Bellevue and Lincoln.
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

I drove by there Monday night.  The interior lighting in combination with the proximity to the street is very captivating.
where the corn meets the concrete
Coyote
City Council

Re: 84th & Park Drive

Post by Coyote »

Apparently Just in Thyme finally closed down.
Brad
City Council

Re: 84th & Park Drive

Post by Brad »

Accordingly by to an OWH FB post - Brewskis on park drive has closed affective immediately.