West Dodge Station (NWC 180 & Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

UNOstudent
Human Relations

Post by UNOstudent »

does anyone know about any possible tenants at west dodge station? or if there is a thread already discussing this. if there isnt a tenant list already, then what tenants would you guys think are possibles or good fits? i would like to at least get a younkers or dillards so i can at least buy a ralph lauren polo w/o having to drive to oakview or westroads
CountOfMC
Library Board

Post by CountOfMC »

Anyone know what they're building out there in what seems to be the West Dodge Station area? They've been throwing up side walls for the last couple of weeks, but I haven't heard any news on it yet nor proposed tenants.
God created alcohol to keep the Irish from taking over the world!
UNOstudent
Human Relations

Post by UNOstudent »

im pretty sure thats the new infinti at like 182nd just north of dodge
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I found this on the douglas county engineers website.

This all looks like residential.
http://webarc.co.douglas.ne.us/engineer ... 31-2.1.pdf
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Post by omahapropertymanager »

Brad wrote:I found this on the douglas county engineers website.

This all looks like residential.
http://webarc.co.douglas.ne.us/engineer ... 31-2.1.pdf
Yeah, I haven't seen a plat for the commercial part yet, but I've been up there to check out where trails are going to go in the neighborhood, and they already have the streets paved for (at least part) the commercial area. The road that I went on seems to be laid out how the main street that goes down the middle of Village Point with parking spaces along the side of the street.
redfield
Library Board

Post by redfield »

The infiniti dealership that is now open appears to be a part of west dodge station. The building on the southwest corner that is currently under construction is to be a Ratigan dealership.

There's a lutheran church being built on the northeast corner of what is supposed to be multifamily according to cormac's web-site, and the main street with parking on either side appears to be running through the area labelled as multi-family also, but it certainly doesn't make sense to have a street like that if that's what it's supposed to be.

I was talking to one of the residential agents listing lots in the West Dodge Village(what the link Brad added is), and his understanding was that there is to be some smaller retailers, some restaurants, and some bars in the retail portion of the project. That certainly doesn't sound like a 500,000sf village pointe type area, but maybe there are some larger retail areas in the project that he's unaware of.

It would be nice if the people who answer the phone at Cormac knew, or would share anything. All I can get is forwarded to somebody's voicemail and haven't heard anything back.

I'd really love to know when we'll see the retail portion openning up, and who or what it will include.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Saturday 2/25/2006

Look how close to Elkhorn

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Greg Young is ugly. Like an ugly half brother of Superior Honda. What year is it again? Baxter is pretty nice though. The signage is kind of in some weird spots, but the brick is lovely.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

According to Lundco's semi-annual retail report... Sam's Club is to be a tenant in West Dodge Station.
w8ing
Human Relations

Post by w8ing »

I'm ignorant on this. What does "West Dodge Station" mean? Where did the term originate? And wouldn't it be fun of Lutheran Church of the Master had a throw down with Presbyterian Church of the Master? :wink:
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

A costco would have been so bad? When is Costco going to pull the trigger already?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

NovakOmaha wrote:A costco would have been so bad? When is Costco going to pull the trigger already?
Check this thread (no timetable though):

http://www.eomaha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4163

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Omaha needs to step up and get the design standards approved. I hope they force Sam's to do something decent. Anybody know which side of Dodge? Hopefully North so it's not too close to Village Pointe, no matter how nice the Sam's is, I don't see it fitting in well next to that development.

I hope if Costco does come to town they go to Maple, or near the Irvington exit on 680, since Sam's is on Dodge now.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I just read that it's going up on the NW corner.

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Just found this:

OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Wow thats nothing like the original plan said.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Yeah, the initial plan had a Village Point'esk 'main street' element to it.

NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Plans change a lot between initial concept and grand opening. Village Point changed a dozen or so times. Tenants are proposed and pull out during negotiations, financing, zoning, etc. all play a part.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Just found another interesting map:

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

That's an old map. It still has the Jaguar/Land Rover dealership moving out there before they were traded to Markel for Fords instead.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Looks like they still plan on having some drive up store fronts.

OPlaya
Home Owners Association

Post by OPlaya »

If they do that can only be a good thing right?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... d=10123770

Looks like SAM's will not be building in this area after all.  IT states that it is too close to the current Sam's Location.  Last I checked, the current location was there when the plans for a possible Sam's was anounced.   :roll:   My guess is that it has a lot more to do with the Costco opening up down the road.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will not build a Sam's Club at 180th Street and West Dodge Road.

Spokesman Ryan Horn said that although the company did have a purchase agreement on land there, it decided not to go ahead with plans.

"We took a second look at it some time ago, and we were concerned about our proximity to our 132nd and L (Streets) store," Horn said.

There also is a Sam's store near Lake Manawa in Council Bluffs...............................
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

There is a large office tenant and a hotel that are looking there, however.  Neither on the actual Sams site.
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Post by CapitalGuy »

One specific office tenant? And what is large? Could this be TD Ameritrade or BCBS?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

CapitalGuy wrote:One specific office tenant? And what is large? Could this be TD Ameritrade or BCBS?
I think it will be PacLife.  The decision was probably made after hiring DTO.  This will force him to buy a car and drive to the West Omaha Burbs every day or look for a new job!!!
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

nebugeater wrote:
CapitalGuy wrote:One specific office tenant? And what is large? Could this be TD Ameritrade or BCBS?
I think it will be PacLife.  The decision was probably made after hiring DTO.  This will force him to buy a car and drive to the West Omaha Burbs every day or look for a new job!!!
and if that doesn't work out, they will relocate to des moines...forcing him to live there.  to him, this would be worse than heck..
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

"Is this heck?" (the censor filter is ridiculous)
"No, it's west Omaha."

Sorry, I just saw the picture and couldn't resist.  :;):
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I hate being forced to defend various parts of the city, but I really need resume photo trips to east Omaha and use a little less selectivity in picking my subject matter.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
midtown charlie
Human Relations

Post by midtown charlie »

more activity on this project.  See attached city council agenda.  There are are a couple of 2 and 3 story buildings (office over retail).  They have illustrations on the city council agenda.  Glad to see multi use buildings.  I think these types of buildings will prove to be very popular office space.  

http://www.ci.omaha.ne.us/departments/c ... sc/383.pdf
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Pinnacle Bank plans new HQ

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100424/MONEY/704249881
Steve Jordon WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Pinnacle Bancorp Inc., Nebraska’s second-largest locally owned bank holding company, plans to start construction next month on a three-story, 64,000-square-foot bank and headquarters building on the northwest corner of 180th Street and West Dodge Road.

“This will give us some more visibility in Omaha,” said Sid Dinsdale, chairman and president of the $5.5 billion-asset banking company, which is owned by his family.

He said the project was on hold for about two years because of the slumping economy, which seems to be improving, and now is a good time to seek construction bids. He said the cost of the new building isn’t certain because bidding is still under way.

Justin Horst, chief financial officer, said the first floor will have a full-service Pinnacle Bank location and the Omaha market headquarters. The second floor will have space to lease to other tenants, and the third floor will house bank holding company offices.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Tenant joins Pinnacle headquarters

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100513/M ... adquarters
Steve Jordon WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:The Dinsdale family of Palmer, Neb., is raising the profile of its 130-year-old banking company by building a new headquarters northwest of 180th Street and West Dodge Road.

Bank and community officials broke ground Wednesday on a three-story Pinnacle Bancorp building, in a ceremony moved next door to the Infiniti of Omaha parking lot because of wet ground.

Pinnacle already has signed a major tenant, the Seim Johnson accounting firm, for its new building, which is expected to open in May 2011.

That’s a promising head start for Pinnacle’s new structure, which will house a full-service Pinnacle Bank office and the headquarters for the Omaha market on the first floor and the holding company’s headquarters on the third floor. Seim Johnson will be on the second floor.

Sid Dinsdale, chairman and CEO, said he waited two years to start the project because of the recession. The original plan was expanded by 25 percent to accommodate Seim Johnson’s needs, he said, so the third floor has room for another tenant.

“Now’s the time when Omaha needs the jobs,” said Mark Hesser, president of Pinnacle Bank.

The building was designed by Avant Architects and will be built by Darland Construction.

Tom Schnack, managing partner of Seim Johnson, said the firm will move its 70-person staff to larger space in the new building from its office at 8807 Indian Hills Drive.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

Yuck.

Are these the same guys that designed the Gallup campus?

Very groovy.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Looks kinda '60s-ish. That diving board thing on the roof is pretty interesting though.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

and the sprawl keeps on going and going and going down dodge st lol
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

guitarguy wrote:and the sprawl keeps on going and going and going down dodge st lol
I wonder if the Platte can stop it?
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

hmmm...... The rendering I see out on the site has blue glass..... it actually looks different if I recall correctly.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nice looking building.

charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

The Pinnnacle Bank Building/Seim Johnson Building looks awesome now for the holidays...every tree has lights on it.  I'd love to see a brad williams photo of it at night.